Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Deal With Permanent Hand Numbness?

It was developed about 20 years ago in Sweden, the United States and it's stem cell laws inhibited it til the early 2000's. In theory taking your stem cells from your spine is a better choice. Without getting into crap no one wants to read, these cells are like master cells. They tell other stems to do there job. The powers to be are now allowing some research with these cells to be used in treating coronary artery disease and there are a few Drs who are experimenting with these cells. Having articular cartilage damage leaves us with very little options.

Heres the kicker. I hurt my knee after I did the Jr Nat's in 2012. I got shingles from stressing myself to much dieting and while I was dealing with post therapeutic neuralgia I was bringing my 4 lb Yorki's outside It was raining and I slipped on my back step, twisting my leg and it tore 2 grade 4 tears along with tearing both medial and lateral meniscus. I I had it scoped in aug of 2012 so I could do the 2012 Nat's. It's taken me a full year of bullshit from my insurance companies to approve it. The car accident I got into last May has complicated this cause of all these new injuries, but jan 8th is almost here.

Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    It was developed about 20 years ago in Sweden, the United States and it's stem cell laws inhibited it til the early 2000's. In theory taking your stem cells from your spine is a better choice. Without getting into crap no one wants to read, these cells are like master cells. They tell other stems to do there job. The powers to be are now allowing some research with these cells to be used in treating coronary artery disease and there are a few Drs who are experimenting with these cells. Having articular cartilage damage leaves us with very little options.

Heres the kicker. I hurt my knee after I did the Jr Nat's in 2012. I got shingles from stressing myself to much dieting and while I was dealing with post therapeutic neuralgia I was bringing my 4 lb Yorki's outside It was raining and I slipped on my back step, twisting my leg and it tore 2 grade 4 tears along with tearing both medial and lateral meniscus. I I had it scoped in aug of 2012 so I could do the 2012 Nat's. It's taken me a full year of bullshit from my insurance companies to approve it. The car accident I got into last May has complicated this cause of all these new injuries, but jan 8th is almost here.
    Alot to deal with. Let me know how the procedure works out. Going through doctors is usually the worst part for me. Luckily I havent had any procedures done yet

Banned

Mindless lifting of heavy weight driven by a "kill it" attitude will fuck up your body, and the look of your physique. This guy (Walking Beast) is an example of what not to do in a gym. Take note guys.

X 2.

Stupid thread. If you're dumb enough to continue to hurt your own body despite its letting you know that it's injured, you pretty much deserve whatever the consequences are. Not to mention your form in every single exercise is horrendous.
    Wanna feel better? Quit doing dumb shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjackd1 View Post
    X 2.

Stupid thread. If you're dumb enough to continue to hurt your own body despite its letting you know that it's injured, you pretty much deserve whatever the consequences are. Not to mention your form in every single exercise is horrendous.
    Hey bitch, "hardcore" has no form!!!
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

Training Log

Goddammit. Can you guys type a little slower? I cant find my fuckin notepad. So much detailed information bombarding my brain from all angles. Its a shitstorm.

How do I do a candyass pulldown? Cant figure it out. Rjackd?

yacoub.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Beast View Post
    Goddammit. Can you guys type a little slower? I cant find my fuckin notepad. So much detailed information bombarding my brain from all angles. Its a shitstorm.

How do I do a candyass pulldown? Cant figure it out. Rjackd?

yacoub.jpg
    In all fairness, your form is shit, and RJackd is huge. Begs the question, are you even training your muscles or are you just moving sloppy weight?

Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Brown View Post
    Mindless lifting of heavy weight driven by a "kill it" attitude will fuck up your body, and the look of your physique. This guy (Walking Beast) is an example of what not to do in a gym. Take note guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjackd1 View Post
    X 2.

Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    In all fairness, your form is shit, and RJackd is huge. Begs the question, are you even training your muscles or are you just moving sloppy weight?

It amazes me that those who have NOTHING to add to this board, nothing to add to their lives, nothing to add to society or to helping the next person ALWAYS HAVE THE MOST IDIOTIC THINGS TO OTHERWISE ADD TO WHAT WAS A GREAT CONVERSATION...
    LIFE IS FOR LEARNING...LET THE FOOLS REMAIN STUPID

Quote Originally Posted by HERCULES1X View Post

It amazes me that those who have NOTHING to add to this board,
    Which is why I am a forum leader...

nothing to add to their lives,
    Which is why I have a nice family and career path...

nothing to add to society or to helping the next person
    You have no idea...

ALWAYS HAVE THE MOST IDIOTIC THINGS TO OTHERWISE ADD TO WHAT WAS A GREAT CONVERSATION...
    The "conversation" was: "I lift like an idiot, can anybody tell me why my hand is numb? I've seen doctors, but I figured I would check with a bunch of 15 year olds on a bodybuilding forum...KILL THAT SHIT"...

Response in bold, cunt.

Training Log

Mass Monster GeorgeForemanRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HERCULES1X View Post
    It amazes me that those who have NOTHING to add to this board, nothing to add to their lives, nothing to add to society or to helping the next person ALWAYS HAVE THE MOST IDIOTIC THINGS TO OTHERWISE ADD TO WHAT WAS A GREAT CONVERSATION...
    Amazes me retards like you can not see real advice.

Bottom line is massive illegal drug abuse will fuck you up, the OP is not smart enough to see this and you are the same.

I thought you were better then this, I am wrong again.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
    Amazes me retards like you can not see real advice.

Bottom line is massive illegal drug abuse will fuck you up, the OP is not smart enough to see this and you are the same.

I thought you were better then this, I am wrong again.
    Hey, only medical prognoses are welcome here.

Training Log

Mass Monster

Ignore the haterz OP. and UP THE DOSE

UP THAT SHIT

Obviously you have a passion for lifting heavy iron, and provides you a outlet of exerting aggression/power. However, at a certain point, you MUST listen to your body and if you are experiencing pain in certain joints then take a period off training to allow time to heal. Continuing as you are, and taking painkillers as part of your pre-workout regime to mask the injuries so that you can train, will turn what could be minor inflammations into permanent joint damage that will stay with you for the rest of your life.

You only have one body, and it has to last you a lifetime
    . You may think training through the pain is worth it now, but 10 years from now when you are a complete cripple who relies on strong painkillers to get through each day, I can guarantee you will regret not addressing your injuries when you had the chance.

In your journal, you mention experiencing hand numbness for the past 3 years, yet despite a doctors diagnosis of nerve issues, you have continued to lift heavy iron in your high intensity/high volume training style. How can you expect to recover?

If you will not take the advice to rest from training to see if you can improve the discomfort levels of certain injuries, then I can say with certainty (and I don't need to be a doctor to see this) that you will only see continued deterioration of your body and life will feel like a living hell due to the constant pain.

Whether you listen to this advice or not, I am sure my thoughts are shared by 99% of fellow brothers of iron, so I hope for your sake that you see sense and approach your future with caution.

Quote Originally Posted by britishbeef View Post
    Obviously you have a passion for lifting heavy iron, and provides you a outlet of exerting aggression/power. However, at a certain point, you MUST listen to your body and if you are experiencing pain in certain joints then take a period off training to allow time to heal. Continuing as you are, and taking painkillers as part of your pre-workout regime to mask the injuries so that you can train, will turn what could be minor inflammations into permanent joint damage that will stay with you for the rest of your life.

You only have one body, and it has to last you a lifetime
    . You may think training through the pain is worth it now, but 10 years from now when you are a complete cripple who relies on strong painkillers to get through each day, I can guarantee you will regret not addressing your injuries when you had the chance.

In your journal, you mention experiencing hand numbness for the past 3 years, yet despite a doctors diagnosis of nerve issues, you have continued to lift heavy iron in your high intensity/high volume training style. How can you expect to recover?

If you will not take the advice to rest from training to see if you can improve the discomfort levels of certain injuries, then I can say with certainty (and I don't need to be a doctor to see this) that you will only see continued deterioration of your body and life will feel like a living hell due to the constant pain.

Whether you listen to this advice or not, I am sure my thoughts are shared by 99% of fellow brothers of iron, so I hope for your sake that you see sense and approach your future with caution.

Well thought out and good post. I dont disagree with your points at all. As Ive said, I just have a compulsion to KILL SHIT that possesses my mind and body. Its fuckin hard for me to back down, to rest, to stop the slaughter.

I tried a 6 month period of almost no lifting. No improvements in my pain or numbness. The doctors said that the nerve irritation was very slight and that there was no damage yet. And to continue lifting. Of course they have no clue what it is I do in the gym, and how excessive and damaging my training is. You already understand that its more of an exorcism in my case and not primarily for the results. It is how I deal with shit. I dont expect sympathy. I just collect information in this destructive pursuit. I know that I will not stop until my shit is killed.

Ive accepted that this body is deteriorating rapidly and that I will run it into the ground completely. The purpose of my post was to collect more information that I can use and keeping the shit rolling. When the time comes shit will all crash and burn but right now, Im in the moment. Fighting that shit aslong as I can before my body is completely thrashed.

Thats what I signed up for. My lifetime should be pretty short. I dont aspire to live long. It doesnt interest me at all.

I expect that hell to increase since its this bad now at 33. At 23 I ruptured disks and took myself out. I already expected to be fucked up for life. The fact that I can train right now is more than I expected after nearly 20 years of abuse.

My mindset now is to adapt and deal. KILL UNTIL DEAD. I couldnt live with myself otherwise.

KILL
    EM
    N
    GRILL
    EM!!

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Beast View Post
    Well thought out and good post. I dont disagree with your points at all. As Ive said, I just have a compulsion to KILL SHIT that possesses my mind and body. Its fuckin hard for me to back down, to rest, to stop the slaughter.

I tried a 6 month period of almost no lifting. No improvements in my pain or numbness. The doctors said that the nerve irritation was very slight and that there was no damage yet. And to continue lifting. Of course they have no clue what it is I do in the gym, and how excessive and damaging my training is. You already understand that its more of an exorcism in my case and not primarily for the results. It is how I deal with shit. I dont expect sympathy. I just collect information in this destructive pursuit. I know that I will not stop until my shit is killed.

Ive accepted that this body is deteriorating rapidly and that I will run it into the ground completely. The purpose of my post was to collect more information that I can use and keeping the shit rolling. When the time comes shit will all crash and burn but right now, Im in the moment. Fighting that shit aslong as I can before my body is completely thrashed.

Thats what I signed up for. My lifetime should be pretty short. I dont aspire to live long. It doesnt interest me at all.

I expect that hell to increase since its this bad now at 33. At 23 I ruptured disks and took myself out. I already expected to be fucked up for life. The fact that I can train right now is more than I expected after nearly 20 years of abuse.

My mindset now is to adapt and deal. KILL UNTIL DEAD. I couldnt live with myself otherwise.

KILL
    EM
    N
    GRILL
    EM!!
    This reply is almost that of a psychologist dream. Its almost like i cant believe you could not re read this paragraph and wonder that it is really weird. I hope you sit down and think about it at the least. This post is that of one that people would research or look for in someone that goes and kills a bunch of people, looking for signs of problems.

You go to the gym and keep destroying your body because you believe you have to "kill shit"... You wont let your body heal, so you "kill shit"...You are not "killing shit" at the gym, what you are doing is nothing positive, and then coming on here to see if anyone has stories or advice for a problem you'll never fix.

Nothing more dangerous than an idiot with a cause....

What color panties is everyone wearing today?

Dont forget to watch the news

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast