Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: Q & A with IFBB Pro, Justin Compton!

Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    What were your problems before, just constipation?

abdominal discomfort

Hey Justin,

what does a normal arm routine look like for you? What do you feel has worked the best for them?

Quote Originally Posted by justincompton View Post
    abdominal discomfort
    is is it still a lot better since you dropped the sweeteners? You may just have been overdoing it (I am guessing the intra workout stuff you use is flavored as well. It all adds up. Definitely nothing wrong with some Splenda and stevia but I guess too much can just cause problems)

Quote Originally Posted by bugsfix View Post
    Hey Justin,

what does a normal arm routine look like for you? What do you feel has worked the best for them?

well i generally do 8-10 sets right now per muscle on arms. never train foremans though. I make sure to change the exercises and rep range and make sure I kill it every week differently.

is is it still a lot better since you dropped the sweeteners? You may just have been overdoing it (I am guessing the intra workout stuff you use is flavored as well. It all adds up. Definitely nothing wrong with some Splenda and stevia but I guess too much can just cause problems)

I think that helped for sure. But I changed some food around and dropped my liquid carb intake down and doing mostly solids now. But I used to have probably 15-20 splendas a day and now i'm down to 2-3

Do the liquid intra carbs upset your stomach? I have been using them hoping they would be a bloat free way to add in mor carbs and cals for growth! Though, I do actually use unflavored carbs from the site I use so don't have to worry about sweetners!

Do the liquid intra carbs upset your stomach? I have been using them hoping they would be a bloat free way to add in mor carbs and cals for growth! Though, I do actually use unflavored carbs from the site I use so don't have to worry about sweetners!
    no they never did really i handled it well. I don't think it was those carbs that bothered me. I'm not a doctor so not 100% sure but all I know is I changed things up a bit and now I'm rolling steady and feeling great(aside from the normal contest prep fatigue lol)

no they never did really i handled it well. I don't think it was those carbs that bothered me. I'm not a doctor so not 100% sure but all I know is I changed things up a bit and now I'm rolling steady and feeling great(aside from the normal contest prep fatigue lol)
    It seems like on your case then it was more a matter of just too much artificial sweetners (most likely). A little bit of them in the powders or even on food is fine but past a certain point it's too much. Splenda has been shown in vitro to feed the pathogenic strains of bacteria in your gut and actually kill off the good kind so that could have been a possibility. Glad to hear your feelin better!

It seems like on your case then it was more a matter of just too much artificial sweetners (most likely). A little bit of them in the powders or even on food is fine but past a certain point it's too much. Splenda has been shown in vitro to feed the pathogenic strains of bacteria in your gut and actually kill off the good kind so that could have been a possibility. Glad to hear your feelin better!
    I have actually read similar articles stating the same thing! I've learned to enjoy my foods, if I don't enjoy eating it without loading it down with a bunch of crap, then its time to change it up and re-evaluate what I'm putting into my body. I am currently 5 weeks out and to be honest this is the first time I've been flat during my prep so tomorrow being a leg day, I am going to slam in alot of extra carbs. If you follow me on instagram or facebook I think I am going to post pics of every meal that I am doing as people can see that contest prep doesn't have to be boring if done properly. Granted, I definately don't do this daily and my food on a regular day is different, but I am going to eat clean tomorrow just change and spice things up a bit so it "seems" in my mind that I am cheating which will help me kill some cravings!(so...I will actually be introducing some of the artiifical crap but only for a day)

Hey Guys,

Sorry for telling you to follow my pics on my high carb day yesterday as I didn't post any. It was a very rough day for me. Yesterday was my girls birthday and I tried to show her the best time I possible could even though I got struck with some very crappy news yesterday. I'm not one to dump my personal problems to the public as I'm not looking for sympathy or advice any of the such, just letting you know that it was a very terrible day and I was slightly depressed so no pics or updates. Sometimes life will throw curveballs, we try to dodge them but sometimes we get hit, but when you do then that just means get back up and keep on moving! Despite my issues, I was still able to stay 100% on point, have a very nasty leg workout, cook a nice birthday meal for my lady since I don't eat during prep, and take the family out to the movies! So for food in anyone is interested I took my diet, kept it 100% clean but changed nearly EVERY source of food around and pushed my carbs about triple the usual. I woke up .4lbs heavier much harder and fuller it was a much needed break to bust thru this plateau!

M1: 25g Whey, 1 cup of Oatmeal, 6oz blueberries, 6oz pineapple, 2 tablespoons of natty pb
    M2: 4oz Chicken, 8oz Brown Rice Pasta(dry)
    M3: 6oz Salmon, 14oz Yam
    M4: 6oz Mahi Mahi, 6 slices of cinnamon raison ezekial bread
    M5: 6oz Mahi Mahi, 16oz Red Potatoes
    M6: 8oz nonfat greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons of pb and 2 slices of cinn raise ezekial bread

Just alittle rundown to spice things up a bit and fill out! I'm not a big fan of all the artifical sweetners and stuff as you all know but I did load up like crazy on low sugar ketchup, like half a bottle of spray butter lol, plenty of splenda

I'm sorry about the bad news. Keep your head up brother. Thanks for the info

Justin v interesting log n im really enjoying the updates

How often do you have a high carb day when prepping on average ?

Also are those reduced protein amounts in each meal ?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by hilly2010 View Post
    Justin v interesting log n im really enjoying the updates

How often do you have a high carb day when prepping on average ?

Also are those reduced protein amounts in each meal ?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    High carb and cheat meals are AS NEEDED. So I don't have a set day or schedule on them. It all depends on how the body is looking and feeling. I am very much human as everyone and enjoy eating dirty food, but I like to use food as a means to an end rather than for pleasure. And yes, on higher carb days, I will back off the protein to about 300-350g as I don't feel its necessary to pound your body with that and make it process the extra protein while trying to replenish its glycogen stores. Just a few things I've learned over the years that works well for my body

when you are at the midst of dieting and dropping your carbs how high do you up your protein at the maximal level? I am sure you say your metabolism is crazy fast guessing you've always grown up that way being a ectomorph? however I am asking how low do you drop carbs and fats when dieting and how high at the maximal point do you intake your dietary protein needs.

Thanks!

High carb and cheat meals are AS NEEDED. So I don't have a set day or schedule on them. It all depends on how the body is looking and feeling. I am very much human as everyone and enjoy eating dirty food, but I like to use food as a means to an end rather than for pleasure. And yes, on higher carb days, I will back off the protein to about 300-350g as I don't feel its necessary to pound your body with that and make it process the extra protein while trying to replenish its glycogen stores. Just a few things I've learned over the years that works well for my body

Quote Originally Posted by v117 View Post
    when you are at the midst of dieting and dropping your carbs how high do you up your protein at the maximal level? I am sure you say your metabolism is crazy fast guessing you've always grown up that way being a ectomorph? however I am asking how low do you drop carbs and fats when dieting and how high at the maximal point do you intake your dietary protein needs.

Thanks!

Protein, I don't feel anything over 450-475 is gonna benefit me in any positive way. Carbs vary day to day but fats when in prep I don't add any direct fat just what's found on meats and protein sources so just traces...30-40g max

Dedicated Noob

Great physique man. For some constructive criticism I think you should bring up your glutes, I think it shows especially in the side poses. Also calves, but I know you're already on that! Keep it up, best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by yngvea View Post
    Great physique man. For some constructive criticism I think you should bring up your glutes, I think it shows especially in the side poses. Also calves, but I know you're already on that! Keep it up, best wishes

Already a step ahead of you! This year I have been focusing on the upper quad, glute and hamstrings very hard!

Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast