Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jon Delarosa December Update

Spotter

Perfect example, shawn rhoden. Started his 2012olympia prep at 235, was on stage around 240. Put on 30-35lbs this yr for the 2013 season and was on stage around the same weight and looked the same in conditioning as well. Did the extra weight help him? No

Quote Originally Posted by 2hot22 View Post
    Perfect example, shawn rhoden. Started his 2012olympia prep at 235, was on stage around 240. Put on 30-35lbs this yr for the 2013 season and was on stage around the same weight and looked the same in conditioning as well. Did the extra weight help him? No
    he competed 8 times in 2012 so that makes your point invalid seeing as how he was in contest shape all year basically
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from the manufacturer instead of a marketing company I get my supplements at www.truenutrition.com

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by UriahMcGee View Post
    he competed 8 times in 2012 so that makes your point invalid seeing as how he was in contest shape all year basically
    That is true. But he wasnt over 260 when he started his 2012 season. Anyways he blew up in weight, he was up to 280 at one point and the weight gain didn't help him bottom line.

That is true. But he wasnt over 260 when he started his 2012 season. Anyways he blew up in weight, he was up to 280 at one point and the weight gain didn't help him bottom line.
    he wasn't that heavy...not over 265
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from the manufacturer instead of a marketing company I get my supplements at www.truenutrition.com

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by UriahMcGee View Post
    he wasn't that heavy...not over 265
    Well that's what he had claimed. Around 280. Might be true or false but anyhow, still proves my point dude lol. Anyway u put it lol.Extra weight gain doesn't necessarily help. Especially when its gained quickly. And people don't need to get that heavy in offseason to be competitive. Comes back to say people concentrate too much on offseason scale weight instead of what's actually underneath that 285lbs. Plain and simple.

Well that's what he had claimed. Around 280. Might be true or false but anyhow, still proves my point dude lol. Anyway u put it lol.Extra weight gain doesn't necessarily help. Especially when its gained quickly. And people don't need to get that heavy in offseason to be competitive. Comes back to say people concentrate too much on offseason scale weight instead of what's actually underneath that 285lbs. Plain and simple.
    The extra weight has been put on over a course of a 8 month off season. Considering my usual off season weight is 265+ I don't think the weight was put on quickly. I say this to everyone all the time. Phil won the ny pro at 208lbs! He now competes at over 240lbs. He didn't do that by not eating any way you cut it. Genetics or not he needed to train and eat to build muscle! Bottom line is none of this really matters bc I do this for me. I'm happy and healthy and feel like I have made significant improvements.

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Delarosa View Post
    The extra weight has been put on over a course of a 8 month off season. Considering my usual off season weight is 265+ I don't think the weight was put on quickly. I say this to everyone all the time. Phil won the ny pro at 208lbs! He now competes at over 240lbs. He didn't do that by not eating any way you cut it. Genetics or not he needed to train and eat to build muscle! Bottom line is none of this really matters bc I do this for me. I'm happy and healthy and feel like I have made significant improvements.
    Thats good then. Phil though started at that time was 240ish off season. This yr he was in the high 260s when he started his prep (and obviously climbed) anyways as long as your healthy! Thats all that counts

Thats good then. Phil though started at that time was 240ish off season. This yr he was in the high 260s when he started his prep (and obviously climbed) anyways as long as your healthy! Thats all that counts
    Phil was 280ish + or - this past off season

sammysosa20

hows the diet right now?

I saw phil offseason right before he started prep for 2012 olympia...dude had to be close to 280 you could hear him breathe haha

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Thanks peeps! Been busting my behind to make improvements to my physique with the biggest knock being overall size. I'm super excited to get started with my prep and seeing all the hard work come to life! Stay tuned to Right here for more going into Arnold classics rio!!
    Hoping to win in Rio eh? Guessing that means we won't be seeing you in Toronto again this year, unless Swann does the NY and TO again?

Quote Originally Posted by JordanW View Post
    Hoping to win in Rio eh? Guessing that means we won't be seeing you in Toronto again this year, unless Swann does the NY and TO again?
    No way! I'll def be competing in NY and Toronto. Hoping to make the 3rd time a charm! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by sammysosa20 View Post
    hows the diet right now?
    I've actually started to lower my carbs right now to start getting tighter. I officially start my prep for rio on the 6th of January but getting a head start now!

[QUOTE=FLIP;3574007]Phil was 280ish + or - this past off season[

Truth!

No way! I'll def be competing in NY and Toronto. Hoping to make the 3rd time a charm! Lol
    That's awesome excited to see you in Toronto, you and Fouad can fight it out up there

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by FLIP View Post
    Phil was 280ish + or - this past off season
    High 260's. When I saw him that's what he said. But I wrote and climbing obviously, so yes around 280 at highest weight.

I know that. look, size isnt really his issues, its development of the muscle!! back especially, thickness as well. Phil isnt the biggest, but development, off the charts, plus he brings that scary conditioning. Of course you need to be adding size on offseason, but gaining 20lbs or more it looks like, which jon you did very quickly, isnt muscle real muscle weight! that takes time. not to Knock you down, hope you do very well. But in my opinion i find it pointless adding so much weight. The faster you put the weight on, the faster it will come off. Mostly when it looks like extra water. Anyhow, thats my opinion, you might think differently but im sure alot of people would agree with me. Good luck to you Jon sincerely

Very intelligent post!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast