Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 69 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Q & A with IFBB Pro, Justin Compton!

Default Q & A with IFBB Pro, Justin Compton!

Ask IFBB Pro, Justin Compton Questions Here:_________!

Unknown.jpeg

Justin, welcome to MD huge fan of yours brother. Can you give an example of a typical day eating for you 12 weeks out from a show? What do you think was the biggest contributing factor in your improvements over the past few years?

Hello MD members! I am happy to be here and give back to our bodybuilding community!

FLIP - 12 weeks out is usually when I start cutting things back on my diet. Every year it has been slightly different depending on how I am looking but this past prep at 12 weeks out I was eating about 6500-7000 calories. I don't remember the exact diet, but my food was very simply: oatmeal, brown rice, white rice, yams, red potatoes as my carb sources and I eat 90/10 ground beef(sometimes sirloin steak), chicken, and whey isolate as my protein and my fats come from oils at that time. I cut the fats back and switch over to my fish as I get closer to showtime but again, it all depends on how my body is responding!

TheYoungOx

Hey Justin, do you think food and certain exercises or wearing a belt will contribute to a smaller waist?

Thanks Justin.

Justin,
    When did you starting training for bodybuilding? For 25 years old you have the mass of a 15 year vet! Also do you have a coach/guru helping with your prep or do you typically do it on your own?

YoungOX - I rarely ever wear a belt, so I can't say that is an attritubing factor. As for food, everyone will respond differently on this. I feel food can definately distend the stomach if you are trying to force yourself to eat something that doesn't agree with your GI tract. I have played around with different foods long enough to know what works better for me than others. Example, I can handle some almonds here and there, but if I eat them daily, its not a good scene. However, cashews and peanut butter, great, no issues at all. If the stomach is distending then you may need to look into changing up the diet some.

Jmuscle - I started playing with weights when I was 15, giving me 10 years of "weight training". I started getting very serious with bodybuilding at 18 when I entereted into my first show. As for coaches, I have had various coaches over the years, all of which I have the upmost respect for as none of them has let me down, but at this current moment in time I am doing my own thing.

hello justin! what macros are you shooting for for off season and how much cardio are you doing? thanks bro..if you could give us a typical day with meals including supps would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by bill2 View Post
    hello justin! what macros are you shooting for for off season and how much cardio are you doing? thanks bro..if you could give us a typical day with meals including supps would be great!
    I feel the body is a creature of habit so it needs a constant change to keep moving in the proper direction. That being said, I am constantly manipulating my diet. I change it based on what it needs, wether the food needs to go up or not. Also, I don't like the idea of "macros" as too many people are falling into the "fitting their macros" plan when they need to focus on mircos IMO. My diet will change around every few days but to give you an example, here is todays plan

Meal 1: 6 whole eggs, 1.25c oats, 2/3c quinoa flakes, 5oz blueberries
    Meal 2: 8oz Turkey, 2.5c Brown Rice
    Meal 3: 5oz Bison, 1 whole wheat bun, 1.5c white rice, 1 cup kidney beans
    Meal 4: 50g Whey isolate, 3/4c cream of rice
    Meal 5: 5oz Beef, 14oz Yam
    Meal 6: 8oz Chicken, 17oz Yellow potato, 1 tablespoon mac nut oil
    Meal 7: 4oz Pork, 1c plain greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons almond butter

I also do pre and intra shakes as well

Tomorrow is LEG DAY, so all of this will change

justin why do you eat pork? srs question btw

i thought this was bad for anyone especially bb'ers
    The faggot list:

Silly <gaylord
    ViciousVagina forever buttfucking
    DLB < superman
    SWR < tranny
    Bogdi P the Romanian buttwarrior, loves lorenzo
    Rocky tranny fucker
    Noel fucker => can't help bray
    Lorenzo > likes Romanians up his butt
    ritch the swim bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxxx View Post
    justin why do you eat pork? srs question btw

i thought this was bad for anyone especially bb'ers
    I like to keep a variety of sources on all my food. This isn't a staple so to say in my diet. I always get the pork loin center cut though, the leanest I can get, and I will also do some hand trimming of the meat as well. Pork has always been a food I loved so in my offseason I incorporate it.

alright thanks! You looks great man amazing !
    The faggot list:

Silly <gaylord
    ViciousVagina forever buttfucking
    DLB < superman
    SWR < tranny
    Bogdi P the Romanian buttwarrior, loves lorenzo
    Rocky tranny fucker
    Noel fucker => can't help bray
    Lorenzo > likes Romanians up his butt
    ritch the swim bitch!

Quote Originally Posted by alexxxxx View Post
    alright thanks! You looks great man amazing !

Thanks Alex!

Hi Justin!

Can You tell ,whats in the pre and intra workout shake? And if you have carbs in the intrashake , do you using it when you dieting too? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Atisbody View Post
    Hi Justin!

Can You tell ,whats in the pre and intra workout shake? And if you have carbs in the intrashake , do you using it when you dieting too? Thanks!
    I usually have 50-70 carbs in each shake. I mix bcaa in them as well! As for dieting, I never drink a pre-shake, but I will do an intra shake for sure, but as I get closer to the show and putting the final touches on, I may have to drop it out depending on how sharp I am but I keep it in pretty close to showtime I feel it keeps me fuller

Justin, which training approach do you typically follow? Hiit,volume, etc

Quote Originally Posted by bigjon_1 View Post
    Justin, which training approach do you typically follow? Hiit,volume, etc
    For the most part, I like volume training. I like to push every rep, every set to the max once I am fully warmed up, but I do alot of volume, workouts sometimes lasting 90 minutes up to 2 hours on leg day. Seldomly, I will do a lower volume approach for a few weeks and focus on power and I feel really good in the gym and whatnot with it, but I am quite achy the next day so I try to toss this in just on the occassion rather than make it my normal style

Quote Originally Posted by justincompton View Post
    For the most part, I like volume training. I like to push every rep, every set to the max once I am fully warmed up, but I do alot of volume, workouts sometimes lasting 90 minutes up to 2 hours on leg day. Seldomly, I will do a lower volume approach for a few weeks and focus on power and I feel really good in the gym and whatnot with it, but I am quite achy the next day so I try to toss this in just on the occassion rather than make it my normal style

I like that you don't worry about power too much. I need to get this through my head. I'm a bodybuilder so the weight is a means of tension but the number doesn't matter. What would you attribute your significant physique improvements too? Seems like you constantly come in bigger and leaner

Page 1 of 69 123456789101151 ... LastLast