Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Q & A with Team MD's Cody Montgomery!

Just saw your feature in the newest MD. Pretty awesome!

So you're using FST-7 now, what other training protocols have you experimented with?

2x Teen Nationals Champ cody_montgomery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hanksun View Post
    Just another qs, does ur training routine differ during off season n prep? Thx
    I switch it up and the amount of days i train changes too. Been doing mountain dog training since changing to that for 2012 Teen Nationals prep and have loved it. So i train anywhere from 4 to 7 days a week.

Quote Originally Posted by highplainsdrifter View Post
    Just saw your feature in the newest MD. Pretty awesome!

So you're using FST-7 now, what other training protocols have you experimented with?
    Thank you! Yes I used the fst-7 program last offseason and saw great gains working with Hany for that short time period. Ive been using John Meadows mountain dog training programs since starting it back during prep '12 for teen nationals...I like it a lot and seems my body never gets used to any of the workouts since they are all different every week

hey cody any updates on nutrition? can you post a daily meal by meal plan with amounts for off season now?

Quote Originally Posted by bill2 View Post
    hey cody any updates on nutrition? can you post a daily meal by meal plan with amounts for off season now?
    Yeah well into my offseason now...diet is pretty basic, portions vary. Carbs on my off days from gym are about half what they are on training day.
    Main sources of protein are: eggs, beef, chicken, greek yogurt, and whey isolate
    Main sources of carbs are: grits, oats, rice and potato as well as Evogen Nutrition Glycoject around training

Quote Originally Posted by cody_montgomery View Post
    Yeah well into my offseason now...diet is pretty basic, portions vary. Carbs on my off days from gym are about half what they are on training day.
    Main sources of protein are: eggs, beef, chicken, greek yogurt, and whey isolate
    Main sources of carbs are: grits, oats, rice and potato as well as Evogen Nutrition Glycoject around training
    thanks..whats your macros like right now cody?
    also it would be nice if you could post a daily meal plan of yours including sups?

Quote Originally Posted by bill2 View Post
    thanks..whats your macros like right now cody?
    also it would be nice if you could post a daily meal plan of yours including sups?
    A lot of food, seems like at least. But I'm still hungry lol

Use cell kem 2-3 times a day, evp 2 scoops pre workout, glycoject post workout and intra workout on leg days

Nobody

Which JM program are you on right now? I'm on Program 3 and it's been awesome haha

Cody, explain what is the mountain dog program. never heard of it. sounds new to me. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BBWW View Post
    Cody, explain what is the mountain dog program. never heard of it. sounds new to me. thanks
    That's way too much to ask him to describe in a post! John Meadows has a web site - www.mountaindogdiet.com
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    That's way too much to ask him to describe in a post! John Meadows has a web site - www.mountaindogdiet.com
    Thank you Ron...yeah it is far too much to describe in a simple post...

Keep asking questions if you guys have got any ! & Happy New Year

cody hey , hope you had a great Christmas with your family as well. happy new year to you. what do you think about the mtn dog - I mean in your own words. you don't have to write 25 pages to tell me , but just a brief summary. did it help you? how did you find out about it...etc.... that kind of thing. thanks.

cody happy new year man, just wondering, what do people in school think about your chosen sport? do you get support? or just blank stares?

Quote Originally Posted by BBWW View Post
    cody hey , hope you had a great Christmas with your family as well. happy new year to you. what do you think about the mtn dog - I mean in your own words. you don't have to write 25 pages to tell me , but just a brief summary. did it help you? how did you find out about it...etc.... that kind of thing. thanks.
    I did
    , hope you had a great christmas as well...in my own words I would describe mountain dog training as: different, to the point, very methodical and unorthodox. I say this in the sense that I've done many different training styles throughout my short bodybuilding career...not saying one is better than another but they are all based on a lot of volume. This training is the first in my personal opinion that mixes bodybuilding training with powerlifting and strength training...as well as longevity to your joints and very methodical which I like.

I will say that I don't think there is one certain way to train to grow or get shredded. But I do think you should change it up and always keep your body guessing. You can contact John thru his website mountain dog diet . com I believe, otherwise just google it.

Quote Originally Posted by sanatarj View Post
    cody happy new year man, just wondering, what do people in school think about your chosen sport? do you get support? or just blank stares?
    Thank you, happy new year to you as well. Hope 2014 is your best yet. As far as what people in my classes think its a mix, there are some with blank stares or just plain don't support bodybuilding...as well as those who respect me for what I do. I will say that in college compared to high school, people tend to care less about their classmates and more about actually learning which is nice.

hey Cody, thanks man. that make a lot of sense. that is great yea, change things up is a better way to keep your body guessing. one other thing......about entering the contest- how many times do you go a year? I am about to enter my first one in May. I would like to get my name out like the way you do and others too. Ex: I will enter in May, then how far apart do you train to enter the 2nd contest? I was just wondering what all the NPC's do such as you and others do? I know everyone is different. thanks and good luck in the spring semester. you can do it lol

Quote Originally Posted by cody_montgomery View Post
    Thank you, happy new year to you as well. Hope 2014 is your best yet. As far as what people in my classes think its a mix, there are some with blank stares or just plain don't support bodybuilding...as well as those who respect me for what I do. I will say that in college compared to high school, people tend to care less about their classmates and more about actually learning which is nice.
    THANKS MAN! YOUR A GREAT ADDITION TO TEAM MD! ALL THE BEST BROTHER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast