Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Victor Martinez, Jon Delarosa & Juan Morel Train Arms - Part 1 & 2!

Quote Originally Posted by sma View Post
    Question for jon or juan. How did you know what worked for you did you experiment with a technique, rep scheme for an amount of time and take measurements. Or was it a type of feeling I would like to know how one goes about KNOWING what works best for them ... Thanks I really appreciate that.
    For me it changes all the time. There really is no rep scheme or type of workout that has worked better than any other for me. It was just always trying to stimulate the muscle being worked effectively. Recently I've taken a more heavy volume training approach.

Quote Originally Posted by tjoe View Post
    Since it seems to be the topic:
    I can't speak for the 3 of these guys but I am willing to bet that they train differently from time to time. Ronnie was one of the only guys that seemed to do the same thing the same way for years and years. Then again, why would he change a damn thing!? lol
    Jay seems to be one of the guys that changes things all the time. I've seen several of his videos. Always noticed how in one video, it's heavy basic stuff. In another it's really squeezing the muscle. In another it's all about pre exhausting, etc.
    To watch 15 minutes of these guys training and think that must be what they do all the time is ridiculous imo. They could say I'm wrong I suppose but I'm just taking a shot in the dark.
    Pretty smart dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Trey Dunbar View Post
    Hey guys, just to let you know.... Id be Mr. Olympia in the 20's... if there was in fact an Olympia then.
    Lmao! Too funny! Can I say that I could have won 6 nba championships if I were 6'7' and played for the lakers?!

image.jpg Hey Juan, I noticed that line in your right bicep and I noticed it because I have the same thing in my right. I hate it because it makes my arm look weird when it's hanging down at my side. It's even more noticeable when I have a pump on my bicep. Doesn't show when I'm doing a front double bicep though. Have you ever had it looked at? I've always wonder if I had a slight tear or was it that way from some kind of nerve damage. It became visible when my arms got bigger
    I stop me....no one else does.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRJohnson View Post
    image.jpg Hey Juan, I noticed that line in your right bicep and I noticed it because I have the same thing in my right. I hate it because it makes my arm look weird when it's hanging down at my side. It's even more noticeable when I have a pump on my bicep. Doesn't show when I'm doing a front double bicep though. Have you ever had it looked at? I've always wonder if I had a slight tear or was it that way from some kind of nerve damage. It became visible when my arms got bigger
    Yes the line is not a tear always had it it's a split in the bicep, shape of my biceps. Have it in both Arms

Since it seems to be the topic:
    I can't speak for the 3 of these guys but I am willing to bet that they train differently from time to time. Ronnie was one of the only guys that seemed to do the same thing the same way for years and years. Then again, why would he change a damn thing!? lol
    Jay seems to be one of the guys that changes things all the time. I've seen several of his videos. Always noticed how in one video, it's heavy basic stuff. In another it's really squeezing the muscle. In another it's all about pre exhausting, etc.
    To watch 15 minutes of these guys training and think that must be what they do all the time is ridiculous imo. They could say I'm wrong I suppose but I'm just taking a shot in the dark.
    Yeah I train pretty much the same way every workout and always making good gains when I train with someone else I'll try there routine but my training is always the same I actually don't train biceps heavy, I use to for years and never made good gains switched it to lighter and more controled and made huge gains. You did make a very good point I believe that we can train in many different says and make extreme gains as long as muscle is being stimulated

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Delarosa View Post
    Lmao! Too funny! Can I say that I could have won 6 nba championships if I were 6'7' and played for the lakers?!
    lol. Was that fkn guy serious?

Quote Originally Posted by stingray23 View Post
    lol. Was that fkn guy serious?
    Yes. Yes he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross Erstling View Post
    Do you know me, have you seen me, or are you just making empty judgements? If this were the 80's, I would be on the Olympia stage haha sorry I don't want to look like a mutant.
    You are hysterical, where will you be performing next?

Juan should get the "most improved" award, the guy keeps making giant leaps forward
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Delarosa View Post
    Pretty smart dude!
    Thanks. I have my moments. lol

Quote Originally Posted by JUAN-DIESEL View Post
    Yeah I train pretty much the same way every workout and always making good gains when I train with someone else I'll try there routine but my training is always the same I actually don't train biceps heavy, I use to for years and never made good gains switched it to lighter and more controled and made huge gains. You did make a very good point I believe that we can train in many different says and make extreme gains as long as muscle is being stimulated
    I recall an article or video with Dave P. that said the arms were a bit different because it's easy for other muscle to take over. He was a big fan of isolation moves with the cables and higher reps to really focus on the arms vs heavy bb curls and close grips etc.
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    Juan should get the "most improved" award, the guy keeps making giant leaps forward
    Thanks brother!! Looking forward to getting on stage this year and show of the improvements I made this year

Thanks. I have my moments. lol

I recall an article or video with Dave P. that said the arms were a bit different because it's easy for other muscle to take over. He was a big fan of isolation moves with the cables and higher reps to really focus on the arms vs heavy bb curls and close grips etc.
    Yeah there really isn't a right or wrong I feel everyone needs to find what works for them I have training partners who have huge arms and train them really heavy than some really light and have huge arms as well so just finding what works for you is key!! All that applies to training other bodyparts as well!

Behemoth

Fucking hell, just watched these vids for the first time. Christ, Jon's put some serious timber on!

Juan, I think your legs were considerably larger when you won your pro card compared to last years NY PRO. Have you been working them hard? a lot of people also think they were a bit down-sized compared to your upper body.
    HOPE THIS HELPS

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
    Juan, I think your legs were considerably larger when you won your pro card compared to last years NY PRO. Have you been working them hard? a lot of people also think they were a bit down-sized compared to your upper body.
    what
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
    No way I was 232 when I got my pro card and I was 250 at the New York pro my legs were much improved at the last New York Pro and this year they will be even more improved I can show my update pictures of 2011 compared to 2013 and big difference. One of my first compliments by everyone when I got if stage at the New York pro was my legs.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast