Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Jeepers ! Just found this YT vid about RIP bodybuilders ....

Exclamation Jeepers ! Just found this YT vid about RIP bodybuilders ....

http://www (dot) youtube (dot) com/watch?v=K9FR9_IydEg

Holy smokes.... some of them were so young.... depression... cancer.... heroin.... sheesh !

Is that the future of this hobby ? Dead before 65 ?

How is Heroin use, depression and cancer directly related to this hobby, son?

Spotter

Seriously you said it yourself what has this hobby got to do with heroin and cancer? some people..

Quote Originally Posted by JohanLagerström View Post
    Seriously you said it yourself what has this hobby got to do with heroin and cancer? some people..
    Nubain screwed alot of people up in the 90's. I lost a good friend.

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by lou0178 View Post
    Nubain screwed alot of people up in the 90's. I lost a good friend.
    And may he rest in peace but wth has it got to do with bodybuilding? I'm def not doing heroine and noone of my friends are either.

Quote Originally Posted by TX_Iron View Post
    http://www (dot) youtube (dot) com/watch?v=K9FR9_IydEg

Holy smokes.... some of them were so young.... depression... cancer.... heroin.... sheesh !

Is that the future of this hobby ? Dead before 65 ?

Some of the deaths of BB is/was not due to steroids or drugs. Ray McNeill was killed by his crazy wife Sally who ended up in jail. Some of the other BB died of cancer due to ?, so we can't assume drugs. But yeah sadly some like Benaziz died of dehydration/electrolyte imbalance attempting to get as cut as possible and one of the Mentzer brothers committed suicide after hearing of the death of his brother.
    LIFE IS FOR LEARNING...LET THE FOOLS REMAIN STUPID

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    How is Heroin use, depression and cancer directly related to this hobby, son?

Paul Demayo entered into extreme DEPRESSION after stopping his Test/drug use, he started using drugs to satisfy his depression and either too much drugs or a bad batch led him to overdose... I can't remember if his death was due to Heroin, but heroin has changed as is much stronger than previous types and one can easily overdose, so this may have been the case with him
    LIFE IS FOR LEARNING...LET THE FOOLS REMAIN STUPID

Quote Originally Posted by HERCULES1X View Post

Some of the deaths of BB is/was not due to steroids or drugs. Ray McNeill was killed by his crazy wife Sally who ended up in jail. Some of the other BB died of cancer due to ?, so we can't assume drugs. But yeah sadly some like Benaziz died of dehydration/electrolyte imbalance attempting to get as cut as possible and one of the Mentzer brothers committed suicide after hearing of the death of his brother.
    Thanks for posting the video. People used nubain to diet on, and it turned many into heroin addicts. I thought the Mentzers both died of kidney failure.

Paul Demayo entered into extreme DEPRESSION after stopping his Test/drug use, he started using drugs to satisfy his depression and either too much drugs or a bad batch led him to overdose... I can't remember if his death was due to Heroin, but heroin has changed as is much stronger than previous types and one can easily overdose, so this may have been the case with him
    I remember reading an interview where Demayo was saying that it was so easy to jump on heroin for his long relationship with needles...really sad btw

So steroids are the "gateway" drug now?

Quote Originally Posted by OZ1972 View Post
    I remember reading an interview where Demayo was saying that it was so easy to jump on heroin for his long relationship with needles...really sad btw
    I am sorry but I don't see how injecting yourself in a muscle with test can lead to injecting into vein with heroin. There is no correlation whatsoever, besides the fact that if you are into recreational drugs and have addictive personality you may end up being a heroin addict.

Quote Originally Posted by lou0178 View Post
    Thanks for posting the video. People used nubain to diet on, and it turned many into heroin addicts. I thought the Mentzers both died of kidney failure.
    I thought they both had heart attacks. I assumed that post must have meant some other Mentzer brother.
    In the sea of heavy metal, you are plankton.

That sounds like a weak-willed person, not somebody who was directly affected by the bodybuilding lifestyle in such a way that lead him to an inevitable heroin addiction and death.