Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PBW with DEXTER: Talkin' Marriage, Retirement, Record Books & Outlasting his Rivals! Listen Now

Default PBW with DEXTER: Talkin' Marriage, Retirement, Record Books & Outlasting his Rivals! Listen Now

This Week on PBW Radio:

Nearly 44 Yrs Old - How is Dexter STILL Among the World's Best? (Monday)

One of the oldest athletes competing today....and he's also one of THE BEST!

While the rest of the world searches for the Fountain of Youth, Dexter Jackson has apparently found it! His pro career began nearly 15 years ago, and along the way he has competed in more than 60 professional events, winning 18 times, including a Sandow Trophy to go with a record 4 Arnold Classic titles. While several of his peers have faded into retirement, Dexter continues to bolster his resume' and solidify his status as one of the greatest of all time. -- This week, Dexter visits PBW to share a few "secrets", answer YOUR questions, and tell us how much longer he plans to teach these "kids" a lesson! -- Presented by the MD Store, this episode of PBW Radio will be available Monday at 8pm ET.

Got Questions for Dexter? Post Them Here!

Available Monday at the "PBW Listening Page" - Courtesy of the MD Store! (8pm Monday)
    www.MuscularDevelopmentStore.com/pbw

For More info, visit www.BodybuildingRadio.com

gotta love Dex

Banned

He has remained injury free through VERY smart training and knowing his body's limits.

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinBB View Post
    He has remained injury free through VERY smart training and knowing his body's limits.
    This ^^^^
    We're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy...

Banned

When I was signed with Muscletech and visited their headquarters, there was talk about how Dexter never wanted to use very heavy weights for photoshoots while he was in contest shape. Some people thought he was being a diva but the guy obviously knows what he's doing and knew very well that the heavy weights in a worn down pre-contest state was NOT good for his body.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

When I was signed with Muscletech and visited their headquarters, there was talk about how Dexter never wanted to use very heavy weights for photoshoots while he was in contest shape. Some people thought he was being a diva but the guy obviously knows what he's doing and knew very well that the heavy weights in a worn down pre-contest state was NOT good for his body.
    Fux and Orville Burke should have followed that policy
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Exactly. He didn't want to end up like Jean Pierre Fux.

Met Dex at Outback in New Port Richey, Fl about 5 weeks before the 09 Olympia. He was eating with Joe McNeal. Made me look like a BW next to him
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

I was just thinking earlier this week that PBW should have dexter back on the show to discuss his continuing success at this age and after all these years. I first became aware of dexter when I bought the January 2004 edition of Flex magazine. I wanted to see the 2003 olympia report and when i saw dexter's pictures (he placed 3rd in the olympia that year) i immediately became a fan. He had, and still has, what I consider to be the ideal bodybuilding physique for this era. So happy to see him still doing so well. He's a huge inspiration to me not only in bodybuilding but in my personal life as well. I have his Blade 2k/2k7 video and i was so impressed to see how disciplined and detail oriented Dex seemed to be in his personal life.

Dan: Please suggest to Dexter to make one final video.....chronicling his preparation for his very last olympia appearance, whenever he decides to compete for the last time.

I still say it was crazy disrespect when they put Dexter in 3rd when he was going for his 2nd Olympia title in 2009. He looked great, as good as the year before, and they treated him like crap putting him in 3rd
    Rob
    I build websites for bodybuilders, fitness/figure, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Met Dex at Outback in New Port Richey, Fl about 5 weeks before the 09 Olympia. He was eating with Joe McNeal. Made me look like a BW next to him
    if dex is 5.6:how tall are you?

CEO Prime Nutrition/Blackstone Labs AaronSingerman's Avatar

Looking forward to the show!
    Come visit www.redcon1.com

Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    if dex is 5.6:how tall are you?
    5'6
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

one of the greatest of all time. also his side chest is fucking beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    lucky as fuck lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajthemeso View Post
    also his side chest is fucking beautiful.
    Agree. Better than anyone's on the O stage... including Phil's

I can't wait to hear this!

You wanna know how? Ill tell you how....This is how...

44 years old is not old.. Thats why.. If anyone thinks that 44 years old is old then wow.. 44 years old is not old... 9 trilliion years old is what you call old... NOT 44 years old..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast