Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with Team MD's Nick Trigili

Quote Originally Posted by nicholastrig View Post
    i don't know , i don't need to puke to prove i am trying hard , i need to keep my food down , trying to gain weight here, lol
    proper preworkout nutrition ur fine... jeeze lets do something different n have some entertainment value lol... i miss old Nick who was down for the challenge haha... pushing yourself is good for growth and shock value.... but aight u leme know if u wanna rock n do something diff otherwise good luck with your playin it safe professionalism haha
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

lol old nick wasn't afraid of injury , lol… we will do something , let me get 100% healthy first

lol old nick wasn't afraid of injury , lol… we will do something , let me get 100% healthy first
    cool thats what i wanna hear... lets bring some life back to this sport... heal up and get that body 100% im sure u know what ur doin but il offer anyway... any questions hmu
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

Back in the gym hopefully this week .. ill keep you updated… i need to get back freak status like back in the day!

Yo brother glad to see MD sticking by you and continuing to support your pursuit. USA is going to pan out to be a great Supers class. I truly felt for you having to back out of the show. You put so much time and effort and was looking phenomenal when the injury happened. But its so easy to tear something that close to a show especially being as dry and lean as you were. My biggest fear is tearing something that close, there are days when lifting my gallon of water it felt like my bicep tendon was going to tear lol. Get healthy then go kill it bro.

Nick, have you suffered any serious, or not so serious, yet annoying injuries that have kept you away from certain movements, perhaps slowing down off-season growth/improvements etc...?

-Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

First off Brad I am so pleased you nailed it at nationals and have fulfilled your dream
    of turning pro! I wish I was there to witness it! You work ur ass off, and have really took your physique to a whole new level... And I am sure you will continue to do that with Aceto and Charles in your corner... Man do i miss Venice... Ahh maybe one day I will get back there ... But for now , Nj will do...You and I have talked about this for years. I plan on fulfilling my life time goal of turning pro as well come July! As far as the injury it was a major dagger to the heart... But this is adversity i never have faced before. I always had luck on my side but this really showed me how fast we can be taken out of the game... One day I was on top, next day, I was on the bottom... Cherish everyday... I am super pumped for usas

I have been injury free, knock on wood... I have some aches and pains here and there but nothing major . I train very strict , and controlled. I don't do a lot of machines, I feel like they really restrict and prohibit us from our natural range of motion...

I have been injury free, knock on wood... I have some aches and pains here and there but nothing major . I train very strict , and controlled. I don't do a lot of machines, I feel like they really restrict and prohibit us from our natural range of motion...
    I agree with you on the way some machines feels. My question is how often do you incorporate dumbell movements for chest workouts?
    Hard work + Dedication= MORE MUSCLE.(and haters)

I love doing Dumbbells . I always have incline presses and flies in almost every workout. And some close grip flat Dumbbells presses. Hard to explain. But basically holding the Dumbbells together like you were going to
    hammer curl them, but laying on a bench and just keep a small
    range of motion , mainly mid range to full range, keeping tension. Great exercise Charles glass showed me

I love doing Dumbbells . I always have incline presses and flies in almost every workout. And some close grip flat Dumbbells presses. Hard to explain. But basically holding the Dumbbells together like you were going to
    hammer curl them, but laying on a bench and just keep a small
    range of motion , mainly mid range to full range, keeping tension. Great exercise Charles glass showed me
    Im trying to bring up my upper chest so this sounds like something i need to try!

First off Brad I am so pleased you nailed it at nationals and have fulfilled your dream
    of turning pro! I wish I was there to witness it! You work ur ass off, and have really took your physique to a whole new level... And I am sure you will continue to do that with Aceto and Charles in your corner... Man do i miss Venice... Ahh maybe one day I will get back there ... But for now , Nj will do...You and I have talked about this for years. I plan on fulfilling my life time goal of turning pro as well come July! As far as the injury it was a major dagger to the heart... But this is adversity i never have faced before. I always had luck on my side but this really showed me how fast we can be taken out of the game... One day I was on top, next day, I was on the bottom... Cherish everyday... I am super pumped for usas
    Thanks Nick! Its a dream come true but also I know that its just gonna require more work here on out. You know me and know how crazy I am. Gotta try to let my body recover a bit but im already itching to start another prep lol. I have been blessed to have my injuries happen just far enough out to recover (the hammy tear and pec fascia tear within 2 weeks time during Arnold 2012). I have to be smart but thats one good thing about training with Charles he doesnt let me be me too much (kinda like the 675lb deads 4 days after Nationals when I went and trained on my own lol). Ill see you soon bro, were gonna do an east coast trip to see my family and friends after new year. We can get a workout in.

Anytime.. also incorporate a lot of dumbbell pullovers

your absolutely right but its what we signed up ! bodybuilding is a marathon ! thats why i love it . you can always improve your physique one way or another. whether it be size , shape or conditioning. you and I will be talking about this 10, 15 , 20 years from now.. and yeah keep me updated on your trip.. hope you and stef are doing great ! and great job with the food biz.. i remember when you first started that back when i was there

Whats your training split on and offseason? Good Luck in 2014!

as far as training split goes… ah i love this question …. i love to go hard in the offseason , i don't mean training one body part, 1x a week , on a 7 day split and keep that repetitive training split that all we love to hate…. i love changing things up. For example, if there is a body part i really want to bring up and i will train that body part 2-3 -4x in one week, do i mean full blown workouts each time , No. I mean stimulate that muscle quickly and move on , but by breaking down muscle tissue that often , with the proper nutrition , and " supplements" how can you not force that muscle to grow ? There is no such thing as overtraining. I believe in a theory called " improper training" and that means , your food , supplements do not work hand and hand with your workouts. You can fuel your body to truing at any level if you really choose to . Example, Lance Armstrong? Football players? Basketball players? These athletes work are putting there body through a lot more strenuous activity then we are in that gym. I think your training split should fit you , to answer your question. IF you feel the need to bring up chest , back , arms, …. train them 2,3x a week …. and incorporate them after other body parts . It will not hurt you. IF you do this over long term, yes , i feel its overkill, but what is a month of killing a body part , eating properly , and supplementing , really going to hurt you ? FUEL YOUR BODY !

I also love training twice a day… shocking the body twice a day really forces the body to recover and grow…. I feel we can really speed up muscle maturity and muscle density by training with this style ..

Hey nick what movements did you use for back cuz i seen the pics on another thread of your rls. Great improvements

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast