Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 60

Thread: Q & A with Team MD's Cody Montgomery!

  1. #1
    Administrator Nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    noisserped
    Posts
    17,616
    Gender
    Male

    Default Q & A with Team MD's Cody Montgomery!

    If you have a question for the 2x Teen Nationals champ - Leave it HERE


  2. #2
    2x Teen Nationals Champ cody_montgomery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    McKinney, Tx
    Posts
    34
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Thanks for starting the thread Nate! Happy to be a part of Team MD....ask aways guys!!

  3. #3
    Barbarian v117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    438
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Whats your diet, training split like in the off-season and contest prep.

  4. #4
    2x Teen Nationals Champ cody_montgomery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    McKinney, Tx
    Posts
    34
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by v117 View Post
    Whats your diet, training split like in the off-season and contest prep.
    My diet doesn't change greatly between off season and pre contest, just a lot more of pretty much the same foods. But in the offseason I tend to use denser foods such as pasta, some breads, greek yogurt and more red meat. I also usually eat more white fish pre contest and stay away from it for the most part in the offseason.

    As far as training, my split in the offseason may incorporate more rest days compared to pre contest. I tend to do a 6-1 or 3-1 split in the offseason and a 6-1 or even a 7 day a week training split during pre contest depending on how I look and feel.

  5. #5

    Default

    What are the amount of carbs you consume during you pre contest diet a day, and how much cardio do you do ?

  6. #6
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,478

    Default

    Cody is part of the Young Guns section in MD now, so you can also post your questions if you want to see them in the magazine.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

  7. #7
    2x Teen Nationals Champ cody_montgomery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    McKinney, Tx
    Posts
    34
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charles david View Post
    What are the amount of carbs you consume during you pre contest diet a day, and how much cardio do you do ?
    Both vary greatly depending on how I look as well as how far out I am from the show...Usually I'm around 1 to 1.5 hours cardio a day in the past. Carbs can be anywhere from 50-75 g all the way up to 400 g on some days.

  8. #8
    2x Teen Nationals Champ cody_montgomery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    McKinney, Tx
    Posts
    34
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Cody is part of the Young Guns section in MD now, so you can also post your questions if you want to see them in the magazine.
    Proud to be ! Ask away guys.. thanks Ron

  9. #9
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    79
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    As a young guy looking to fill your frame, do you have a plan on how to keep your gut distention minimal?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

  10. #10
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stupidity View Post
    As a young guy looking to fill your frame, do you have a plan on how to keep your gut distention minimal?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
    Safe to say going from a stage weight of 198 this year to 250 next year would give him a big old gut - and I am sure neither he nor Hany would let that happen.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

  11. #11
    2x Teen Nationals Champ cody_montgomery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    McKinney, Tx
    Posts
    34
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Safe to say going from a stage weight of 198 this year to 250 next year would give him a big old gut - and I am sure neither he nor Hany would let that happen.
    Ron is right here...

    As Hany has said to me and many others many times its a marathon and not a sprint.

  12. #12
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,478

    Default

    I have seen plenty of the 'sprinter' types burn out and fade away long before they ever accomplished much in the sport.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

  13. #13
    2x Teen Nationals Champ cody_montgomery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    McKinney, Tx
    Posts
    34
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Yes very true..

  14. #14
    Nobody
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    What will you recommend for building a back thickness, I am struggling to get the thickness I want, I mean I am gettig wider just not thicker...
    thx

  15. #15
    2x Teen Nationals Champ cody_montgomery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    McKinney, Tx
    Posts
    34
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanksun View Post
    What will you recommend for building a back thickness, I am struggling to get the thickness I want, I mean I am gettig wider just not thicker...
    thx
    Make sure you're really squeezing and try doing some negatives. More rows and lots of deadlifts/rack reads...this should help you thicken it up.

  16. #16
    Nobody
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cody_montgomery View Post
    Make sure you're really squeezing and try doing some negatives. More rows and lots of deadlifts/rack reads...this should help you thicken it up.
    Thank you, and I know it's abit late, but congrats on ur second win!
    P.s we hav the same b day

  17. #17
    Nobody
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Just another qs, does ur training routine differ during off season n prep? Thx

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •