Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: PBW Presents: THE KAI FACTOR! - Can an "IMPROVED" Kai Become #14?

Default PBW Presents: THE KAI FACTOR! - Can an "IMPROVED" Kai Become #14?

This Week on PBW Radio:

THE KAI FACTOR! - Can an "IMPROVED" Kai Become #14? (Monday)

The 2013 Olympia Preview Series (Part 1)

For the 9th straight year, PBW presents the "Olympia Preview Series" a 3 part expanded event preview provided courtesy of the MD Store. - This week, during Part One, we'll examine the impact that Kai Greene will have on the way the contest is judged. Last year, the defending champ was forced to stand along side Kai for a dangerous series of head to head comparisons. Now, as Jay returns, The Kai Factor will create a new series of challenges as last year's runner-up looks to crash the "Phil & Jay" party and become the 14th man to win the title. -- Presented by the MD Store, the 298th edition of PBW Radio will be available Monday at 8pm ET.

In YOUR opinion, If Kai manages to improve, is he the best bodybuilder on the planet?

Listen at the PBW Listening Page - Courtesy of the MD Store! (8pm Monday)
    www.MuscularDevelopmentStore.com/pbw

For More info, visit www.BodybuildingRadio.com

...I think Kai could win the Olympia this year, definitely could...
    MD Muscle News Weekly Ep. 29- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfFHUMbUHI8

Yep, Most definitely. Looks really good and i can't imagine Phil looking better this year but we will see.
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!

Spotter

I can't wait to see that shit eatin' grin wiped of Chick's face as he has to announce Kai the winner. Bobert knows exactly what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Crazy to think that after all of these years and after all of the surprises that we have seen over the years.... that it is still an assumption that last year's 2nd place is a favourite to win .....!?

Kai does look phenomenal , no doubt , but this year's competition is wide open ...Phil isn't as dominant as everyone might think , as great as he is , and he is a very gifted bodybuilder.
    I am 110 % convinced that Jay is going to upset the apple cart , and I hope that Dennis Wolf can throw a spanner in the works as well........

Spotter

If Jay beats Phil, doesn't Kai beat Jay?

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew.S View Post
    Crazy to think that after all of these years and after all of the surprises that we have seen over the years.... that it is still an assumption that last year's 2nd place is a favourite to win .....!?

Kai does look phenomenal , no doubt , but this year's competition is wide open ...Phil isn't as dominant as everyone might think , as great as he is , and he is a very gifted bodybuilder.
    I am 110 % convinced that Jay is going to upset the apple cart , and I hope that Dennis Wolf can throw a spanner in the works as well........
    I guarantee Jay will not be first or second. 3rd at best.

First, Jay won't be in the mix come the final 3. Secondly, if Kai can keep the added size and rip it up, he could potentially beat Phil. Phil's main weapon is that he looks far bigger than he is. He always looks bigger than Kai even though Kai outweighs him considerably. I think both guys are great, but give Phil the solid edge for another victory.

Spotter

I think people have a short memory regarding Kai and Phil. Let's have a look...
    Arnold Classic 2008 is their first time competing against each other. Results: Phil 2nd, Kai 3rd....Kai skipped the O that year and Phil placed 3rd in his first Mr. O.

They next met up at the 2009 Mr. O. Results: Phil 5th, Kai 3rd.

Next was 2010 Arnold Classic Results: Kai 1st, Phil 2nd

The both did the Mr. O that year. Results: Phil 2nd, Kai 7th

Then 2011 Phil's first Olympia win. Results: Phil 1st Kai 3rd

Then 2012 Mr. O. Results: Phil 1st, Kai 2nd

(I didn't count the Sheru shows) No Mr. Olympia has ever lost a Grand Prix style show except Ronnie during the GNC in 02.

So there you have it. They've always been very close but the pendulum is swinging back the other way as Kai has slowly but surely, taken away some of Phil's strengths and corrected his weaknesses (flow to his physique, gut, and now in recent photos, shoulders and traps).

These two Kai and Phil are miles ahead of everyone else including Jay and Ramy. You can't take off almost two years at 40 years old and honestly believe or get anyone else to believe you're going to win. Not happening. Jay will get 3rd AT BEST. Ramy, he's big but lacks maturity and tie-ins to his physique. People will see from the back, Ramy will be destroyed on detail in the ham and calf areas and in the back double bi vs. Kai and Phil. The best Ramy will get is 5th. I don't think they'll let him beat Jay and I don't think he'll be better than Rhoden.

I think it'll go something like this for top 6.

1. Kai
    2. Phil
    3. Rhoden
    4. Jay
    5. Ramy
    6. Anyones guess

Spotter

Well if you were Weider (Lets face it IFBB=Weider Corp.) who would you want to win Kai or Phil? Point is if Kai is going to win he'll have beat Phil by a solid marjin. It can't be close or Phil wins again.

Have seen alot of shows and one thing I know about this sport is it's almost or par with pro wrestling as to outcomes...sadly.

EDIT: Nothing personal against Kai but from a marketing point of view Phil is far and I mean FAR more marketable then Kai.
    Last edited by zeny; September 5th, 2013 at 03:47 PM.

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by zeny View Post
    Well if you were Weider (Lets face it IFBB=Weider Corp.) who would you want to win Kai or Phil? Point is if Kai is going to win he'll have beat Phil by a solid marjin. It can't be close or Phil wins again.

Have seen alot of shows and one thing I know about this sport is it's almost or par with pro wrestling as to outcomes...sadly.

EDIT: Nothing personal against Kai but from a marketing point of view Phil is far and I mean FAR more marketable then Kai.
    Apples and oranges. What has Phil done for bodybuilding? Seriously? Besides bragging about his cars and playing Xbox. Worst ambassador for bb ever, however his physique is just above and beyond. I'm rooting for Jay to take the fifth!

It's worth mentioning that the "defending" champion at the Olympia has been DEFEATED in 4 of the last 7 years. -- Ronnie lost in 2006. Jay lost in 2008. Dexter lost in 2009. Jay lost in 2011. -- So I suppose anything is possible.

That is complete and total bullshit Kai is very marketable. Phil is a smug SOB who thinks that he is entitled to be Mr Olympia. I hope Kai wins but at the end of the day...As long as the title goes home with someone other than PHIL it's a win for everyone.

Kai will NEVER be Mr. O even if he deserves it. His past and interesting personality take him out of the mix for political reasons. If you think I'm off base please show me the "boner in fruit" and G4P pics and videos of any of the last 5 Mr. O's.

Ramy is out. Oil and language problems.

Phil and Jay ARE the show this year and I'm guessing they will be until a suitable replacement for Jay is available.

Consider just enjoying watching to see which freak of nature had his head in the game this year. The mental game and ability to suffer is second to none in the guys that come to the stage dialed in.
    N on your C bitch!

Nobody

No matter what kai has brought alot to the world of bodybuilding.

Nobody

I cannot believe other Mr O's havent done anything scandalous before. Anyone know any dark facts about past winners?

Kai has improved tremendously from last year unlike Phil and I have a feeling Kai will win it this month mark my words everyone shall see.
    J!E!T!S! JETS!JETS!JETS! Robby & Felicia

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast