Voters
134. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Don't Squat Due to Medical Reasons

13 9.70%
  • I Don't Squat Because They Are Not Effective

7 5.22%
  • I Squat

73 54.48%
  • If I Could Only Do One Leg Movement For The Rest Of My Life It Would Be Squats

41 30.60%
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Who Squats?

Quote Originally Posted by Juggertha View Post
    Thanks, man. I'm glad ya said that. I was starting to take it personal… but that's just my back talking (it's killing me this week - so maybe I'm overly sensitive).

Happy New Years to all squatters and non-squatters alike!
    Yea no need to over complicate the internet junk. It is good for daily debates and entertainment though. Hope everyone has a good New Years, and in fact I am going to do deadlifts, now that is a whole new thread in itself :P

Oh yea, for a great posterior chain deadlifts are needed..Or else everyone sucks/end rant...
    B-NEVA-"You should have fingered the judges like the MPD guy, he won his pro card his next show!"

Quote Originally Posted by ritch View Post
    a good decade of 4 plate plus squats and deadlifts never got my ass developed. It's just not in the cards for some of us...
    The good thing is smarter of us realize that and search for alternatives

Quote Originally Posted by frankdaddy View Post
    Yea no need to over complicate the internet junk. It is good for daily debates and entertainment though. Hope everyone has a good New Years, and in fact I am going to do deadlifts, now that is a whole new thread in itself :P

Oh yea, for a great posterior chain deadlifts are needed..Or else everyone sucks/end rant...
    No one needs to deadlift
    instagram @naturalguy1
    instagram @universalusa

Quote Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    No one needs to deadlift
    I've never seen someone with a strong deadlift that didnt deadlift.....BooYAAA, watcha got...PUNK!!
    B-NEVA-"You should have fingered the judges like the MPD guy, he won his pro card his next show!"

who does front squats in their leg workouts ? and do you like them compared to doing regular squats ? this who and who doesn't squat talk is old news already

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    The good thing is smarter of us realize that and search for alternatives
    I refuse to do the "butt machine" and lunges mess up my sciatica. Got a gf who loves flat asses, lucked out I guess, lol..
    No ass for me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcuadrado06 View Post
    who does front squats in their leg workouts ? and do you like them compared to doing regular squats ? this who and who doesn't squat talk is old news already
    Front squats are awesome to add in slowly, but not replace. Most people have to re learn an entirely new move, and IMO the most complicated lift of any next to deadlifting properly. Most people could actually do around 80-100lbs from their back squat maximal weight from what i've seen from athletes, but they have spent years of doing both.

On that note, if you feel you can do them properly, and learn quickly...They are awesome except they work entirely different areas over back squats. Front squats will put more strain on the knees, more on the quads, less on hip flexors, a lot of stress on the upper traps/rhomboids, no stress on the lumbar, less stress on the posterior chain as a whole.

So for more upper back thickness, and possible more quad stimulation go for front squats if your form and strength is good. If you need quads, better glutes, lower back, upper back then go for back squats, preferably mid/low bar positioning for optimal stimulation of the entire physique.

Most guys choose to go high bar for better quad stimulation when it really does not have the best optimal quad stimulation as one, but really as a whole. So many neglect the real use of the squat, which is the real argument...Not just quads, which IMO is not the best quad only exericise.

I'd choose hack-sissy squats over front squats all day long. For quads...
    I went Camp Crystal Lake when I was younger.

Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by bolsen View Post
    I'd choose hack-sissy squats over front squats all day long. For quads...
    agreed. based off some squats technique id.say 99% forget front squats. lol

I don't know. I love front squats and the way they develop the teardrops. Hard to mimic that movement.

Front Squats are great. I personally find that high reps is a struggle on them due to bar pressing down on clavicles/upper front torso. 6-10 is fine though. It's a beautiful exercise and is nice especially if training on your own.
    D E S T R O Y

Quote Originally Posted by Rjackd1 View Post
    I don't know. I love front squats and the way they develop the teardrops. Hard to mimic that movement.
    sissy squat with a plate holded up against your chest for that, but it's still a squat or form of it...

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    Front Squats are great. I personally find that high reps is a struggle on them due to bar pressing down on clavicles/upper front torso. 6-10 is fine though. It's a beautiful exercise and is nice especially if training on your own.
    wrap your towel around the bar, lee priest used to do that and it really works.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool90 View Post
    wrap your towel around the bar, lee priest used to do that and it really works.
    Just wait until you get high enough reps OR most of all start building up strength that way, that towel will mess up eventually.

Banned

I squat, I probably squat more than anyone here on MD

Quote Originally Posted by Sexybeast777 View Post
    Yawn.,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Sexybeast777 View Post
    About eight fiddy?

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast