Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Elf's Testosterone Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by treed View Post
    what is your plan for competing?
    local show?

I would like to go as far as I can in BBing. I'm just going to do a local show or two in 2014, though, and see where I want to go from there.

how long after this cycle will you compete?
    what is your plan for pre contest cycle?
    etc...

I really don't know. I know enough to start on offseason cycle, and probably enough to do contest prep, but I'm just not sure what my contest cycle will look like yet. I'm planning on getting two cycles in and inquiring a lot about contest prepping before getting into contest dieting/cycling. I'll probably be hitting up shows around July/August time next year.

5'7 @190 is pretty solid for starting out, body building is definetly better for shorter guys. you should do well.

Thank you.

how long did you train before you first competition?

I've been in the gym since I was 16. My first show was 2 months after turning 18. My contest diet was only 8-9 weeks long, and I had no clue what I was doing. I restricted myself to 800 calories the last 2 weeks, for instance. I was 5'7" at 150lbs.

overall how long have you been weight training for body building?
    (body building training is much different from training for football, gym rat etc...)

Since I was 16. I quit sports because I would rather be doing bodybuilding training then athletic training nonsense.

last question.
    are you pinning 2 times per week and how are you splitting up the dbol?

I will be pinning every Sunday. Considering the active life of Enthanate is a little over 10 days, I don't think I'll need to pin twice a week. As for the Dbol, I'm doing 20mg's upon waking (7:00am) and then pre-workout (6:30pm). That spaces them out pretty well, considering their active life (6-8hrs) is relatively short.
    Answers in bold.

Man i'm not gonna harp on this to much but i think you should train natural a couple more years. think you could pack on another 10-20 pounds naturally. Your young and have a good base to work with and natural muscle will tend to stick with you better than aas enhanced muscle. That being said if you do decide to do this remember your first cycle [done correctly] will be your best . Good luck either way you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by D MATT View Post
    Man i'm not gonna harp on this to much but i think you should train natural a couple more years. think you could pack on another 10-20 pounds naturally. Your young and have a good base to work with and natural muscle will tend to stick with you better than aas enhanced muscle. That being said if you do decide to do this remember your first cycle [done correctly] will be your best . Good luck either way you decide.
    I'm very sure I could pack a lot more on naturally. You're right. But I'm almost 22, and finally have the time to get this started. I'm not getting any younger and I want to compete in a competitive class. I really do appreciate the warning, though. I'd be telling me the same thing if I were you.

even with long esters you should pin as often as possable.... enth/cyp should be done 2xmin wk... 3 would be better. the more you pin the less blood level fluctuation you will have which will lead to less sides. as got the dbol, theres 2 thought processes on using it... 1st. is dose it 4 x ed. 2nd is to use it all pre-workout 1-1.5 beofre the workout. run it how you like but for bb usage i would say to dose it 4x ed (again to keep levels level).

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    My name, as far as you're concerned, is Elf. I am 21 years old and a natural competitive bodybuilder. I have been competing since I was 18 years old. I am 5'7" and about 190lbs @ 15(ish)% BF. I took about a year off of lifting and dieting. I have been back at it for a little over 5 months now, natural. After a conversation with a few bodybuilding friends, I decided to compete again - this time, with the big boys. After much rumination, I have decided to purchase 10 10mL bottles of Test Enthanate and some ancillary products as well. The cycle will be started as soon as I receive my order, which should be arriving in a few days. Until then I'll be posting workouts sans-drugs.

My cycle will look like the following:

• Test Enth: 500ew/500ew/500ew/500ew/500ew/500ew/500ew/500ew/500ew
    • Dianabol: 40ed/40ed/40ed/40ed
    • Nolvadex: 40ed/40ed/20ed/20ed
    • (I may also throw in some Dianabol in the 2-3 week bridge between the end of my cycle and the beginning of the Nolvadex.)

My lifting schedule is a 5 day a week, high volume, high weight routine:

• Legs
    • Chest
    • Shoulders
    • Back
    • Arms
    • Rest
    • Rest

My diet consists of the following. My first meal is typically a large sandwich with 9oz. fresh deli meat and a few tablespoons of Olive Oil Mayonnaise on Potato Bread and a glass of almond milk. The rest of my meals are 10oz. chicken/fish/steak/turkey with 1.5 Cups of white rice or potatoes. I throw in 1 Cup of veggies in every meal and a glass of almond milk. I intake about 3,600 calories a day. For snacks I eat Tuna or Sardines or Iso-Pure protein shakes. During the cycle I plan on upping my intake to 4,000 calories.

Extra Supplements:
    Iso-Pure Protein Powder
    Fitness Pro Multi Vitamin

I will be posting updates on my general well-being, every workout, some meals and, of course, progress pictures. I will have before pictures up sometime this week or next.

Any help or criticism is welcomed. I have thick skin and a very broad back. Bring it on.
    I just want to say thank you for posting a common sense cycle. It's getting old with people getting on here running everything under the sun with a whopping 6 months of lifting experience under their belt

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by USEALITTLE View Post
    even with long esters you should pin as often as possable.... enth/cyp should be done 2xmin wk... 3 would be better. the more you pin the less blood level fluctuation you will have which will lead to less sides. as got the dbol, theres 2 thought processes on using it... 1st. is dose it 4 x ed. 2nd is to use it all pre-workout 1-1.5 beofre the workout. run it how you like but for bb usage i would say to dose it 4x ed (again to keep levels level).
    That makes a lot of sense. Thank you for the input. I seriously appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourlastchance89 View Post
    I just want to say thank you for posting a common sense cycle. It's getting old with people getting on here running everything under the sun with a whopping 6 months of lifting experience under their belt

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    I've read through a few journals here and I know what you mean. I'm sure I'll disappoint you at some point though, so don't thank me too much.

Chest: 11/21/2013

DB Flat Chest Press:
    45lbs x Warmup
    55lbs x Warmup
    70lbs x 15
    80lbs x10
    100lbs x 6

Smith Machine Incline Chest Press:
    135lbs x Warmup
    185lbs x Warmup
    205lbs x 8
    225lbs x 6

DB Decline Flies:
    15lbs x Warmup
    25lbs x 12
    35lbs x 12
    *Dropset* 15lbs x Burnout

Machine Chest Press:
    3 sets - All of which to failure.

I got a very strong pump today. I had some tightness and stress on my left pec/shoulder, though. Not too worried about it. I haven't felt this strong in a while. I could have easily done more weight on the Smith Machine Incline Presses. After the workout I ate chicken/egg/black bean pasta. Tomorrow is back day.

Any reason your only doin 2heavy sets?

I would ad another heavy set or a pump set with 12-20 reps < then you will feel real pumped.

Any reason your only doin 2heavy sets?

I would ad another heavy set or a pump set with 12-20 reps < then you will feel real pumped.
    I felt some tightness in my left shoulder throughout the workout. I've slightly hurt it once before. I was just being precautionary. I typically do 2 heavy sets to finish off an exercise or 1 heavy set followed by a dropset.

Back: 11/22/2013

Lat Pull-Downs:
    100lbs x Warmup
    140lbs x 15
    180lbs x 12
    200lbs x 8
    *Dropset* 100lbs x Burnout

Deadlift: [I was extremely light-headed after this exercise.]
    135lbs x Warmup
    225lbs x Warmup
    315lbs x 6
    315lbs x 6
    135lbs x 50(ish)

V-Bar Machine Rows:
    100lbs x Warmup
    140lbs x 15
    180lbs x 10
    *Dropset* 90lbs x Burnout

Rear Delt Lateral Raises:
    15lbs x 15
    20lbs x 12
    25lbs x 8

One-Handed Machine Rear Delt Pull-Ins:
    3 sets x Failure on each set

After the workout I hung on the pull-up bar with 45lbs strapped on myself. I had some more tightness in my left shoulder throughout the deadlifts, and the stretching helped mitigate it a bit. My chest is sore to the touch. All in all, it was a very good workout. I haven't deadlifted from the ground in almost a year - I've stuck to rack pulls only. It's good to pull decent weight off of the floor again.

After the gym I had 8oz of Turkey w/ Green Beans and a Potato w/ a glass of Almond Milk.

Arms: 11/23/2013

This one was cut short. I had family come in from out of town for a week early Turkey Day.

Skullcrushers: [The EZ bar weighs 25lbs]
    45lbs x Warmup
    55lbs x 12
    65lbs x10
    75lbs x8
    *Dropset* 55lbs x Burnout

DB Preacher Curls:
    20lbs x Warmup
    25lbs x12
    30lbs x10
    35lbs x8
    *Dropset* 20lbs X Burnout

Rope Triceps Extensions:
    60lbs x Warmup
    80lbs x12
    90lbs x10
    100lbs x8
    *Dropset* 80lbs x Burnout

DB Hammer Curls:
    45lbs x 15
    50lbs x 12
    60lbs x6

Rope Hammer Curls:
    80lbs x 6
    100lbs x4
    *Dropset* 60lbs x Burnout

Dips:
    Bodyweight x Burnout

After which I ate a lot of turkey, stuffing, pie, etc.

I received Part 1 of my parcels today: Syringes and Needles and Alcohol wipes. The good stuff is scheduled to be here tomorrow, or, at latest, the day after.

Legs:
    11/25/2013

BB squats:
    135lbs x Warmup
    225lbs x 15
    315lbs x 6
    315lbs x 5
    *Dropset* 135lbs x Burnout

Leg Sled: [1 Plate = 1 Plate of each side; 2 Plates = 2 Plates on each side; etc.]
    1 Plate x Warmup
    3 Plates x 20
    5 Plates x 12
    *Dropset* 3 Plates x 25ish

Seated Hamstring Curls:
    4 sets x 8-20

Seated Quad Extentions:
    4 sets x 8-20

Step-Ups:
    Bodyweight + 50lbs x 10
    Bodyweight + 50lbs x 10
    Bodyweight + 50lbs x 10

After which I foam rolled for 15 minutes and stretched. I haven't back squatted that much weight for that many reps in quite a while. I've been sticking to the leg sled as my primary leg exercise. It feels good to be under the bar in the rack again.

I ate 8oz. of Turkey w/ Half a Cup of Mashed Potatoes and some Green Beans w/ a glass of Almond Milk.

Chest: 11/26/2013

Flat DB Chest Press:
    45lbs x Warmup
    60lbs x Warmup
    80lbs x 12
    100lbs x 6
    *Dropset* 60lbs x Burnout

Seated DB Biceps Curls: [I was waiting for the Smith Machine and threw some of these in the workout.]
    15lbs x Warmup
    20lbs x 15
    25lbs x 15
    35lbs x 12
    *Dropset* 20lbs x Burnout

Smith Machine Decline Chest Press:
    135lbs x Warmup
    225lbs x Warmup
    255lbs x 6 (Could have gotten a few more)
    275lbs x 5

Incline DB Flies:
    25lbs x Warmup
    35lbs x 15
    45lbs x 12
    *Dropset* 25lbs x Burnout

Bodyweight Dips:
    1 set x 12-15 reps

Machine Chest Press:
    3 sets x 10-15
    *Dropset* x Burnout

After which I ate a Can of Sardines and Mashed Potatoes w/ 3 cooked Eggs and a Glass of Almond Milk.

Overall, I felt good today. My left shoulder didn't give me any issues whatsoever. Tomorrow is probably going to be a day off. My legs are already killing me from yesterday's workout, and I'm sure my shoulders will be shot from today's.

My parcel was held up but released from customs yesterday morning. So, I should be receiving it within the next 48 hours. I'm very excited.

How often are you going to be weighing yourself?

How often are you going to be weighing yourself?

I'll have a beginning weight the day I pin and a final weight the last day of pinning and the last day of PCT, and probably a weigh-in in between. My weight is not particularly germane to my goals at the moment.

I'm about 185 in the mornings now.

Cardio: 11/27/2013

Treadmill:
    15 Minutes - Heart Rate @ 145-160bpm

Elliptical:
    10 Minutes - Heart Rate @ 160-170bpm
    *Cool Down* 5 Minutes - Heart Rate @ 120bpm

Bodyweight Lunges:
    2 sets of 40

After which I foam rolled for about 10 minutes and stretched. I like to throw in a decently intense cardio session once or twice a month when off-season.

This just in: Received my last parcel containing all of the good stuff. Today is Christmas.

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast