Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dorian Yates: The Iconic Pictures - by Peter McGough

Default Dorian Yates: The Iconic Pictures - by Peter McGough

Dorian Yates: The Iconic Pictures

The 1993 Shots That Caused Shock And Horror

Behemoth

Bloody Youtube won't play the video!

Over 20 years later, those are still some of the freakiest and most inspirational shots in bb history.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Barbarian

I remember walking into Book-A-Million and saw the cover and was in shock! He looked like an action figure. That is still the best shots ever. I wanted to tear up the gym. I also saw him guess pose at 290lbs and the whole place was silent for at least 30 seconds!

that was a long ago. I wondered how in the whole wide world did he do that? was it because of the smart training and smart food he ate. I am sure he struggled in the UK- it was hard times over at that time. But still he must lived something to believe in and that he won the O. i hope he will write a book about it...i will buy it and read it. lol he was the man with few words...didn't talk much. You tube worked fine for me.. keep trying..

Always will be the most inspiring period of bodybuilding to me. Dorian's workouts and that temple gym...blood and guts video.

In the book "Muscle" by Hotten it is described how Yates lived to be the best. Total seclusion and dedication, like Ronnie and Jay in their prime.

Behemoth

Quote Originally Posted by BBWW View Post
    that was a long ago. I wondered how in the whole wide world did he do that? was it because of the smart training and smart food he ate. I am sure he struggled in the UK- it was hard times over at that time. But still he must lived something to believe in and that he won the O. i hope he will write a book about it...i will buy it and read it. lol he was the man with few words...didn't talk much. You tube worked fine for me.. keep trying..
    If your a fan of Yates there's an relatively recent interview on Youtube well worth watching. Of all the interviews I've seen of him this one I enjoyed the most. He seems really relaxed, open and content. This may have something to do with the interviewers not being from a bobybuilding background. The video runs for 100 mins but is completely absorbing. For those interested and who haven't seen it I'll try and attach the link.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fNqR-Ifj7xQ

Still a completely awe inspiring sight 21 years on.
    Confirm what I already know

D E S T R O Y

Behemoth

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    Still looks frightening! The fact the recent Flex Lewis pictures have drawn comparisons to these is an incredible compliment to him. Flex did look awesome but my one reservation i have is that they were mirror shots unlike these.

Paul K, thanks for the link of the U tube. I will check it out later. dorian was different from the rest. it reminds me the book called the purple cow... just because he was different from the crowd. lol. thanks again.

Behemoth

Paul K, thanks for the link of the U tube. I will check it out later. dorian was different from the rest. it reminds me the book called the purple cow... just because he was different from the crowd. lol. thanks again.
    He's seems more relaxed in this interview than I've seen him before. Can't put my finger on why. Didn't expect I'd sit through the whole thing but it is gripping stuff and couldn't force mysef away. Hope you enjoy it. The bloke is a hero of mine!

Paul K. I am sure he is your hero. U know I love the brits cause you guys speak differently than we do. I am from AL and we all talk way too southern and it kind of drives me crazy. haha. I have watched some of the British movies and I noticed one thing that you guys have is manners. you guys have the best manners I have seen than anyone else. we are loud and rude. we do need to correct our manners as much as possible. I still love my Americans, but we need better manners today. lol.

Behemoth

Paul K. I am sure he is your hero. U know I love the brits cause you guys speak differently than we do. I am from AL and we all talk way too southern and it kind of drives me crazy. haha. I have watched some of the British movies and I noticed one thing that you guys have is manners. you guys have the best manners I have seen than anyone else. we are loud and rude. we do need to correct our manners as much as possible. I still love my Americans, but we need better manners today. lol.
    Hahahaha, I like your direct approach. Us Brits were once known for our 'stiff upper lips' meaning our conservatism and for showing a lack of emotion. That is sadly changing due to popular cultural changes influenced by reality TV such as the X Factor. It's now fashionable to be pathetic and cry at every opportunity. I often wonder what our recent ancestors would make of it! Fewer tears were probably shed at the blitzing of an entire town during one of the world wars than during an episode of that bollacks!

You'd be suprised how correct and almost Victorian a lot of Southern States accents can sound to a Brit. Some are a joy to listen to, but yes some are brash.
    Confirm what I already know

Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    You'd be suprised how correct and almost Victorian a lot of Southern States accents can sound to a Brit. Some are a joy to listen to, but yes some are brash.
    I really like Southern accents, especially from women -- there's something melodic about the delivery. There's also something innately polite about how they speak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast