Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Q and A with Team MD's Nick Trigili

Quote Originally Posted by BigMan93 View Post
    Burn fat while keeping as much muscle as possible
    keep the cardio either on empty stomach in the morning , with BCAAS,OR POST WORKOUT

Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    think ink you mentioned this earlier, but do you find liquid fats digest easier? Would nut butters be more likely to give digestive problems a. And have you ever tried coconut oil or mcts? It's a medium chain fat and burns more like a carb, so they may aid you pretty well. You could try adding them to meals during the day because unlike long chain fats like olive oil, nuts, etc, they don't need to be emulsified by bile and go into lymphatic circulation. They actually go into portal circulation right away with amino acids and glucose from broken down carbs so it doesn't take nearly as long to digest as fats.
    yes i do use coconut oil , mcts bothers my stomach…. but your 100% right . like i said i don't use much fats, its very low

Quote Originally Posted by kemox View Post
    thanks for the answer..I think I train hard because I`am sore for like 3 days no mather that I take glutamine and bcaa....for the cardio I didnt understand you very well....you say that I should do cardio if I am endomorf??If so than I dont need to do it because I have super fast metabolisam
    if you have a fast metabolism , stay away from it… and just do it when you feel your getting to much out of your comfort zone, thats how i always played the cardio game in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Hi nick I bought casein and zma products and on zma tub writes that I should avoid taking food with high dosage of calcium with it but I was planing to drink my casein with milk before bed...what is yout suggestion...drink the zma then 1h later casein with milk...drink the casein with water and zma together or something else ???
    i would do the shake and about 1.5 later , do the zma drink. you will be fine

Dedicated Noob

thanks for the answer!!! all the best !!

Hey Nick,

Thanks for all the tips here bro.. I wanted to ask and make sure so you believe for calves training them constantly being 5-6 days a week worked best for you? And if so did you do them 2-3x a week where you do 3 exercises say 5 sets each? and the 2 additional days do you just do 1 machine say 4 sets all out that's it? How did you compose this.

Now for arms you mention you justs throw in 2-3 exercises maximum? on top of a big body-part but you wouldn't throw in a full-arm day. I like this actually.. makes sense.. arms should grow indirectly from big body-parts.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholastrig View Post
    thank you , my arm workout varies every time i do it … some weeks i will smash them 2-3x in a week, but not a full arm workout each time… really depends on how my training method is at the time….

Arm exercises i always keep in weekly though are : barbell curls , hammer curls , and concentration curls for biceps.
    for triceps , i always keep in : close grip bench press on smith machine , jackhammer pushdowns, and dumbbell kickbacks...
    Jackhammer pushdowns?

Hey Nick what is a really good way to deplete carbs in the gym for like 4-5 days? Upper body circuit training and leg circuit training? One or two bodyparts circuit? I dont know anything about that! Thanks for your help bro

Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    Jackhammer pushdowns?
    jackhammer pushdowns means , simulate a pushdown like you are using a jackhammer , for example…

use a straight bar attachment, wide enough for your shoulder width so it isn't uncomfortable, and place hands in a medium grip, rotate your elbows up to the ceiling and push straight down , parallel to your body…. this really hits your outer triceps and develops the sweep of your triceps dramatically. charles glass taught me these

Quote Originally Posted by Bnj View Post
    Hey Nick what is a really good way to deplete carbs in the gym for like 4-5 days? Upper body circuit training and leg circuit training? One or two bodyparts circuit? I dont know anything about that! Thanks for your help bro
    i am not sure if i understand your question completely….are you getting ready for a show and you are trying to deplete the muscle ?

Quote Originally Posted by v117 View Post
    Hey Nick,

Thanks for all the tips here bro.. I wanted to ask and make sure so you believe for calves training them constantly being 5-6 days a week worked best for you? And if so did you do them 2-3x a week where you do 3 exercises say 5 sets each? and the 2 additional days do you just do 1 machine say 4 sets all out that's it? How did you compose this.

Now for arms you mention you justs throw in 2-3 exercises maximum? on top of a big body-part but you wouldn't throw in a full-arm day. I like this actually.. makes sense.. arms should grow indirectly from big body-parts.
    as far as calves training , very simple, after i got done with my main body part training , i would go and train my calves heavy and hard..i stuck to 3 main exercises primarily unless i was in a different gym and they had something new to try, but i stuck to seated , donkey and standing. i would superset all 3. i would go from one exercise to another, rep range 15-20 , and then take a minute break and repeat. I would do 4-5 sets of this depending on how fried my calves got ! the better you get at this, shorten the rest period, so start out at 2-3 minutes and work your way down…

as far as arm training goes, this always varied. i don't do anything in the gym for any length of time. i learned that by frequently changing up the exercises and routines for my main body parts it made me progress a lot faster.
    Change up your arm training as you feel , some weeks do 2-3 exercises after a big part , twice a week. and then maybe add a arm day also , or maybe just 1x a week kill arms…. there isn't a wrong way of training any body part, remember that… find out what works best with your body that day , that hour , that minute your in the gym. you may only need 1 exercise because they are so shot from the workout !! listen to everything you feeling !

Quote Originally Posted by nicholastrig View Post
    i am not sure if i understand your question completely….are you getting ready for a show and you are trying to deplete the muscle ?
    I just wanna deplete the muscles so when i carb up, I look my best the first day on vacation. I know it sounds dumb but I like experimenting so..

Quote Originally Posted by Bnj View Post
    I just wanna deplete the muscles so when i carb up, I look my best the first day on vacation. I know it sounds dumb but I like experimenting so..
    I need to know what your carbs are currently at first…. or you can just go old school , and zero carb yourself for 7 days, and then do a gradual 2 day load…..

Dedicated Noob

Hi Nick...I am confused about waist measurement....How do I measure it:with vacuum pose,flexed abs or just measure the way it is(relexed)...because its more than 1 inch smaller with vacuum pose than relaxed ???

Quote Originally Posted by kemox View Post
    Hi Nick...I am confused about waist measurement....How do I measure it:with vacuum pose,flexed abs or just measure the way it is(relexed)...because its more than 1 inch smaller with vacuum pose than relaxed ???
    You measure your waist right above your hip
    bones. You don't need to vacuum pose lol

Nick, hey man. I have been trying to find out what lot of these guys who enter the NPC shows. I am about to enter my first one in May- I would like to enter maybe 4 a year. how long do you take a break before you enter the second contest. I would like to get my name out - Brian Yersky said that he did 3 in the spring and 3 in the fall. he got his name out pretty well. That was I was looking at. I know I have to get back training again and then enter the contest. so, what do you think?

Also, I saw your shoulder video- you did like 100 reps- on the lateral raise?? did it blow up those muscles like crazy? lol
    I need to make my shoulders wide and nice.

Thanks Nick..happy new year man

Quote Originally Posted by BBWW View Post
    Nick, hey man. I have been trying to find out what lot of these guys who enter the NPC shows. I am about to enter my first one in May- I would like to enter maybe 4 a year. how long do you take a break before you enter the second contest. I would like to get my name out - Brian Yersky said that he did 3 in the spring and 3 in the fall. he got his name out pretty well. That was I was looking at. I know I have to get back training again and then enter the contest. so, what do you think?

Also, I saw your shoulder video- you did like 100 reps- on the lateral raise?? did it blow up those muscles like crazy? lol
    I need to make my shoulders wide and nice.

Thanks Nick..happy new year man
    Hey man thanks for the question .
    But my honest opinion for this question is this, when you go on that stage , make noise. Don`t just step on stage so you can say you "did it" . Make a statement. If your not ready, don't rush it. you have your whole life to compete. Look at my track record, I've done a total of 5 shows my entire career so far… what does that tell you ? When I competed , i made sure I was ready to be up there… you don't get a good name for yourself showing up at a show , you get a name for yourself by making an impact at a show.

the 100 reps, yes you can say they were pretty pumped !!!!! stick to a lot of lateral , and rear delt movements for good shoulder caps. its all about creating the illusion
    Happy new year !

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast