Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Top Protein Supplements - Why Whey Ranks Among Them

  1. #1
    Administrator Nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    noisserped
    Posts
    17,625
    Gender
    Male

    Default Top Protein Supplements - Why Whey Ranks Among Them


  2. #2
    Nobody
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Question:
    why many bodybuilders professionals who consume large amounts of protein supplements are with liver and kidney problems?

    Answer:

    Protein supplements (whey, cassein, milk, soy) provide a BPS ( Body Protein Synthesis) of 16% NNU ( Net Nitrogen Utilization) and release 84% nitrogen catabolites.

    A protein NNU is the unit of measurement for BPS. It is calculated through a methodology known as “body nitrogen balance”.

    This means that only 16% of their constituent amino acids act as precursors of BPS. Meanwhile, the remaining 84% are catabolized, thus releasing nitrogen catabolites and energy. Nitrogen catabolites affect the liver and kidneys. A dietary
    protein nutritional value can be evaluated by four parameters: the percentage
    of its digestibility, the percentage of its NNU for BPS, the amount of its
    released energy, and the percentage of its released nitrogen catabolites.

  3. #3
    Barbarian Beachbody45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    419
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I recently saw an Internet news article about casein protein. It didn't go into much detail, but said it is almost as bad as cholesterol in causing arterial damage. It looks like isolate whey protein is the best to take. Most brands have 0 cholesterol.
    1700 years ago, supermen walked on earth. They called themselves Goths.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •