Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 54546474849505152535455

Thread: CMC191 Training Log Progress

I have not been consistent with the gym lately. I still get in at least 3 times a week and make sure everything is getting worked but I have not been as motivated the last 2 or 3 weeks. No real goal in mind, but on the same note; body comp hasn't really changed. Bicep tendonitis and that clavicle issue arose about a month ago and it hindered the workouts, so I figured I would ease up.

A few new changes will also be happening in the next 2 months, so my thoughts/worries are getting in the way somewhat.

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

I know you know but the gym would be good for those "worries". Maybe not so much the weights even but some good hard cardio for short time or intervals will clear the mind pretty well.

Sometimes those breaks are needed. I think I'm just too thick to know when myself.
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

Oh yeah I use the gym for mental clarity for sure. When I say worries and thoughts getting in the way, I'm meaning it towards not keeping me on a particular goal in mind. After January I will be away from my family a good bit until my wife can get out of her contract so right now it is just messing with my head. It'll kill me to be away from my little girl but it's what has to be done for the mean time. But yeah the gym is still my stress reliever, but I'm just not focused on it at the moment

Know how that shit is brother. I struggle with mental demons consistantly but go through periods where it overwhelms and consumes. Beyond my own insecurities, its hatred , bitterness, frustration with the world, despite not directly engaging anyone outside my small circle. My fight has never really been against the people that I despise but against myself. People exist but Im way too consumed dealing with the insanity within. Still my rage does peak at times. Rage is the type of thing that poisons everything else, internally. Though when Im in a wiser state of mind I see things more broad and that dissipates hate. Unfortunately I mostly revert back to the way Ive programmed myself to get through.

Regardless of the issue or severity, it can really bring you down. To the point of not giving a fuck and having zero motivation to even participate in life. During those periods I sleep heavily and become extremely tired. Much more than usual. So I know how blocking out mental demons doesnt really work long term. You feel as though youve dealt with it but its buried deeper, eating you away slowly. It helps me to balance shit out now. Right now I just dont have the fucking drive to train and eat. Its mostly very forced just to train twice or three times a week right now. Just dont give a fuck at this point.

Itll always be there when the time is right. Muscle always comes back for the most part. I would only train in as far as it serves you, and not the other way around. Ive also reached a point where I really feel the futility of my training efforts. You can really only go so far without pumping anabolics and food. I will never spend thousands a month on anabolics like many do. I also realise that even if I get larger and stronger I really gain nothing worthwhile at this point. Doesnt really do shit for me mentally anymore. I used to think that I could deal with my mental demons by escaping my physical body. Not everyone has that motive for training, but I think all things can be applied to any situation. Ultimately its much more useful to focus on things of real value, I believe. Weight lifting was always a distraction for me and a way to deal with my mind. Never what I truly enjoyed. For me it was very forced. I only enjoy lifting extremely heavy and breaking records. The rest I despise. So its never been for me.

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT !!

Yeah this is just a little bump in the road. Nothing serious that I can't get over. It definitely has my mind on other things than workout splits and dieting at the moment, but no biggie haha.

I'll be back in the groove of things when the times right.

Quote Originally Posted by CMC191 View Post
    Yeah this is just a little bump in the road. Nothing serious that I can't get over. It definitely has my mind on other things than workout splits and dieting at the moment, but no biggie haha.

I'll be back in the groove of things when the times right.

Yea, shit like that comes in phases, like injuries. Just a matter of time.

KILL THAT SHIT

Been a good while since I’ve posted. I still keep track of md on a regular basis. Everything is good on my part still. Working out 4-5 times a week and staying with a consistent workout plan. Cheat/shoulders on Tuesday. Back on Thursday. Biceps and triceps on Saturday. And legs on Sunday. Food has been 2 liquid meals and 2-3 regular meals. Seems to be the easiest to stick to. Protein is at least 200gms daily. Carbs range from 200-400 depending on bodypart worked and fat is not really counted but kept in check. Staying in decent shape and still keeping my size. All is good. Hope everyone is doing well

Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 54546474849505152535455