Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: Q & A with IFBB Pro, Justin Compton!

Do you set a minimum intake of meals before you train regardlessly, like 3-4 meals before you lift plus a pre workout shake? Do you always do pre workout shakes or does that bloat you? I also have bloat issues mad prefer to train on a light stomach.

Af at your peak of the off season or prep what intake of supplements do you take pre intra post. Thank you sorry to bug

Quote Originally Posted by justincompton View Post
    nothing pre at the moment

during 20g bcaa 60 carbs 10g creatine

post...i am currently doing a meal but i will switch from time to time to a shake, 50g protein 100-120 carbs

Quote Originally Posted by v117 View Post
    Do you set a minimum intake of meals before you train regardlessly, like 3-4 meals before you lift plus a pre workout shake? Do you always do pre workout shakes or does that bloat you? I also have bloat issues mad prefer to train on a light stomach.

Af at your peak of the off season or prep what intake of supplements do you take pre intra post. Thank you sorry to bug

Good question. Sometimes life hits you with circumstances that forces you to alter the way you prefer to do things, but in a perfect world, I like to train after Meal 2 or Meal 3. If I train after meal 1 I don't feel like I got enough energy to hit it as hard as I would like. If I train after meal 5 or so late in the day I do feel alittle bloated when I put some heavy weight on. So meal 2 or 3 is my sweet spot. Ths shakes can be bloating I just prefer to use as little water as possible.

For supps I use 10g creatine year round. bcaa stays in year round as well. the carbs...ehh..varies...I've done as much as 120g in a sitting but thats about all my stomach will handle

What would a week look like for you when you are hitting everything twice?

If snail A leaves the park at .000008mph, and snail B leaves 30min later but is traveling .00001mph, how big is the first snails cock?

Craig Goliath. stop trollin' you are married to a transexual... so if anything you'd know the snail's cock size by seeing your boyfriend.

That's private information!!! Lol

Justin what's your main go-to meal that you make in large quantity? I like to keep things simple and don't care if I eat the same shit everyday.

Barbarian christianausdemspreewald's Avatar

Hey Justin,
    Do you know if GEAR will roll out a protein powder?
    What is your choice for protein beside the meals?
    And do you have any schedule for next year competitions?
    Thanks
    The real and only... http://www.body-xtreme.de

Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    What would a week look like for you when you are hitting everything twice?

I like to change it every now and then so I don't get bored on it but right now it looks like this

chest/tris
    back/bis
    shoulders/calfs
    legs
    chest/tris
    back/biceps/calves
    off

Quote Originally Posted by guitargoliath View Post
    If snail A leaves the park at .000008mph, and snail B leaves 30min later but is traveling .00001mph, how big is the first snails cock?
    ummm...i'm pretty good with numbers but you got me stumped on that one lol...

Quote Originally Posted by guitargoliath View Post
    Justin what's your main go-to meal that you make in large quantity? I like to keep things simple and don't care if I eat the same shit everyday.

I usually try to cook each day and eat fresh unless I am traveling somewhere. But if you are looking to save time and cook in bulk some basics would be beef and chicken...preferably baked. I can't eat grilled food after its like a day old...very very dry. I can't hardly eat cold pasta either but yams seem to stay good for several days along with red potatoes. You could also cook up a massive pot of rice and last several days too

Quote Originally Posted by christianausdemspreewald View Post
    Hey Justin,
    Do you know if GEAR will roll out a protein powder?
    What is your choice for protein beside the meals?
    And do you have any schedule for next year competitions?
    Thanks

I only get alittle info here and there. I am pretty sure its in the making and hoping to be out by the Arnold but keep in mind all the regulations in the industry and getting patents its a big hassle to start up a product.

I get most of my protein from solid foods. If I do shakes it would be a whey protein isolate.

As for next year, I am looking at several shows. I am really hoping to get in the invite to the Arnold in Brazil. Lets pray I get accepted! But I am also planning on doing the NY Pro and Toronto Pro as well

I like to change it every now and then so I don't get bored on it but right now it looks like this

chest/tris
    back/bis
    shoulders/calfs
    legs
    chest/tris
    back/biceps/calves
    off
    What would an offseason workout look like with this split? I know you say you use a good bit of volume, but is that lots of exercises or lots of sets with a few exercises?

Also, how often do you go to failure in a workout?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by finxster View Post
    What would an offseason workout look like with this split? I know you say you use a good bit of volume, but is that lots of exercises or lots of sets with a few exercises?

Also, how often do you go to failure in a workout?

Thanks
    for the most part its 2-3 sets per exercises and several different exercises so its anywhere from 10-18 sets depending on the particular muscle. I do it to hit it from all angles but sometimes I I will do 5-6 sets of just a couple exercises.

Failure? Every workout lol. Usually my heaviest set on each exercises is to failure

As far as a good starting point to bulk from, and make adjustments from, do you have any recommendations for protein carbs and fats?

for example, start with 1.5 grams per pound of protein, 2 grams of carbs per pound, and 0.33-0.5 grams of fat per pound and adjust carbs and fats up or down from there based on results?

Good question. Sometimes life hits you with circumstances that forces you to alter the way you prefer to do things, but in a perfect world, I like to train after Meal 2 or Meal 3. If I train after meal 1 I don't feel like I got enough energy to hit it as hard as I would like. If I train after meal 5 or so late in the day I do feel alittle bloated when I put some heavy weight on. So meal 2 or 3 is my sweet spot. Ths shakes can be bloating I just prefer to use as little water as possible.

For supps I use 10g creatine year round. bcaa stays in year round as well. the carbs...ehh..varies...I've done as much as 120g in a sitting but thats about all my stomach will handle
    Is it just kinda the nature of the beast to feel a bit bloated by the end of the day in the offseason??

Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    As far as a good starting point to bulk from, and make adjustments from, do you have any recommendations for protein carbs and fats?

for example, start with 1.5 grams per pound of protein, 2 grams of carbs per pound, and 0.33-0.5 grams of fat per pound and adjust carbs and fats up or down from there based on results?
    protein I can agree with that. Carbs, I don't use a formula I look at the client, based on how they look and what our goal is I then make the decision. I keep the fats moderate to low...30-50 usually

Page 7 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast