Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jon Delarosa Update - 9.5 Weeks Out from the Arnold Classic Brazil 2014

Spotter

Ok, thanks for the reply Jon.

John, you have a naturally cheerful 'just having a great time' face, I've never seen you not smiling. Do you think that adopting a bad-mutha face might engage the judges as to your seriousness to place. I'm wondering if this was behind Phil's snarling and stage games. I guess it comes into the catagory of thigh slaps (Branch), serratus fanning (Levrone), separation pointing (Jay) and regal nodding to left, right and center (Ronnie) that the top guys stamp their presence with. With your stupid thickness you could be a bully.
    Confirm what I already know

Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    John, you have a naturally cheerful 'just having a great time' face, I've never seen you not smiling. Do you think that adopting a bad-mutha face might engage the judges as to your seriousness to place. I'm wondering if this was behind Phil's snarling and stage games. I guess it comes into the catagory of thigh slaps (Branch), serratus fanning (Levrone), separation pointing (Jay) and regal nodding to left, right and center (Ronnie) that the top guys stamp their presence with. With your stupid thickness you could be a bully.
    Your probably right and my wife also says that I should be more aggressive on stage as well. I think that has a lot to do with that I am truly living my dream growing to as a child wanting to be a bodybuilder and sometimes I can't help but feel blessed. That, and I love to compete in any sport I've ever played a part in. That in itself leaves me with a smile from ear to ear. With that said this year has put me through a lot of change and my views have slightly shifted from that of a fan living his dream competing with guys he wanted to look like to now realizing, fuck, these other guys don't care who is competing with them or who they share the stages history with! It's about being number 1! I want to be the best just like everyone else but Being number 1 brings in checks to pay the bills and I have a family to feed just like the rest of them. So, this year expect to see a bit of a different me on stage!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Delarosa View Post
    Your probably right and my wife also says that I should be more aggressive on stage as well. I think that has a lot to do with that I am truly living my dream growing to as a child wanting to be a bodybuilder and sometimes I can't help but feel blessed. That, and I love to compete in any sport I've ever played a part in. That in itself leaves me with a smile from ear to ear. With that said this year has put me through a lot of change and my views have slightly shifted from that of a fan living his dream competing with guys he wanted to look like to now realizing, fuck, these other guys don't care who is competing with them or who they share the stages history with! It's about being number 1! I want to be the best just like everyone else but Being number 1 brings in checks to pay the bills and I have a family to feed just like the rest of them. So, this year expect to see a bit of a different me on stage!
    It's a fine line. Someone in good shape has the right to showcase and push their presence. A lower placer would quickly look impertinent shouldering the upper placers and generally grandstanding. But I agree with your wife, Jon Delarosa is too well known for being 'that easy going cheerful guy' and your physique is saying something a lot more serious. I hesitate to say exactly how as shit is easily overdone or misinterpreted. The 'fan living the dream' vs the 'my job, my pay check' as you put it yourself is the natural progression. Probably would happen anyway like pros in any field.
    Confirm what I already know

looking soft
    "im the next big thing" --J.G.

Quote Originally Posted by pistolthedon View Post
    looking soft
    Soft for what?
    He 9 weeks out.

looking great mate!!! would love you to come to the uk sometime !! would be an honour to meet you.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123