Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Q and A with Team MD's Nick Trigili

Quote Originally Posted by Nickisidol View Post
    You're doing it bro! I believe in you, w/e will happen!

A question: You said there is no such a thing as overtraining. How is your split then if I say I'll killing chest 1 month and after that one month shoulders. Like in a 7 week day my split is -
    Mo: Legs
    Tu: Chest
    We: Arms
    Th: Shoulders
    Fr: Back
    Sa/Su: rest

How should I change my split or should I go twice a day or what are your advices.

Peace out and stay cool and chilled like you are! Nick is idol <3

I would try this first and let me know if you can handle it :
    day 1 - chest
    day 2 - back
    day 3 - legs
    day 4 - chest
    day 5 - shoulders
    day 6 - arms
    day 7- chest
    then go to back and rotate, then take 2 days off after going through this split twice.

Dedicated Noob

Man you're huuuuge! Thank you very much and I think, I'll can handle it! Timewise I can easy!! If I have more question, I'll come back! I hope you'll stay activ here and not like your coach farah, who didnt came back for like years, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nickisidol View Post
    Man you're huuuuge! Thank you very much and I think, I'll can handle it! Timewise I can easy!! If I have more question, I'll come back! I hope you'll stay activ here and not like your coach farah, who didnt came back for like years, lol

I willl be on here actively everyday , as long as MD keeps me

Dedicated Noob

If u retire from MD or smth like that u have to tell me your E-Mail

What is your favourite music pre and during the workout?

Quote Originally Posted by nicholastrig View Post
    It is apples and oranges, and both have successfully worked for me. My body isn't that hard to get lean , but George and Fakrhyi both have amazing techniques and protocols that work wonders! Being able to work with the both of them has seriously been a blessing.
    As far as there methods, I mean , in the simplest way to explain it , Fak- loves cardio , loves feeding the hell out of you, George- little bit of cardio , lesser calories. Both approaches have been very successful for myself. I honestly don't mind doing either one. Whatever it takes to win .
    thanks..what about off season ?

Quote Originally Posted by bill2 View Post
    thanks..what about off season ?
    To be honest, I don't choose to work with a coach for offseason. I know how to grow, I know my body very well . That's why when it comes to prep time, I'm very easy to work with. Both coaches listen to my feedback and I know what works and doesn't work , and we devise a plan together. It's not a shot in the dark. That's what I feel is the number one problem with guys getting in great condition now a days, is that nobody ever takes the time to learn there bodies. And what works for Them. They throws all the eggs In the coaches basket and expect them to magically guess what works for them, without ever working together or with zero feedback!

Nick its great to see you back on MD answering each and every question. I hope you hit back big style as I was and im sure I speak for everybody, very much looking forward to see you on that national stage. Unfort it was happening this year, suppose it was just a humbling experience.
    Anyways, my question is about lowering bodyfat in the off season to keep leaner. I still have visable abs and obliques but I reckon im upward of 12-15 percent range. How would YOU ideally structure someone to lower their bodyfat whilst still gaining muscle. Would you keep cals high as normal and throw some cardio into the mix?
    Anyways, good to see you back!

sammysosa20

how much u charge for prep?

Quote Originally Posted by bigwill_sunn View Post
    Nick its great to see you back on MD answering each and every question. I hope you hit back big style as I was and im sure I speak for everybody, very much looking forward to see you on that national stage. Unfort it was happening this year, suppose it was just a humbling experience.
    Anyways, my question is about lowering bodyfat in the off season to keep leaner. I still have visable abs and obliques but I reckon im upward of 12-15 percent range. How would YOU ideally structure someone to lower their bodyfat whilst still gaining muscle. Would you keep cals high as normal and throw some cardio into the mix?
    Anyways, good to see you back!
    Will , whats up buddy ? thank you for your words. well let me ask you this question , why are you so focused on keeping extreme low body fat in the offseason ? if you are 12-15 %, you are right where you want to be… you don't want to be to lean , yet you don't want to frank the tank, but you sound solid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by sammysosa20 View Post
    how much u charge for prep?
    Email me at musclemedsnick@gmail.com

How do you feel about grass fed beef ?

Quote Originally Posted by jcuadrado06 View Post
    How do you feel about grass fed beef ?
    i eat it 2-3 times a day… so i would say i love it ! The first you notice is when you are cooking non grass fed beef vs. grass fed beef. … what happens to non ? it shrivels up to little rat terds. dries out almost immediately with even cooking on low heat…. when cooking grass fed beef , it retains its size, does not get dry, and is always juicy.And the difference in taste alone would sell anyone. I don't need any proof to why its better for you , or i don't need to be sold on it because of factual information of how the cow is raised, all i know is there a clear difference in grass fed meats !!!!!

Will , whats up buddy ? thank you for your words. well let me ask you this question , why are you so focused on keeping extreme low body fat in the offseason ? if you are 12-15 %, you are right where you want to be… you don't want to be to lean , yet you don't want to frank the tank, but you sound solid to me.
    I guess I just thought being around the 9-10% mark would be the most optimal for staying within striking distance of contest shape. Obviously just having that little bit of extra love around my stomach is going to be there off season. But i suppose your totally right.
    PS. Remember when you trained in venice that year leading up to usas? I remember you posting videos here and there and you were in the gym twice a day a lot. You brought up your calves tremendously over those months, can you remember your split or just how much work you gave them?

I guess I just thought being around the 9-10% mark would be the most optimal for staying within striking distance of contest shape. Obviously just having that little bit of extra love around my stomach is going to be there off season. But i suppose your totally right.
    PS. Remember when you trained in venice that year leading up to usas? I remember you posting videos here and there and you were in the gym twice a day a lot. You brought up your calves tremendously over those months, can you remember your split or just how much work you gave them?

Of course i remember ! those were the days ! but yes, my calf workout. it was nuts, i decided i really wanted to bring them up, so i started training them 6-7 days straight most of the time, i would mainly stick to seated , standing , and donkey. the 3 main calf exercises. i would always vary the weight , reps and order of machines …. but i made sure i killed them everyday. calves are stubborn unless your blessed. they are made up of a ton of fast twitch muscle fibers which can handle HUGE workloads. I mean when you think about it , you use ur calves almost 24/7. How are they really going to understand "growing" by training them once or twice a week? So i constant abuse, and breaking through plateaus is what we did. I normally would train them for 2 or 3 weeks straight then let me rest for a few days ,or even a week. Then they would just swell right up, then back to beating them again !

Of course i remember ! those were the days ! but yes, my calf workout. it was nuts, i decided i really wanted to bring them up, so i started training them 6-7 days straight most of the time, i would mainly stick to seated , standing , and donkey. the 3 main calf exercises. i would always vary the weight , reps and order of machines …. but i made sure i killed them everyday. calves are stubborn unless your blessed. they are made up of a ton of fast twitch muscle fibers which can handle HUGE workloads. I mean when you think about it , you use ur calves almost 24/7. How are they really going to understand "growing" by training them once or twice a week? So i constant abuse, and breaking through plateaus is what we did. I normally would train them for 2 or 3 weeks straight then let me rest for a few days ,or even a week. Then they would just swell right up, then back to beating them again !

Those were the days lol! Im sure you had a blast out there training in mecca! As for the calf workouts that has spawned a good routine for myself to try out, thanks!
    What way did you approach nutrition around those calf workouts? Did you just use the same post workout as normal and just rely on the outrageous training overload? I suppose that is really all you need, extra stimulas?
    Is USAs your goal for next year then? Full commitment for that glorious title?

Those were the days lol! Im sure you had a blast out there training in mecca! As for the calf workouts that has spawned a good routine for myself to try out, thanks!
    What way did you approach nutrition around those calf workouts? Did you just use the same post workout as normal and just rely on the outrageous training overload? I suppose that is really all you need, extra stimulas?
    Is USAs your goal for next year then? Full commitment for that glorious title?
    Im taking in plenty of calories in the offseason to fuel my workouts but I wouldn't do anything to your nutrition. Just train hard every damn day!

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast