Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Imloring all Contest Pre Coaches, big and small

Default Imloring all Contest Pre Coaches, big and small

Many of us prep clients for a living, whether it be a small or large part of our living. From local level to Pro level. This is NOT to promote myself, but to start holding all coaches accountable and hopefully raise the bar and force them to do more. Many are riding their reputations now and getting laxed. They build their business to a certain level and start looking at clients like dollar signs and more like "you need me more than i need you".

What stimulated this post today......

I will NOT name the "guru" so dont ask. I am not here to take shots. But........

I could NOT BELIEVE i got my second email this week asking how to use insulin because this well known coach gave a TIME to use insulin without explaining ANYTHING about it. Literally NOTHING. Not amount, not type, not administration, not nutrients, not countermeasures in case of complication, NOTHING. This blew my fucking mind.

YOU COULD KILL SOMEONE!.....not hurt....KILL!

Guys...please do not make the mistake of assuming your clients know shit or will research it. This is what you are paid for. Just because something is simple to you now does not mean it always was. Think back to when you were first learning. Especially with certain things....

Take the time to explain things to your clients and educate them. If you are good this will not make them less dependent on you as many of you fear. This will actually earn you MORE respect. If you are really that good you probably possess more knowledge than you could ever teach and will be constantly still learning. You probably got into this because you love it....dont forget that.

AGAIN....this is not a promo post or to put anyone down. I NEVER step on toes or steal clients, as many of you can attest to from emailing me while working with someone else. If you have an issue with your coach do not fear expressing that to them. They are sometimes unaware of your concerns unless you express them. You are paying them. Ask all the questions you want. If the answers arent satisfactory SAY SO.

Rant Ended.....hopefully this is the start of raising the bar in this field......
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

The market is saturated with Exercise Phys degree's and Certifications, that will allow idiots out there just doing what it takes to make a dollar anymore.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by niubodybuilder05 View Post
    The market is saturated with Exercise Phys degree's and Certifications, that will allow idiots out there just doing what it takes to make a dollar anymore.
    very true... but the way i see it is if you get sold by the salesman without doing your research or testing their product (knowledge) then you deserve it lol

you dont need to be a rocket scientist to get unbiased referrals (clients are biased 95% of time)

biggest problem is inflated reputations (taking on people who are 95% of the way there, taking them the rest of the way effortlessly then taking all the credit) this is often done FREE or sometimes even PAID (to competitor) to inflate reputation. Boy do i have loads of emails as proof of solicitation haha

i didnt want to start a bashing thread but i have a feeling il be lured into it lol...

Build up a large enough clientele and you will send out cookie cutter shit just like the other schmoes... by the way you post on hear and your vids you can see your not the most modest person I have ever seen.

Note to potential clients: don't hire someone for insulin advice who advertises it on a forum

LOL I know the coach that did this.

Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Fuller View Post
    LOL I know the coach that did this.
    I can guess....

It's crazy that a coach someone is paying for recommends the use of insulin without explaining how to use it! It's his job ffs. This stuff can literally kill if not used properly

Frightening. What did he say? 'just take a bunch of insulin'? Anyway, it doesn't surprise me. A lot of coaches are great; but some do just look at clients like $$$ signs.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by FLIP View Post
    Build up a large enough clientele and you will send out cookie cutter shit just like the other schmoes... no chance in hell... i dont even take a big workload as this is not my primary income... and i USUALLY only take bodybuilders and pass the rest to my partner (hes DEF better with woman)

by the way you post on hear and your vids you can see your not the most modest person I have ever seen.

Note to potential clients: don't hire someone for insulin advice who advertises it on a forum
    modesty isnt a strong point of mine (im too loud and outspoken and believe in myself) but im also honest. if someone has me beat in an area i admit it fully.

Fair enough

Freak of Nature Lorenzo Marinčić's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TooPowerful4u View Post
    modesty isnt a strong point of mine (im too loud and outspoken and believe in myself) but im also honest. if someone has me beat in an area i admit it fully.
    Believe it or not I find this to be a great attitude

Where I'm from,every 50 kg frustrated boy who can't put on 1 kg of muscle,suddently becomes a personal trainer.For some change,he can get a PT degree wich basically is toilet paper,for me. And surprise-surprise,lots of people hire them because they have visible abs and are lean(of course he's lean his weight is 50 Fkin kgs). One aproached me in the gym last year and started to say that what I'm doing is wrong and he will help me get on track,and asked for money of course. So I thought about it for a few minutes and made a decision and gave him a uppercut as down payment. I'm really shocked how PT's over there in the US rely so much on drugs...
    "If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize."

i know this isnt the most interesting of threads but hopefully enough people saw this to make some difference.

Banned

Sneaky way to promote your "prepping services", TooPowerful4u. Bashing another coach and making it seem like you know much better regarding prepping clients.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Brown View Post
    Sneaky way to promote your "prepping services", TooPowerful4u. Bashing another coach and making it seem like you know much better regarding prepping clients.
    actually im busy enough and i hand over a good amt of clients so no. this also isnt my main income. hence why anywhere i list my services it clearly says SERIOUS ONLY. i dont prep/diet anyone who isnt highly motivated.

i honestly have just been aggrivated about the lack of effort from a lot of wannabe coaches and the insulin thing ticked me off. the goal is to raise the bar and force coaches to be held to a higher standard. if that means exposing the slackers or the undereducated so be it. il make a few enemies to save many people who really want this time, money and keep them from being "sold"

types of "coaches" i hate

- instagram cookie cutter know nothings. i know of a few (im sure there is many) selling one time diets for $99+ that are completely generic. Every diet is the absolute same. And worse, one guy from Miami had a female competitor my partner preps write a womans diet then sold thousands of it on IG. Frustrating and pathetic. These guys are usually great at marketing and make cool motivational pictues and draw people into their little con

- competitors who compete for a few years, do decent then think that qualifies them to prep people. Many of them have the most basic of knowledge. I did this in my early years for a few friends... but i did it FREE. I dont believe you should take peoples money unless you are GOOD.

- people who have never competed. if you havent stepped on stage you shouldnt be coaching others to. People who have never competed wont see the big deal, but those of us who have know exactly why this is how most of us feel.

- Starvation coaches. This is mostly done to women. Over cardio under eating. Some of the diets i have seen will infuriate you. Women can be difficult.... so just simply dont prep them if you cant!

- Inflated reputations. Theyl offer free services to people who are almost pro then take full credit for the card when they win. Some do this more than others. Iv seen one guru at Nationals one year take someone (actually approached him) who has never been their client and was the favorite anyway, load him dry him out then take credit for it in an interview. Others are forced into saying a certain coach preps them POLITICALLY, never follows the diet or anything they write and the coach takes credit for the results.

I dont plan to be doing prep many years, but hopefully in this time i can be successful both with myself and clients and leave behind a higher standard so that these things dont happen as often.

Freak of Nature Lorenzo Marinčić's Avatar

Lee did that with hany back in 2010...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast