Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Make windows cool

Digitalfx3

Default Make windows cool

It seems that nobody really likes vista but everyone likes the way it looks...it is clean and fresh looking...but who said you can jazz up xp

check some of my screen shots.

This is done with window blinds

what ya guys/gals think?
    Attached Images Attached Images

KOOL
    Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalfx3 View Post
    It seems that nobody really likes vista but everyone likes the way it looks...it is clean and fresh looking...but who said you can jazz up xp

check some of my screen shots.

This is done with window blinds

what ya guys/gals think?
    Do you find any stability/speed issues with it? Love the fresh look of Vista and like the widgets on the side, a few are quite useful. This would make sticking with XP on a new system not quite so painful. I've done this same thing with my (original) Xbox, custom backgrounds, MP3 player, photo sideshow etc and it definitely adds a nice touch over the outdated original dashboard.

Quote Originally Posted by onemorerep View Post
    Do you find any stability/speed issues with it?
    That's the only reason I don't use it... I am affraid it will bog me down. I like Yahoo widgets though...

Does Blinds impact your stability/speed? I know you got two raptors in RAID and top AMD proc... but either way, do you notice too much background stumbling...

I've been using vista for the last 6 months and TBH I won't go back to XP, XP was just as unstable even with SP2 and all the other patches.

The only Issue I have with regards to vista is that my graphics card freezes the comp sometimes when I play games full screen, hardly an issue though as I rarely play games on the Pc anyway.

David, can't you disable the new GUI if you have an old graphics card? Or one without enough video ram...

Digitalfx3

I dont notice any differance in performance or stability @ all runs just like xp but with a fresh look and the screen shots where taken with my laptop
    it is only a Pentium M 780 1.73ghz 1 gb of ram and intel express video.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    David, can't you disable the new GUI if you have an old graphics card? Or one without enough video ram...
    Done that, but it's generally when playing games, the nvidia drivers for vista are poor TBH

Banned

buy a ps3. powerful then a laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by LATINO_HEAT View Post
    buy a ps3. powerful then a laptop.
    Bet it does a great job running Photoshop too eh?