Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 120 to 136 of 242

Thread: Q and A with Team MD's Nick Trigili

  1. #120

    Default

    Good calf advice I didn't know they were made of mainly fast twitch fibers I use to do standing and seated calf raises once a week and didnt notice much gains once I started doing them 3x a week I got size and strength gains

  2. #121

    Default

    Hey nick I have two questions for you the first is how do you feel about whey protein powders that have artifical ingredients in them ? I have been buying whey lately that has no artifcal sweetners and colors in them I feel that the more natrual of a whey protein you can use the better for your. Body and easier to digest it is

    Second is do you take digestive enzymes if so what kind ?

    Thanks !
    Last edited by jcuadrado06; December 11th, 2013 at 01:34 AM.

  3. #122
    Nobody
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Nick do you think somebody who is 6"3-6"4 with decent genetics could be a good bodybuilder?

  4. #123
    Dedicated Noob bigwill_sunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    20
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicholastrig View Post
    Im taking in plenty of calories in the offseason to fuel my workouts but I wouldn't do anything to your nutrition. Just train hard every damn day!
    Jan 14 i shall be implementing this calf protocol to see how I fare. You obviously had a moderate post workout shake and meal after training the likes of just calves and abs or what ever you stacked together yeah?

  5. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcuadrado06 View Post
    Good calf advice I didn't know they were made of mainly fast twitch fibers I use to do standing and seated calf raises once a week and didnt notice much gains once I started doing them 3x a week I got size and strength gains
    Try it out !!! My background is a sprinter, calves are fast twitch. I guarantee results !

  6. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jcuadrado06 View Post
    Hey nick I have two questions for you the first is how do you feel about whey protein powders that have artifical ingredients in them ? I have been buying whey lately that has no artifcal sweetners and colors in them I feel that the more natrual of a whey protein you can use the better for your. Body and easier to digest it is

    Second is do you take digestive enzymes if so what kind ?

    Thanks !
    My honest opinion is this. Obviously since I am with Musclemeds, all my products are free. I use them. But it worked out for
    me, because , I am lactose intolerant and I have a very sensitive stomach to any artificial sweeteners and all that nonsense. I have to watch everything.
    But I personally only use whey when I absolutely need to. I much rather eat a meal and feel full and energized . Shakes do not do anything for me. The only time I really suggest using them is post workout , then eat 45 min later or first thing in the morning to give your metabolism a kick start. My
    first meal is a shake at 8am. I go back to bed and then eat a real meal 1 hour later, but by then, I am STARVING!

  7. #126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigwill_sunn View Post
    Jan 14 i shall be implementing this calf protocol to see how I fare. You obviously had a moderate post workout shake and meal after training the likes of just calves and abs or what ever you stacked together yeah?
    My calf workouts always were implemented in at the end of my workout. So I would just follow my normal post workout nutrition.
    I would train abs every other day, usually 3x per week

  8. #127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMan93 View Post
    Nick do you think somebody who is 6"3-6"4 with decent genetics could be a good bodybuilder?
    Hey man- well anyone can be a bodybuilder no matter how tall
    or short he or she is, are you asking if you could be successful as a competitor at 6'3? I mean toney freeman is every bit of 6'2-6'3, Gunther was tall, I am pushing 6'1, so why not?

  9. #128

    Default

    What do the artificial sweetness tend to do, just bloat you, diarrhea, constipation? Do you use digestive enzymes, and have you ever tried Stevia? With a sensitive stomach, what carbs and fats have you found digest the best for you (white instead of brown rice, white potatoes instead of sweet, etc)?

    would you mind posting your current split? Do you train each muscle once a week normally, or are you more higher frequency?
    Last edited by SideShowDoc; December 11th, 2013 at 07:40 PM.

  10. #129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    What do the artificial sweetness tend to do, just bloat you, diarrhea, constipation? Do you use digestive enzymes, and have you ever tried Stevia? With a sensitive stomach, what carbs and fats have you found digest the best for you (white instead of brown rice, white potatoes instead of sweet, etc)?

    would you mind posting your current split? Do you train each muscle once a week normally, or are you more higher frequency?
    I get really bad sharp pains in my stomach, and stevia is gross. lol . i just rather stay away from the completely.

    I just use any old digestive enzymes… i don't go crazy with spending a lot on them. i feel they all work the same ...

    as far as absorption with carbs, i stick to oatmeal , white rice , red potatoes and sweet potatoes. that is it. everything else does not work for me for dieting purposes…. offseason i use more pasta… but thats the only difference in my offseason carbs unless i am doing a cheat meal , i will eat bread.

    I usually train everybody at least 2x per week when i am full offseason swing , some stubborn parts, 3x per week…. just all really depends. i am constantly changing my routine up to keep things fresh and new to keep the body guessing !! Shocking the body is the offseason from all different angles , training methods is key

  11. #130

    Default

    THanks MAn.

    When you say you are a mod protein, higher carb and fat guy in the offseason, what do you consider moderate or high? DO you limit protein to a certain amount like 1.5 grams per pound? If you take protein too high do you notice digestive problems?

  12. #131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    THanks MAn.

    When you say you are a mod protein, higher carb and fat guy in the offseason, what do you consider moderate or high? DO you limit protein to a certain amount like 1.5 grams per pound? If you take protein too high do you notice digestive problems?
    its kind of hard to tell you exactly what my proteins , carbs and fats are in the offseason because that varies daily….. for the most part i shoot to eat 350 - 400 grams a protein a day , since i weigh almost 300lbs…. carbs i keep extremely high, i can't eat enough… my metabolism burns so fast.. i prepped this year for nationals on 550g carbs.. so what does that tell you? LOL ...

    fats i just throw in my first meal of the day and my last meal… i keep oils for the early part of the day ( olive oil , coconut oil, or flax seed) and i do the slower digesting fats at night time, like ( almond or cashew butter)

  13. #132

    Default

    Hey Nick, in your opinion, how important are refeed days or meals when cutting (natty). Im under 50g of carbs a day and currently 7,5% bodyfat. My goal is 6-6,5% in 3 weeks. My trainer told me I could eat 400g clean carbs last sunday wich I did but this was gonna be the last time before I leave for Mexico on January 7th (motivation to get to 6% hehe). The reason why Im asking you is because I feel like shit and Im always tired as fuck. If you think having a refeed once a week or something will hold me back from my goal, then ill keep dieting without refeed. Thanks bro

  14. #133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bnj View Post
    Hey Nick, in your opinion, how important are refeed days or meals when cutting (natty). Im under 50g of carbs a day and currently 7,5% bodyfat. My goal is 6-6,5% in 3 weeks. My trainer told me I could eat 400g clean carbs last sunday wich I did but this was gonna be the last time before I leave for Mexico on January 7th (motivation to get to 6% hehe). The reason why Im asking you is because I feel like shit and Im always tired as fuck. If you think having a refeed once a week or something will hold me back from my goal, then ill keep dieting without refeed. Thanks bro
    feeling like shit and being tired as fuck is necessary to achieve the body fat you want !!! you are breaking through ATP and the body is reserving all the energy it has to just function. I wouldn't refeed , just keep going and keep your head up! not much time left bud!

  15. #134

    Default

    photo-3.jpg
    Got 2 weeks back in gym , weighing 283 and i didn't even start the nuke bomb offseason blitz yet !!!!

  16. #135
    Dedicated Noob
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    11
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    SHIT it looks heavy! very nice bro, keep your dream alive and let your dream come true! You'll make it!

    Can you show us / me your arm workout? Or atleast if u wont, can u tell me / us what your favorit exercises for arms are? Peace out buddy!

  17. #136
    Nobody
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Nick how often do you go get blood work done and get checked by a doctor?

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •