Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Q and A with Team MD's Nick Trigili

Hey Nick,

Congrats on your achievements thus far brother, I'm sure there are many more to come.

1.Do you use Leucine with your meals?
    2. Do you think it's important to keep body fat down during the off season?

Thanks Nick

Quote Originally Posted by nicholastrig View Post
    if everything goes as planned, i think the lineup is dusty , ward , gabe, and some canadian guy ? thats all i really know of now… but that is enough competition. any of these guys can walk away with the title mr usa. I'm almost glad that I will have a lot of solid competition come july , instead of this past nationals not being as deep as usual ? If you want to win , you want to beat the best of the best
    He better not be doing the USA unless he is a US citizen!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

My back workouts are pretty in depth. I like to use a lot of exercises and get every angle but once I am warmed up after the first exercise, I just continuously hit 3 sets per exercise. No need for overkill on each exercise. I love sticking to compound movements for the core of my workout. T bar, bent over barbell, Dumbbell rows, rack deadlifts, and heavy seated cable rows...

Thank you very much for the kind words. As far as over the counter supplements , I strickly stick to vitamin c, vitamin d, multi , bcaas. I was and never have been a big over the counter supplement user ... Just being honest . I like to maintain a healthy body fat in the offseason. There's no need to blow up 30,40,50 pounds over your competition weight . That's so unhealthy for your heart and puts your blood pressure all the over the place. Low Blood pressure is key to longevity in this sport

I saw something on social
    media about him. Looked a large fella! As far as citizen no idea lol

As for bcaas how much do you take in daily, gram wise?
    Hard work + Dedication= MORE MUSCLE.(and haters)

I like to use 5 grams immediately after awakening in the morning , and another 5grams before training, and 2-3 grams intra training , and post workout I take down another 5grams.

Spotter

When it comes to nutrition what would you say is the most important thing you have learned over the years?

The most important thing I've learned is that if your nutrition is what makes or breaks a good bodybuilder. This answer will
    have zero filter, but I don't care how good of gear you have or how much Hgh your using, if your
    not eating the right amounts of protein, carb fat ratio to supplement your training, you will not see results!! So I guess to answer your question, I leaned that nutrition is the MOST important factor in getting results!

Dedicated Noob

Hi nick have 2 questions: 1. whats your intra workout like.. 2. I am taking a product called carbox and its ingrediens aredextrose,maltodextrin,fructose,ribose) so the question is do you think I should take this intra workout cus I dont know if my stomach have to digest this and if it does than I cant get the pump 100 %(and wasting my time), and there is no vitargo to buy in my place...
    all the best !!

As far as my intra shake workout goes, offseason , i am always using a carb powder. My sponsor Musclemeds doesn't have one in there line , but a few i can suggest is Gaspari glyofuse, and i love Karbolyn by efx. there both great carb drinks. I take in about 75-100 carbs intra workout, plus bcaas and i mix it with water. OR sometimes , i will do less carb powder and substitute with gatorade for the electrolytes and carbs…

As far as the product you are using , carbox , not really familiar with that particular product , but if has dextrose , maltodextrin in it , its not something i would suggest using. That is very hard to digest intra workout . You could use that post workout ? but if you don't have access to virago , see if you can get the other 2 products i mentioned.

Dedicated Noob

there is another one that I have in my place and its called superfast carbs from full force nutrition ingredients(vitargo,waxy maize starch,high glycemic index maltodextrin,dextroze) so it has vitargo in it but still has maltodextrin and dextrose...I gues I cant take this ....should I use maybe some food like honey or something like that intra or just go with bcaa intra workout and after that carbs ???
    thanks!!

Have you used a product like this before intra- workout ? I wouldn't sacrifice a crap workout for a intra shake…. just utilize the carbs post workout , and use BCAAS and gatorade intra workout …

I am returning to the gym tonight , first time since my prep for nationals, so about 4-5 weeks time has passed. I will post some photos for you guys to see my progression from now until USAS!! I am coming back better then ever.

Muscle Head

what's going nick, happy to hear you are getting back in the gym and 2014 will have something in store for them. Just wanted to ask how your diet differs from before you worked with george farah to now. were you accustomed to going such high carb and moderate protein with low fats or was this news to you? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rexxxsteele View Post
    what's going nick, happy to hear you are getting back in the gym and 2014 will have something in store for them. Just wanted to ask how your diet differs from before you worked with george farah to now. were you accustomed to going such high carb and moderate protein with low fats or was this news to you? thanks!

Thank you ! I can't wait for the 2014 season! very anxious to get back on that stage.
    As far working with George for this past prep, it was great. And we are continuing to work together for my offseason going into the 2014 season , and we will work together for my 2014 prep into usas. The way George prepped me for Nationals, was a 180 from what I am used to doing. I always dieting with a lot more calories , and a lot more cardio. I really feel my body responded the best with the way George dieted me down for Nationals. I felt great the entire prep, energetic, and still had great workouts in the gym.

Good to hear you got back in the gym, how did it feel gettin back?
    Hard work + Dedication= MORE MUSCLE.(and haters)

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast