Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Q & A with IFBB Pro, Justin Compton!

551233_10202283598235642_2065593605_n.jpg

Looking like a beast here Justin. huge biceps! share the secret to those arms lol. looking good

Do you notice if you or any clients have any gi issues come up if using too many powders with artificial sweetners each day? Is it a good idea to maybe use a scoop or two of the flavored versions, then use the bulk unflavored powders for the rest of your pre during post drink?

Quote Originally Posted by v117 View Post
    551233_10202283598235642_2065593605_n.jpg

Looking like a beast here Justin. huge biceps! share the secret to those arms lol. looking good

lol Roman is actually much bigger than this picture is showing. I caught the perfect angle on the pic on him lol. Honestly, I don't lift near as heavy and just make sure I hit a full range of motion good stretch and good squeeze. At one point I was doing skullcrushers with 185-205 but now I usually keep it around 125-135. In college I curled 90lb dumbbels and I look back and laugh at that now. If only I had the same mind to muscle control in everything else in my body i'd be set...

Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    Do you notice if you or any clients have any gi issues come up if using too many powders with artificial sweetners each day? Is it a good idea to maybe use a scoop or two of the flavored versions, then use the bulk unflavored powders for the rest of your pre during post drink?

Hmmm. I can't really answer this question but I will say you might be on to something here. I usually use several packs of splenda/stevia/truvia or zero calorie sweetner per day, alongside with flavored zero cal waters and 1-2 diet sodas per day and I can say that I have noticed some gasto issues lately. I start my diet next weekend and I always pull out everything at that point from day 1 so we'll see how it goes, ask me about this again in 2-3 weeks and I'll give you a bit more feedback

Hey Justin,

Do you ever get adrenal or fatigue issues (cns) and how do you combat this. As you do this I am sure High volume, High intensity, Heavy weights takes a toll on your cns/adrenal and training 6x a week prob. takes a toll. Recovery maybe a concern.

Do you ever have sleep issues? I am curious how many hours do you typically sleep and how you feel.

Last thing when you do train say Back, Biceps, Calves typically what are the maximum sets for Back you do on a big body part like Back and Legs for examples do you do 2-3 sets warm-up then 3 heavy or 4 heavy sets and move on or do you gauge it base on how many exercises you hit (for the angle differences of how you hit the muscles) and say once you do Biceps and Calves how many exercises do you typically do. last thing, do you always do biceps after back so you dont have to train as mucle volume, or sets, etc? or do you also train triceps at time after. Sorry for this long question.

Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by justincompton View Post
    for the most part its 2-3 sets per exercises and several different exercises so its anywhere from 10-18 sets depending on the particular muscle. I do it to hit it from all angles but sometimes I I will do 5-6 sets of just a couple exercises.

Failure? Every workout lol. Usually my heaviest set on each exercises is to failure

Hey Justin,

Do you ever get adrenal or fatigue issues (cns) and how do you combat this. As you do this I am sure High volume, High intensity, Heavy weights takes a toll on your cns/adrenal and training 6x a week prob. takes a toll. Recovery maybe a concern.

Do you ever have sleep issues? I am curious how many hours do you typically sleep and how you feel.

Last thing when you do train say Back, Biceps, Calves typically what are the maximum sets for Back you do on a big body part like Back and Legs for examples do you do 2-3 sets warm-up then 3 heavy or 4 heavy sets and move on or do you gauge it base on how many exercises you hit (for the angle differences of how you hit the muscles) and say once you do Biceps and Calves how many exercises do you typically do. last thing, do you always do biceps after back so you dont have to train as mucle volume, or sets, etc? or do you also train triceps at time after. Sorry for this long question.

Good luck!!

I get fatiqued from time to time. I usually rotate my training splits though, I will train 6 days a week and sometimes even 7 for as long as I can then I'll drop to 4 days a week training for 4-6 weeks. Sometimes I can train for 6 weeks sometimes I can train 16 without any problems, and sometimes I feel recovered in 2-3 weeks and sometimes its 6-10 weeks.

Sleep issues, I wouldn't necessary say that my sleep issues are due to my training and CNS. I am in the low 280s right now and I usually sleep on my side to get the best sleep. I have had issues sleeping ever since I been above 200lbs. I find the less water I'm carrying the better my sleep is. I have a mild case of sleep apnea, its not terrible but if I get very bloated it kicks in a bit more.

When training back it kind of varies, if I do deadlifts it takes alot of out of me so I will drop my volume 3-4 sets, but if not I'll usually hit my warm ups 2-3 sets and then probably a total of 15 sets after that. For biceps after back, I don't always train that way, but when I do you are correct I do less volume becaue they take a beating during the back training. Calves, I am about to start a different approach, I am going to try Nick Trigilis method he mentions in his thread about training them daily for 10 days then a few days off and back on them, I'll see how it goes.

Cool thanks! What's been new with you lately. Any drastic changes with the diet or training/cardio add ins. Good luck

Cool thanks! What's been new with you lately. Any drastic changes with the diet or training/cardio add ins. Good luck

Yes definately! Thanks for asking I was about to update people on whats been going on. So my original plans was to hit the Arnold in Brazil this year if given the invitiation but I was not selected. But however I am ok with that and disappointed in the least after seeing the competitors chosen as they are all way more established and been around much longer than me! So I have a new game plan in mind, but haven't made an accouncement just yet on it(nor am I fully certain of my decision). I have started contest prep as I will be hitting a few shows this spring so keep a lookout for shows around the same time frame! I will verify the shows as I get a bit closer to them and know I am 100% ready to make my mark!

Spotter

whats your opinion on fats and libido,alot of natural bodybuilders stat that they need to keep fats around .3 to .5 grams per bw and going lower greatly lowers libido.

Quote Originally Posted by tornquad2 View Post
    whats your opinion on fats and libido,alot of natural bodybuilders stat that they need to keep fats around .3 to .5 grams per bw and going lower greatly lowers libido.

I have no played around with it enough to give an educated answer to that question. I will say this though, I have dieted on a keto diet with alot of fat, and I've dieted on super super low fat and higher carbs. Both got me into contest shape. I prefer the carbs as I had a fuller and denser look. So that is the route that I use nowadays, very low fats and moderate to high carbs. Right now I'm eating 450g carbs a day and losing weight but my fats are at 40-50g. Now that being said, being as I've done both, I couldn't tell a difference at all with libido effects. When my body goes into full blown prep mode and my body gets below its comfortable bodyfat and getting into shape, my drive for just about everything is gone. I'll be honest, the last 4 weesk of a show I am even lazy going to the grocery store and libido is the last thing on my mind I am just focusing on getting to the show 100% and getting it done. So in my opinion, once the body becomes very very fatigued, regardless of the diet method, it will cause lower libido

Muscle Head

Justin whats your take on cups of coffee i normally drink 2-3 to get me through the day my job is demanding and with a baby it keeps me going. Also would you put artiicial sweetner in it or would you say a little sugar would be better.

Quote Originally Posted by S30NYL View Post
    Justin whats your take on cups of coffee i normally drink 2-3 to get me through the day my job is demanding and with a baby it keeps me going. Also would you put artiicial sweetner in it or would you say a little sugar would be better.

I personally never do any straight sugar on anything. Only time I do that would be a cheat meal of some sort. For coffee, I suppose it varies from person to person. Stimulants hang around awhile on me and make me not want to sleep at night. I would almost rather do without any stims and be tired all day and know I'm going to sleep is to feel energized and lay in the bed awake or tossing most of the night. When I drink coffee, which is very very seldom, usually around 3-4 weeks out because at that point my tank is on empty, I drink about a cup(8oz) pure plain black coffee, nothing added. I will do one soon as I wake up and then I'll do another one about 15 minutes prior to hitting the gym in the afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by justincompton View Post
    Hmmm. I can't really answer this question but I will say you might be on to something here. I usually use several packs of splenda/stevia/truvia or zero calorie sweetner per day, alongside with flavored zero cal waters and 1-2 diet sodas per day and I can say that I have noticed some gasto issues lately. I start my diet next weekend and I always pull out everything at that point from day 1 so we'll see how it goes, ask me about this again in 2-3 weeks and I'll give you a bit more feedback

Any updates?

If you are having gastro issues see a doctor (gastroenterologist) Why are you having issues. just naturally? Are you eating too much fiber? you dont want too much fiber. I think you should supplement with a Probiotic/Digestive Enzyme and L-glutamine this should aid you. I am no Justin Compton but I atleast read a lot about health science. Also try to incorporate Kefir or Cultured Probiotic yogurts. Good luck

Any updates?

Any updates?
    Actually things are alot better. Could be a couple different things, but I've noticed that I wasn't getting enough water. I was getting a gallon maybe alittle less and that just isnt' enough for a 270-280lb guy so now I am at 1.5g a gallon plus I cut all the artifical sweetners and junk and I am doing just fine. Just my personal expereince though.

If you are having gastro issues see a doctor (gastroenterologist) Why are you having issues. just naturally? Are you eating too much fiber? you dont want too much fiber. I think you should supplement with a Probiotic/Digestive Enzyme and L-glutamine this should aid you. I am no Justin Compton but I atleast read a lot about health science. Also try to incorporate Kefir or Cultured Probiotic yogurts. Good luck

Everything is moving now. If you see above post I have upped my water intake. I like to keep my fiber around 40-50g a day and I seem to do ok, anything more can cause me distress and achy stomach anything less seems to cause nothing to move

What were your problems before, just constipation?

Page 9 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast