Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Tijuana Pro/Mexican Nationals Play-by-Play!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by heath v View Post
    Thanks for the great pictures and play by play. Congratulations to Dexter on his win, even though he wasn't as sharp he still looked great.

Lol at young nuts..

Oh and what's up with what's his name having shredded glutes but a back that was smooth and showed very little detail?
    thanks a lot man! It was a great time. Yeah, Martin looked good everywhere other than his upper back. Lots of guys lean out unevenly including myself and you can't look at your best body part and let that be the way you judge your conditioning. You have to diet until your WORST body part is shredded. Definitely and improvement from a few weeks ago though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jude2 View Post
    I told muscle guy that Matin had ripped ass and smooth back. The pics are the proof.
    Its definitely odd to see how shredded one body part can be in comparison to others. He was pretty ripped everywhere other than his upper back. It wasn't just his butt that was lean, but that thing was shredded!!!

Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinBB View Post
    Its definitely odd to see how shredded one body part can be in comparison to others. He was pretty ripped everywhere other than his upper back. It wasn't just his butt that was lean, but that thing was shredded!!!
    I thought it was a good showing from Martin.....the guy is 42 years old so no spring chicken. He just need to work on getting that upper back in condition to match the rest.

I have to say, it's so hard to judge bikini! People complain about bodybuilding, but at least size, shape and symmetry give you some pretty clear criteria to work on. With bikini it just seems so subjective. That said, Crystal looked a more than worthy winner

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jags93 View Post
    I thought it was a good showing from Martin.....the guy is 42 years old so no spring chicken. He just need to work on getting that upper back in condition to match the rest.

I have to say, it's so hard to judge bikini! People complain about bodybuilding, but at least size, shape and symmetry give you some pretty clear criteria to work on. With bikini it just seems so subjective. That said, Crystal looked a more than worthy winner
    Bikini is EXTREMELY difficult to judge. Deciding what's too muscular, too skinny, too soft, too lean, stage presence....it's makes it all very difficult to be consistent with what set of criteria the judges are looking for. I think a lot of it has to do with who you're against THAT day. Dayna Maleton was a favorite coming in but dropped to 3rd because she was too hard. I don't think she was too hard but the rest of the lineup for the most part had a softer look so HERE she may have appeared too lean, but of course it's all relative. On top of that Crystal and Jessica are both very tall and have a longer, leaner(not in the conditions sense) look than Dayna so being a shorter girl could've hurt her as well. The top 6 were VERY good. I really likes Belinda and Ashriel's looks as well and the new girl Edna really held here own. I judge at a local level and it can be tough there...it's easy to bitch about the judges but these bikini divisions aren't easy. As far as politics, Crystal works with Kim Oddo so that helps, but so did girls who placed lower so I'm gonna say yet didn't play a role here at all.

Wisconsin spilled his drink all over the scorecards...

I know upper and lower back appeared smooth everything else lean and ass was shredded. Never seen that before.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Wisconsin spilled his drink all over the scorecards...
    Too much tequila!!!

Freak of Nature

With Luis the promoter this morning. He is a great promoter and great person as is is family and crew. Trip was first class, star treatment for us all from start to finish. We were ushered across the borders both ways in expedited fashion and provided whatever assistance we needed to provide to provide unfettered first rate coverage.

Currently processing more videos of the show at the airport so that fans and the competitors can enjoy for years to come.

Freak of Nature

Dexter Jackson Posing Routine 2013 Tijuana Pro Show

Freak of Nature

Martin Kjellstrom Posing Routine 2013 Tijuana Pro Show

Freak of Nature

Grigori Atoyan Posing Routine Tijuana Pro Show 2013

Freak of Nature

Manuel Lomeli Posing Routine Tijuana Pro Show 2013

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by jags93 View Post

Your comments strike a chord with me as Martin is indeed looking awesome for a guy 42 or any age for that matter. Can there be improvements? Maybe he can make such improvements, but regardless it doesn't take away from his showing or the admiration of a ton of fans around the world and this weekend at the show in Mexico. The side stories from getting to spend time with these athletes are in many ways as important in my view relative to what we do in the media as whether or not he or any other athlete can make changes sufficient to be judged #1 or #16 in a lineup.
    Crystal pulled out a win in a lineup of a ton of talented women that all brought something a little different to the table. As David and I found out from our communications with each and everyone one of them they developed their physiques in different ways and presentations are likewise varied from who they trained with to suit design and hair and makeup variables and how much sleep they were able to get and stress levels associated with changed flights, delays, etc, etc.
    In talking with Crystal on the shuttle back across the border this morning she noted she is much more comfortable doing photoshoots than on stage. It shows. She lights up when on camera with all her component parts held together with an engaging presence with her eyes and expression. She is a hairdresser among many other things and did her own and it was even a purposeful plan to have her hair at that length not long with extensions, which seemed to have played well not covering too much of the back as some girls do with long hair to cover flaws or small boobage. It is that level of complexity that all these individual athletes are tweaking and trying to get it right. Cudos to the lot of them.

Just had some little local kid that's a boxer do a guest posing! Pretty fun stuff! The crowd loved it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gotta support the kids.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rich2020 View Post
    Gotta support the kids.
    Kid couldn't have been more than 12 years old so a 6 pack is pretty impressive!

Banned

So I had someone inform me of some negativity on the other site about my use of an iphone for a play by play, implying that it was low dollar coverage or something of the like. Here's how this whole thing played out. This was a small show, so MD sent a small crew...just John and I. They weren't going to send a crew of 4 or 5 to Mexico to cover a show with only 5 guys in it...that's just how it is. Normally at the national level shows or the bigger IFBB shows we have more than one photographer and multiple people tagging photos so we can get the professional stage shots done and get pre judging and finals pics up as they are happening AND we have people their giving their play by play analysis and descriptions of whats going on. THAT is how we bring you the coverage we normally do. Again, this was a smaller show so things were different. It was John's job to do the professional shots, meaning he couldn't get them uploaded right away in real time. That leaves me to do the play by play. Now I had my fancy laptop there and very easily could've done in depth descriptions of everything I was seeing and cover things like I normally do. Had I done that though everyone would've had to have waited until AFTER the show to get pictures. Normally I wouldn't consider even taking stage shots with a phone, but I have a brand new Iphone 5S and with the way things were set up, I was able to get set up 2 feet behind the judges table, just left of center...which was only a few feet away from the stage. It was a last minute decision for me friday night at mexican nationals to get real time pictures up instead of doing a standard play by play, but I figured I'd be close enough to the stage to get decent quality shots and if I can upload them instantly, why not show you guys what people look like instead of just telling you.....for our live coverage, it could only be one or the other.

ANYHOW, despite the smaller numbers in the show, promoter Luis Ramirez did an incredible job this weekend! Not gonna lie...I was a little worried about heading to Tijuana but the hotel was great and had its own stores, restaurant and even a nice club right inside! The contests themselves were held in the huge ballrooms in the hotel so we didn't have to leave for that either. The hotel was in a nice area with great restaurants and stores all within walking distance and the people down there, especially the people working with Luis to put on the show showed John and I and all the athletes nothing but incredible hospitality! The Mexican fans were great as well...they LOVE bodybuilding and treated all the athletes like rock stars!!! I'm VERY much looking forward to heading back next year!!!

Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233 LastLast