Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 137 to 153 of 242

Thread: Q and A with Team MD's Nick Trigili

  1. #137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickisidol View Post
    SHIT it looks heavy! very nice bro, keep your dream alive and let your dream come true! You'll make it!

    Can you show us / me your arm workout? Or atleast if u wont, can u tell me / us what your favorit exercises for arms are? Peace out buddy!
    thank you , my arm workout varies every time i do it … some weeks i will smash them 2-3x in a week, but not a full arm workout each time… really depends on how my training method is at the time….

    Arm exercises i always keep in weekly though are : barbell curls , hammer curls , and concentration curls for biceps.
    for triceps , i always keep in : close grip bench press on smith machine , jackhammer pushdowns, and dumbbell kickbacks...

  2. #138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMan93 View Post
    Nick how often do you go get blood work done and get checked by a doctor?
    Hey buddy -
    Well i do my best to go every 3-4 months…. but you know how that is… we tend put it off because we feel "healthy" but if i were and you are supplementing , i highly advise 3-4 months so you know your body is at its most optimal state.

  3. #139

    Default

    Hey Nick, how was it being under John O Regan guidance as a young bodybuilder? Do you think you wouldve made it this far in bodybuilding as we speek if it wasnt for him? He turns young guns into monsters!!

  4. #140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bnj View Post
    Hey Nick, how was it being under John O Regan guidance as a young bodybuilder? Do you think you wouldve made it this far in bodybuilding as we speek if it wasnt for him? He turns young guns into monsters!!
    I loved John approach… listen any honest bodybuilder knows what it takes to be at the top of the sport. They might not openly speak about it , or tell a stranger what it really takes , but lets be honest with ourselves, yes God does bless very few men with crazy freaky genetics as a foundation , but we all know it takes the right supplementation , crazy amounts of food, and consistent training to get to the top.. John mastered that technique, and we still speak pretty regularly to this day. We are good friends, and i have nothing bad to say about that man. He has done nothing but right by me , and whatever happened with anyone else he trained , that is between them. BUt you know theres always three sides to every story.

    Would i be where i am today? who knows, i mean i could of linked up with someone else at the time, but i guess me meeting john was the way it was suppose to happen , because helped me make the bodybuilder I am today. He not only helped me with bodybuilding , but also personal things i had going on in my life. The man has a huge heart . Anyone that bashes him is just asshole or they really don't know him.

  5. #141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicholastrig View Post
    I loved John approach… listen any honest bodybuilder knows what it takes to be at the top of the sport. They might not openly speak about it , or tell a stranger what it really takes , but lets be honest with ourselves, yes God does bless very few men with crazy freaky genetics as a foundation , but we all know it takes the right supplementation , crazy amounts of food, and consistent training to get to the top.. John mastered that technique, and we still speak pretty regularly to this day. We are good friends, and i have nothing bad to say about that man. He has done nothing but right by me , and whatever happened with anyone else he trained , that is between them. BUt you know theres always three sides to every story.

    Would i be where i am today? who knows, i mean i could of linked up with someone else at the time, but i guess me meeting john was the way it was suppose to happen , because helped me make the bodybuilder I am today. He not only helped me with bodybuilding , but also personal things i had going on in my life. The man has a huge heart . Anyone that bashes him is just asshole or they really don't know him.
    Thanks for the honest answer bro! And this post wasnt intended to be negative towards John! Keep this thread alive man, it is great!!

  6. #142

    Default

    Hey Nick, you should start posting videos on your youtube channel. Im sure fans would love it! Like cooking videos,training, grocery shopping etc.

  7. #143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bnj View Post
    Hey Nick, you should start posting videos on your youtube channel. Im sure fans would love it! Like cooking videos,training, grocery shopping etc.
    i will be doing this a lot more once the new year comes around, i have a lot of great stuff planned !! stay tuned for sure...

  8. #144

    Default

    You say you burn through carbs super quick. Have you ever tried adding more fats to your meals and keeping carbs high but not as high as you normally would, so the fats would allow the carbs to burn a bit slower? Or does that not work as well for you?

  9. #145
    Dedicated Noob
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    27
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Hi...probably when U started this sport U were on budget and U had to spare money...so in your opinion should I save my energy outside of the gym and when I train it should be 40-50 mins so I can eat less and still gain weight....and cardio of course is much shorter

  10. #146
    Nobody
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Nick in your opinion what's the best time to do cardio?

  11. #147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SideShowDoc View Post
    You say you burn through carbs super quick. Have you ever tried adding more fats to your meals and keeping carbs high but not as high as you normally would, so the fats would allow the carbs to burn a bit slower? Or does that not work as well for you?
    Hey buddy - i do add fats to my diet, very carefully though , in the morning i use olive oil , and closer to bed time i use slower digesting fats , like almond butter …. i still have to keep the carbs that high no matter what. my body loves them !

  12. #148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kemox View Post
    Hi...probably when U started this sport U were on budget and U had to spare money...so in your opinion should I save my energy outside of the gym and when I train it should be 40-50 mins so I can eat less and still gain weight....and cardio of course is much shorter
    Why would you not train as hard? that shouldn't change . your variable should be making sure your resting enough and eating what you can. Don't not train that hard because you think your not getting enough calories, our bodies adapt to any circumstances… I am sure you are getting more then enough macros to make gains.

    And i wouldn't incorporate cardiio unless your naturally on the heavy side ?

  13. #149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMan93 View Post
    Nick in your opinion what's the best time to do cardio?
    whats your goal with cardio ? to burn fat or strengthen your heart?

  14. #150
    Nobody
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Burn fat while keeping as much muscle as possible

  15. #151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicholastrig View Post
    Hey buddy - i do add fats to my diet, very carefully though , in the morning i use olive oil , and closer to bed time i use slower digesting fats , like almond butter …. i still have to keep the carbs that high no matter what. my body loves them !

    think ink you mentioned this earlier, but do you find liquid fats digest easier? Would nut butters be more likely to give digestive problems a. And have you ever tried coconut oil or mcts? It's a medium chain fat and burns more like a carb, so they may aid you pretty well. You could try adding them to meals during the day because unlike long chain fats like olive oil, nuts, etc, they don't need to be emulsified by bile and go into lymphatic circulation. They actually go into portal circulation right away with amino acids and glucose from broken down carbs so it doesn't take nearly as long to digest as fats.

  16. #152
    Dedicated Noob
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    27
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nicholastrig View Post
    Why would you not train as hard? that shouldn't change . your variable should be making sure your resting enough and eating what you can. Don't not train that hard because you think your not getting enough calories, our bodies adapt to any circumstances… I am sure you are getting more then enough macros to make gains.

    And i wouldn't incorporate cardiio unless your naturally on the heavy side ?
    thanks for the answer..I think I train hard because I`am sore for like 3 days no mather that I take glutamine and bcaa....for the cardio I didnt understand you very well....you say that I should do cardio if I am endomorf??If so than I dont need to do it because I have super fast metabolisam

  17. #153
    Dedicated Noob
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    14
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Hi nick I bought casein and zma products and on zma tub writes that I should avoid taking food with high dosage of calcium with it but I was planing to drink my casein with milk before bed...what is yout suggestion...drink the zma then 1h later casein with milk...drink the casein with water and zma together or something else ???

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •