Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Food

Iron Addict

http://www.buzzfeed.com/melissaharri...mole%20burgers

Brace Yourself: McDonald’s Is Testing Guacamole Burgers

McDonald’s has announced they’re test-marketing a guacamole burger in Denver and the Carolinas.

The burger (burger-rito?) is topped with Hass avocado, pico de gallo, and white cheddar, and costs $4.79. It’s also available with grilled or crispy chicken.

Iron Addict

Americans try Filipino Fast Food

Iron Addict

http://www.thrillist.com/drink/natio...ock-full-onuts

We got a champion barista to rank the sub-par coffee your parents drink

For coffee aficionados, it can be hard to remember the days before fair-trade, adjective-heavy specialty coffee. But before Counter Culture, or even Starbucks, there were first-wave roasters peddling steel cans of grounds (gasp!), the likes of which are now only seen on visits to your parents' house.

So to see if any of these coffees are actually good to the last drop, we asked Lorenzo Perkins, certified coffee instructor at Cuvée and executive council member of the Barista Guild of America, to put five of the biggest coffee brands through the same rigorous blind-tasting process that his roasting company applies to their own beans.

"This is actually something I think all my colleagues should do. When you're only drinking specialty coffee, you lose that global perspective."

We pillaged the grocery coffee aisle and came away with five contenders: Folgers Classic Roast, Maxwell House French Roast, Chock full o'Nuts Original, Community Coffee Cafe Special, and Yuban.

5. MAXWELL HOUSE
    Aromas: Wet dog, burning
    Flavors: Fish oil, despair
    "What death tastes like."

4. YUBAN
    Aromas: Snickers bar, barn-y
    Flavors: Mineral oil, chocolate
    "This tastes better than it smells. It's a close call with Maxwell House, but this edged it out because I can actually swallow it. Bonus points for pleasant graphic design."

3. FOLGERS
    Aromas: Unhappy children, wet wool
    Flavors: Charred, wet cardboard, artificiality
    "It tastes as if someone sprayed coffee flavor onto coffee beans

2. CHOCK FULL O'NUTS
    Aromas: Burnt hair
    Flavors: Roasted Styrofoam, gamey
    "It's savory, kind of like you're eating wild boar meat that's about to turn. That said, this isn't that bad. I wouldn't return it if I was eating in a Denny's."

1. COMMUNITY COFFEE
    Aromas: Chocolate, honey, wet paper
    Flavors: Actual acidity, syrup-like sweetness, oh-sweet-surrender & mercy
    "That's coffee! This could pass for a low-grade specialty coffee."

CONCLUSION
    After the relentless tasting, Lorenzo poured himself a cup of Cuvée that he'd brewed several hours prior. He originally considered the batch foul by his normal standards, but after a few hours of cupping the big brands it took on an entirely new character: it was suddenly really, really good.

Although Lorenzo literally gagged several times during the test, and the rest of the staff remarked that the roastery smelled like a sewer lit on fire, by the end of the day he conceded that both Chock full 'oNuts and Community Coffee were not as gross as he expected and are actually deserving of some respect. The other grounds confirmed that most of the titans of first-wave coffee are truly washed up.

Iron Addict

Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese Sticks

http://dudefoods.com/bacon-wrapped-g...cheese-sticks/

I keep thinking that one day I’ll get sick of eating so much bacon, but amazingly it still hasn’t happened. In fact, as time goes by I only seem to be growing more and more fond of it as I keep incorporating it into more of my meals, which with how much I already eat doesn’t even seem like it should be possible.

Recently I came up with an idea to make some grilled cheese sticks, but after a quick Google search I found that tons of people have already made and written about that same exact thing. What I didn’t see though were any grilled cheese sticks that were wrapped in bacon!

Do you know what’s even better than how great these Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese Sticks taste? How easy they are to make! Then again, pretty much everything I make is easy because I have absolutely zero cooking experience whatsoever.

Alright, so you want to make your own Bacon Wrapped Grilled Cheese Sticks? Start off by frying up a couple grilled cheese sandwiches and then cutting each sandwich into for or five pieces. Then, wrap bacon strips around your grilled cheese sticks and to finish things off you can either drop them in a deep fryer for 45 seconds or so, or just put them on a baking sheet in your oven for 17 minutes at 375°.

I’m pretty sure I’ve yet to come across a food that isn’t better when it’s wrapped in bacon. It’s not only the addition of bacon that makes it good though, it’s the fact that as the grease drips from the bacon it’s usually soaked up by whatever it is that the bacon is wrapped around.

Iron Addict

http://laughingsquid.com/draft-beer-...y-jelly-beans/

The Jelly Belly Candy Company has created a new jelly bean flavor that tastes like a frosty glass full of tasty draft beer. The alcohol-free Draft Beer Jelly Belly jelly beans are available to purchase online from their official store.

Three years in the making, Jelly Belly launches Draft Beer Jelly Belly jelly beans. The world’s first beer flavor jelly bean is inspired by hefeweizen ale with an effervescent, clean, crisp and wheaty taste. Take a behind-the-scenes look at what goes into crafting this unique bean with members of the Jelly Belly flavor team (based in California, USA) and commentary from The Beeroness, Jackie Dodd. Alcohol-free, four calories per bean, OU Kosher. Also free from fat, gluten and gelatin. Vegetarian and made in a peanut-free facility.

Iron Addict

ANTOINE VAILLANT - SUPER AWESOME KITCHEN STUFF - NO FAKE NO BAKE FRUITY NUTTY BAR

Iron Addict

The 12 best French fries in Philly

http://www.thrillist.com/eat/philade...ries-in-philly

Iron Addict

http://www.thrillist.com/eat/los-ang...urger-and-more

The 9 most unbelievable new foods from the OC Fair

The best thing about the OC Fair isn't the janky rides run by dudes half your age who'll probably kill you -- that honor is instead reserved for the nine, new, mostly deep-fried things pictured below (which will also probably kill you). If you dare, they're all available from now until August 10th.

Bacon A-Fair's Cave Man Club
    This? This is only the GREATEST THING THAT'S EVER EXISTED. Yes, it is a smoked turkey leg, totally wrapped in bacon, and -- you guessed it -- deep-fried. If there was ever another, better thing that ever existed, it hasn't, so stop lying about it.

Iron Addict

Philly Cheesesteak Lasagna Recipe

http://www.thrillist.com/recipe/nati...illist-recipes

Time: 1 hour Yield: 1 (9-by-13-inch) pan

Ingredients:
    2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
    2 medium yellow onions, halved and sliced thin
    2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
    1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
    2 poblano peppers, sliced thin
    2 cubanelle peppers, sliced thin
    1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    12 wavy lasagna noodles
    2 pounds cooked roast beef, sliced thin
    12 slices sharp provolone
    1 (15-ounce) jar Cheez Whiz
    1 cup freshly grated aged provolone

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
    2. Heat a large Dutch oven or wok over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat until shimmering. Add onions and sauté until soft. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt over them and cook until they just start to brown, about 10 minutes. Add mushrooms, peppers, and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Turn heat to high and sauté for 8-10 minutes or until all the juices have released and evaporated. Turn off heat and stir in black pepper.
    3. Boil 2 quarts of water in a large pot and cook lasagna noodles for 4 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Toss with olive oil so the noodles don't stick together.
    4. Layer noodles side by side with edges overlapping in 9-by-13-inch baking pan. Stack 1 pound of roast beef evenly over the noodles. Lay 6 slices of provolone over the beef. Top with half of the mushroom-onion-pepper mixture. Spread half the Cheez Whiz on top. Repeat layers once more. To finish, spread out the remaining noodles and top with grated provolone.
    Bake for 30 minutes.
    5. Let this beast sit for 15 minutes before cutting into it.

Iron Addict

http://laughingsquid.com/hackthemenu...-n-out-burger/

#HackTheMenu is a handy collection of secret menus for fast food restaurants like Chipotle Mexican Grill and In-N-Out Burger. Not only does #HackTheMenu include the names and descriptions of such items, but it also specifically covers how to order products like the “Quesarito” that aren’t traditionally on the menu.

http://hackthemenu.com/

Iron Addict

In The Lab #6

Iron Addict

http://www.buzzfeed.com/deenashanker...%20must#w7qefp

29 Vegetarian Classics You Should Learn How To Cook

Iron Addict

http://www.buzzfeed.com/laurenzaser/...%20down#w7qefp

19 Fluffy And Delicious Pancake Recipes For Fall

Iron Addict

http://abc7.com/pets/worlds-tallest-...inches/353541/

World's tallest cow stands 6 feet 4 inches, hails from Illinois

ORANGEVILLE, Ill. --
    A 6-foot-4-inch bovine owned by an Illinois woman was recently dubbed the world's tallest cow.

Patty Hanson and Blosom the cow smiled for their official Guinness World Records photo shoot Monday.

Hanson received an email in mid-August stating Blossom had been named the world's tallest cow. She sought the record after veterinarians and the cow's foot trimmer constantly noted the 2,000-pound animal's large size, Hanson said.

At the end of May, family and friends began documenting Blosom's mass through photos and videos. Her official measurements were taken by a vet from Orangeville Animal Health Service.

"When I put Blosom's halter on, she knows it's time to go to work greeting people, and one of the best things I love about this big cow is she makes people smile. But now when I get to tell them they are looking at the world's tallest cow, I can't wait to see their reaction," Hanson said.

Hanson got Blosom when she was a calf and eventually decided to keep her as a pet. She turned 13 in July.

"My dad used to chuckle at Blosom, but soon softened up to her, which is why she stayed home on the farm as an addition to the many pets - she adds character," Hanson said.

Hanson said she wants to turn Blossom's story into a children's book someday.

"Blosom is a bit like an overgrown dog," Hanson said. "To people who have cows, they will get what I am saying, but I want other people to know she is special. I told my dad years ago that Blossom was destined for stardom, and with this record she has achieved that."

Blosom will be included in the 2016 edition of the "Guinness Book of World Records."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast