Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast

Thread: Q & A with IFBB Pro, Justin Compton!

Hey justin, what supplements do you use that aren't bodybuilding related so to speak. Thinks like fish oil, vitamin d, enzymes, etc?

congrats on the win!

Hi Justin, first off congrats on the Europa win! I have an idea for an MD feature and would love to have your input: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ld-you-read-it
    The basic idea is a monthly feature having Ron Harris train with a different pro and writing it up, a new twist on the training article. It'd be great to hear what a pro like yourself thinks of that idea, both on whether it would be popular and if that's something that you as a pro would be interested in doing.
    I min/max my physique

Banned

Hey Justin congratulations on your recent win, you looked incredible, how does it feel to be blessed with 1 in a million genetics?

Quote Originally Posted by Sexybeast777 View Post
    Hey Justin congratulations on your recent win, you looked incredible, how does it feel to be blessed with 1 in a million genetics?

Ignore this schmo

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blackwell View Post
    Congrats on the win justin. Any new ideas about competing at the Olympia? Get up there and stand next to your father dennis wolf.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

Just now getting settled in and home man! I haven't had time think the idea thru yet but I will keep everyone posted ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by martellrui View Post
    Hi Justin,
    how I can contact you?

thanks!
    right here on MD man!

Quote Originally Posted by -DNTS- View Post
    Justin,

How your training split looks like in the offseason when hitting everthing twice? Was you trainung everything twice a week all your career?
    honestly it varied man. Sometimes if something didn't feel "ready" to be trained again then i didn't try to force it ya know? And no I haven't always done that my whole career just this past offseason

Quote Originally Posted by Roy23 View Post
    Hi justin , can you tell us how you managed carbs in last 2 weeks before this contest ? I saw pics on your facebook with "cheat meals" before stage can you explain , can you tell also when you cut water and sodium , if you did?

all this varies from person to person. I am usually not a beleiver in giving myself or anyone cheat meals, howwever m body was ready to compete way to early so I purposely ate ALOT of certain days in order to actually slow down a notch. I ate "clean" food so to say just not my regular diet stuff. Sodium and water...I play it all by ear man by how full/dry I was. I drank a full gallon on thursday. Friday about 1/2 gallon. Didn't cut sodium. This varies from peron to person as I know some people who pulls both way early and it works well while others it will flatten out really bad

Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    Hey justin, what supplements do you use that aren't bodybuilding related so to speak. Thinks like fish oil, vitamin d, enzymes, etc?

congrats on the win!
    I used Gear preworkout to amp me up a bit on days I was feeling wore out before training but for the most part I didn't use too many. Fish oil I think can be very handy and benefical to the body. I probably need vitamin D as I am never in the sun haha. ALA and Vanadyl I think can be important depending on ones diet and carb intake

Quote Originally Posted by El_Spiko View Post
    Hi Justin, first off congrats on the Europa win! I have an idea for an MD feature and would love to have your input: http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ld-you-read-it
    The basic idea is a monthly feature having Ron Harris train with a different pro and writing it up, a new twist on the training article. It'd be great to hear what a pro like yourself thinks of that idea, both on whether it would be popular and if that's something that you as a pro would be interested in doing.
    I will have to get back to you this man. I just got settled in from my photshoot with MD(which was excellent btw I can't wait for everyone to see these photos!!) but this is a long thread and soon as I catch a bit of a break and have the time I'll review it and give my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Sexybeast777 View Post
    Thank you man. I feel great and fortunate to be in the position that I am but I don't attritube it to all genetics and I have never worked this hard for anything in life. Genetics only goes so far, work ethic must be there and when the two is combined is when great things happen. I used to think I trained and worked hard up until this year!

Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    Ignore this schmo
    as I stated to him, its not just genetics that gets somoene to an elite level. There is alot of genetic freaks out there that never succeed because of poor work ehtic and dicipline. I have a goal in my mind and I am determined to reach that goal so every single day counts in this sport and I have worked myself to death to be where I am at and very forunate to be in this position

Trust me, I have seen at least 50 guys over the years with better genetics than Justin who never even turned pro. Some were lazy (both in the gym and life, always broke and mooching off others), dumb, into illegal activity, had rec drug issues, had too much baby mama drama, or all of the above.

Justin is the dangerous type - great genetics, brains, drive, and discipline.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

justin , how many carbs you eat on your prep. You said on interview you tried to eat 200 and "feel i die" i have sometimes same problem when i try low carb days , how you managed to still burn fat on high carbs? increase cardio , double trainings?

Hey justin, is your volume per workout toned down slightly when you are training 7 days a week ( still more overall volume per body part then just once per week though)? For example say you normally kill back once a week with 20-24 sets over various exercises. With twice a week would you do that much twice, or something more like 16-18 sets twice?

and as far as that part of the lat that inserts right underneath the armpit in the front double bi (the highest insertion of your lat) would you recommend something like fairly wide grip pulldowns, maybe even to the top of the head or forehead to keep constant tension on that area? My torso is shorter compared to my lower body so, while I need to work upper and lower lats, I def need to emphasize the upper to keep that v taper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Trust me, I have seen at least 50 guys over the years with better genetics than Justin who never even turned pro. Some were lazy (both in the gym and life, always broke and mooching off others), dumb, into illegal activity, had rec drug issues, had too much baby mama drama, or all of the above.

Justin is the dangerous type - great genetics, brains, drive, and discipline.

Thank you Ron!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy23 View Post
    justin , how many carbs you eat on your prep. You said on interview you tried to eat 200 and "feel i die" i have sometimes same problem when i try low carb days , how you managed to still burn fat on high carbs? increase cardio , double trainings?
    You have to listen to you body. It all varies. I wanted to kick things up a notch and I ended up ready alittle too early. My entire prep was 10 weeks start to finish and I didn't need that long so towards the end of the diet I had to eat up just to stay full. I was as low as 200g on 45 minutes of cardio a day for like a total of 8-10 days then my metabolism was firing so fast I had to continuely pull cardio and add food and ended up at 20 min cardio 4 days a week on 600g carbs a day

Page 12 of 69 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262 ... LastLast