Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Q & A with IFBB Pro, Justin Compton!

Hey Justin !! I have a contest in 6 days and after that i want to take 2 years off for mass building.What do you believe is the best option for this period (offseason) ? Training each bodypart once a week with some rest days or train everything twice ? Thank you for your time,God bless you !!

Quote Originally Posted by justincompton View Post
    Yes I do feel they have. The added calories have helped me grow but the timing of the carbs is also crucial IMO to get them in around the workout
    do you recommend a certain amount based on body weight/training volume?

how many dou you normally use and how much water do you mix it with( seems important to prevent bloating or stomach upset)

Quote Originally Posted by Diomidis Mavroudis View Post
    Hey Justin !! I have a contest in 6 days and after that i want to take 2 years off for mass building.What do you believe is the best option for this period (offseason) ? Training each bodypart once a week with some rest days or train everything twice ? Thank you for your time,God bless you !!
    My advice is to do everything twice per week, but at the same time listen to you body. I am back to once per week training at the moment because I started getting alittle achy so I back my training down some and now I am good to go. When you notice your too drained, it might be time to back things down

Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    do you recommend a certain amount based on body weight/training volume?

how many dou you normally use and how much water do you mix it with( seems important to prevent bloating or stomach upset)
    I typically would start a client low and slowly go up, I don't use a set formula. I do beleive the higher volume needs some extra carbs or I will be on emtpy for the workout is over

As for the water, I typically mix a full shaker up and drink it throughout the workout, regardless of how many carbs is in it. That seems to be the best amount for me as it helps keep hydrated during your workout and doesn't bloat me. If I used anymore water I wouldn't be able to train for the bloat in my stomach.

My advice is to do everything twice per week, but at the same time listen to you body. I am back to once per week training at the moment because I started getting alittle achy so I back my training down some and now I am good to go. When you notice your too drained, it might be time to back things down
    So,if my recovery is on point your advice is to train everything twice but if i feel overtrained to cut back to train everything once a week,right ???

So,if my recovery is on point your advice is to train everything twice but if i feel overtrained to cut back to train everything once a week,right ???
    Correct! Push yourself all you can, but listen to you body as well!

Justin you are awesome for this QA if you don't mind can you show us what you take for pre, intra, post workout supplementation/shakes? for example

Pre: 10g BCAA, 10g Glutamine, 5g creatine, NO2 product etc.

Good luck

I typically would start a client low and slowly go up, I don't use a set formula. I do beleive the higher volume needs some extra carbs or I will be on emtpy for the workout is over

As for the water, I typically mix a full shaker up and drink it throughout the workout, regardless of how many carbs is in it. That seems to be the best amount for me as it helps keep hydrated during your workout and doesn't bloat me. If I used anymore water I wouldn't be able to train for the bloat in my stomach.
    what particular carb supplement do you use?

Correct! Push yourself all you can, but listen to you body as well!
    Thank you so much for the help !! Keep going Justin,you have a super bright future !!

Quote Originally Posted by v117 View Post
    Justin you are awesome for this QA if you don't mind can you show us what you take for pre, intra, post workout supplementation/shakes? for example

Pre: 10g BCAA, 10g Glutamine, 5g creatine, NO2 product etc.

Good luck

nothing pre at the moment

during 20g bcaa 60 carbs 10g creatine

post...i am currently doing a meal but i will switch from time to time to a shake, 50g protein 100-120 carbs

Thank you so much for the help !! Keep going Justin,you have a super bright future !!

No problem bro, Good luck at your show!

Muscle Head

hey justin my name is rex and i am a noncompetitive bodybuilder enthusiast ( for now at least )
    just wanted to get your opinion my diet

1.25 g protein per pound (260 x 1.25) = 325
    1 g carb per pound (260 x 1) = 260
    .5 g carb per pound (260 x .5) = 130

my plan is to decrease carbs and keep protein and fats the same until i get to about 100 carbs per day and stay there for a while. what do you think? is it smart for someone with 16% BF to keep their fats this high?

Muscle Head

that is with my goal being fat loss

Quote Originally Posted by Rexxxsteele View Post
    hey justin my name is rex and i am a noncompetitive bodybuilder enthusiast ( for now at least )
    just wanted to get your opinion my diet

1.25 g protein per pound (260 x 1.25) = 325
    1 g carb per pound (260 x 1) = 260
    .5 g carb per pound (260 x .5) = 130

my plan is to decrease carbs and keep protein and fats the same until i get to about 100 carbs per day and stay there for a while. what do you think? is it smart for someone with 16% BF to keep their fats this high?

I can't really say which would be best for you because everyone metabolism is different. Logic would say the more you decrease your calories the leaner you get right? Well when I start prep I dip my carbs down big time initially and before long my metabolism is raving and I actually have to increase the food every few days to keep from dropping down too fast. So I wouldn't go into it with the mindset of "this is how I'm going to do it" rather so, start with a plan and see how your respond you might actually go up on food. As about the fats...I personally suggest a lower fat diet, that much fats wouldn't work for me

Hi mr JC

Now Im in offseason phase. Im trying to build some lean muscle and lose some fat during this phase. Whats your idea if I just have time to cardio after my weight session immadiately, Can I have some fast carbs during training? Im around 215,so maybe 30-40g carb is enough for first i think but its not cancel my cardio session because im full of carbs? Thanks your help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Atisbody View Post
    Hi mr JC

Now Im in offseason phase. Im trying to build some lean muscle and lose some fat during this phase. Whats your idea if I just have time to cardio after my weight session immadiately, Can I have some fast carbs during training? Im around 215,so maybe 30-40g carb is enough for first i think but its not cancel my cardio session because im full of carbs? Thanks your help!!!

Gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time is a very hard thing to do but can be done. I would suggest again pre or intra carbs if you are doing cardio post workout to lose fat. By going thru the workout and depleting the body of glycogen it will then be able to burn some fat during your post workout cardio session. If your having plenty of intra carbs its going to be burning that as energy. Just my thoughts

No problem bro, Good luck at your show!
    Thanks again !! Keep inspire !!

Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast