Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: "Comeback in progress!"

Default "Comeback in progress!"

Just wanted to drop in since I'm new to this board and let everyone know a little about myself. I competed successfully throughout the 90's but due to family obligations, I had to take a break of 8 years from competition. I targeted this year as my "comeback" year and here are the results to date:
    On June 23rd I enterd the West Palm Beach Championships and won the Over 50, Master's Overall, Open Middleweight , and Open Overall !
    On July 14th I entered the Southern States Bodybuilding Championships and won the Over 50 Lightweight and the Over 50 Overall.
    I am now training for the NABBA Nationals and am 2 weeks out this Saturday..... My avatar is a shot that was taken at the West Palm Beach contest.
    My "comeback" year has gone extremely well, and at 51, I am in the best shape of my life!
    My ultimate goal for the near future is to enter the NPC Master's Nationals next July in Pittsburgh, and go for that Pro Card for taking the Over 50 Overall title.
    I'd be more than happy to try and help with any questions that other Master's competitors may have.

Keith

Congratulations on your comeback! Best of luck at nationals in two weeks.

Keith,welcome to the board bro..........great having you over here!
    Strictly Business

Welcome to the Board, Keith.

You are very welcome here. You have a lot of expertise to share and I know you will be asked a lot of questions.

Good luck at the NABBA.

Thanks for the welcome, guys....it's nice to see so many familiar faces!

Keith

Welcome Keith,
    this is a great board here,what am i saying,"This is the best board on the internet"!!!!
    Welcome!

Beach Body

Great to see you here, Keith. The show is yours for the taking! Good luck, brother!

God I need your drive...My only problem is what do i want to weigh...I'm 6', 55 yrs old and weigh 253 lbs as of today..B/F is probably aound 18%..

I guess i have that ego thing going..I currently have 19" arms cold but know that every 20 lbs I loose I drop 1" of them...This disturbs me to no end.. I just can't see me at 190Lbs shredded and 16" arms

About 2 yrs ago I got down to 220 lbs @ 12% B/F..Arms where 17.5" and no one even noticed that I lifted weights..Sure people said I look good but fuck that, a guy 6" tall and 175lbs looks good...I couldn't stand it and now people notice me and say for an older guy your arms are twice mine maybe you should lift more weights.

Note:...My size right now probably helps me here in Baja, Ca as I it seems to stop a lot of the mexican riff raft from fucking with me or my wife..
    Last edited by Tough Old Man; September 24th, 2007 at 09:07 PM.
    I'm old and cocky and don't give a shit what you think about me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tough Old Man View Post
    God I need your drive...My only problem is what do i want to weigh...I'm 6', 55 yrs old and weigh 253 lbs as of today..B/F is probably aound 18%..

I guess i have that ego thing going..I currently have 19" arms cold but know that every 20 lbs I loose I drop 1" of them...This disturbs me to no end.. I just can't see me at 190Lbs shredded and 16" arms

About 2 yrs ago I got down to 220 lbs @ 12% B/F..Arms where 17.5" and no one even noticed that I lifted weights..Sure people said I look good but fuck that, a guy 6" tall and 175lbs looks good...I couldn't stand it and now people notice me and say for an older guy your arms are twice mine maybe you should lift more weights.

Note:...My size right now probably helps me here in Baja, Ca as I it seems to stop a lot of the mexican riff raft from fucking with me or my wife..
    I am not going to high jack Keith's thread, so go back to your other post and check my response.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Navy View Post
    I am not going to high jack Keith's thread, so go back to your other post and check my response.
    Well old buddy I can't find that post so I emailed you today
    I'm old and cocky and don't give a shit what you think about me.