Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Australia Pro Scorecards

  1. #1
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default Australia Pro Scorecards






  2. #2
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    So the cards reflect the judges were not unanimous for places after first.

  3. #3
    Iron Addict guruhonza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,779
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    that's nice to hear... for once
    Lance Armstrong is a winner.
    Chael Sonnen to be next president.

  4. #4
    Freak of Nature Lorenzo Marinčić's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    my avi
    Posts
    13,231
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guruhonza View Post
    that's nice to hear... for once
    definitely a good change yeah...seems it was close with evan and bonac..

  5. #5
    Juggernaut GeorgeUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,603
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Good score cards. Nothing wrong with judges having a different opinion.
    D E S T R O Y

  6. #6
    Pro-Primal
    Guest

    Default

    David Henry got screwed.

  7. #7
    Iron Addict guruhonza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,779
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    Good score cards. Nothing wrong with judges having a different opinion.
    I think it's very weird when you have it like - 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 ... Pick 5 random bodybuilding experts - Dennis James, Palumbo, Ray, Lonnie Teper and Giles Thomas and let them judge a show - You'll get different placings and those guys are in it 10 years, 20 years or even longer...
    Lance Armstrong is a winner.
    Chael Sonnen to be next president.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Primal View Post
    David Henry got screwed.
    He's just not the giant killer he thinks he is.

  9. #9
    Forum Legend RockyIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami,Florida
    Posts
    39,577
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Evan got a gift in 3rd place
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

  10. #10
    Juggernaut
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,607
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    Evan got a gift in 3rd place
    don't agree. He looked better than Branch....just like at the Arnold.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guruhonza View Post
    I think it's very weird when you have it like - 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 ... Pick 5 random bodybuilding experts - Dennis James, Palumbo, Ray, Lonnie Teper and Giles Thomas and let them judge a show - You'll get different placings and those guys are in it 10 years, 20 years or even longer...
    Of all the different roles I've played in the media and supplement biz I think judging was actually my least favourite! So much pressure and responsibility to get it right and yet so little time to do it at times...I'm a nervous wreck after! And it's so so much harder than you would think until you actually do it yourself...hence why when I see a decision I don't agree with I don't go ape shit...

  12. #12
    Juggernaut GeorgeUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,603
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guruhonza View Post
    I think it's very weird when you have it like - 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 ... Pick 5 random bodybuilding experts - Dennis James, Palumbo, Ray, Lonnie Teper and Giles Thomas and let them judge a show - You'll get different placings and those guys are in it 10 years, 20 years or even longer...
    You might get different results but then again they might give the same results. Unlike Giles, it was judging contests I found easier than anything else I've done related to bodybuilding. You get the best seats in the house, you get to call who you want, you can swap the side a bodybuilder stands on. You have it in the power to make a decision based on all the variables in front of you. 7 compulsory poses is a very handy odd number. The worst judges are the ones who get fixated by ONE physique aspect. The best ones can see the whole thing. They look at the body as a whole and not just the triceps, biceps, lats, abs, thighs etc. I'd have still put Evan ahead of Branch based on what I saw.
    D E S T R O Y

  13. #13
    Colemanesque Beti ona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    22,105
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    Of all the different roles I've played in the media and supplement biz I think judging was actually my least favourite! So much pressure and responsibility to get it right and yet so little time to do it at times...I'm a nervous wreck after! And it's so so much harder than you would think until you actually do it yourself...hence why when I see a decision I don't agree with I don't go ape shit...
    I agree.

    I think it's physically impossible to judge so quickly as have judges. We have pictures, we can stop video for analyze and often is difficult to decide a winner.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •