Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phil Heath Guest Posing at the NPC Northeast Summer Classic 2014

Default Phil Heath Guest Posing at the NPC Northeast Summer Classic 2014

I know the "narrow frame" issue has been beaten to death, but with that size on that bone structure, Heath officially looks stupid now, and not in a good way. No "wow" factor with that very narrow structure (ala Kai), yet no longer looks remotely esthetic, thus lacking both the "mega freak factor", as well as the "pleasing look factor". Worst of both worlds.

If his waist/obliques shrink down over the next few weeks, he'll look much better, but his front shots here just look very unimpressive, "3-D popping muscle factor" or not.

-lifepulse

He looks like a bad version of An off-season Victor in these pics. What's up with his chest? I've no doubt he can dial it in , but how is what will make that transformation beyond unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by lifepulse View Post
    thus lacking both the "mega freak factor", as well as the "pleasing look factor". Worst of both worlds.
    Bodybuilding used to be about the size and/or aesthetic shape, here we do not see any of the 2 factors.

3 trolls in a row bashing mr olympia. Can't wait to see what more short bus riders have to say next!

phil is in better shape at 10weeks out than victor has been in his last 3 olympia appearances, and of course his waist is going to come in significantly from now till the show. he's 10 effin' weeks out. lol
    instagram: fit4payne_benthebuilder

his lats look a little fuller but other than that no noticeable improvements. As previously stated, no 'wow' factor. I'm wondering if his frame is maxed out for quality muscle growth?

Phil ain't going to look any better...he'll be 3-5lbs heavier (than his 2013 stage competition weight) with slightly less detail, hardness, dryness and striations. He'll still win. The Olympia has already been decided. Only the gullible ones believe anyone else will be given that title come show time.

he looks the same as always that means great.HE is not wide enough.but still great

Phil already has #4 sitting at his house. He will bring the sandow to the olympia show, so they can give it back to him in front of everybody.

same goes for #5,6,7,8,9,10,11, and 12 in a row

Quote Originally Posted by so9956 View Post
    I'm wondering if his frame is maxed out for quality muscle growth?
    He brings six years with muscle growth near 0.

Quote Originally Posted by lastrep View Post
    No chest and massive waist.. let's see what Vegas brings.
    Agreed on the waist. Though I suspect it'll come down closer to the O as he depletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex1247 View Post
    Phil ain't going to look any better...he'll be 3-5lbs heavier (than his 2013 stage competition weight) with slightly less detail, hardness, dryness and striations. He'll still win. The Olympia has already been decided. Only the gullible ones believe anyone else will be given that title come show time.
    Truth.

I'm not impressed because I don't see improvement. Call me a troll though. That doesn't mean he's not impressive in person, I'm just not impressed with his year off. It's really F'd up too because Kai has a wow factor right now, but never seems to bring an unbeatable physique to the O.
    Last edited by majrminer; July 14th, 2014 at 08:42 PM.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Dedicated Noob

Quote Originally Posted by so9956 View Post
    his lats look a little fuller but other than that no noticeable improvements. As previously stated, no 'wow' factor. I'm wondering if his frame is maxed out for quality muscle growth?
    I also wonder whether his frame is starting to look overburdened with muscle. To be sure, Phil never looks all that impressive until the day of the show. However, at last year's O, he looked kind of 'bunched up' in certain shots, a little stubby (I struggle to find the right adjectives to capture what's not quite right with his physique). And, judging from these shots, things seems to have gotten only gotten worse. For instance, in front double bi, his neck is scrunched up and his clavicles look pinched. I think he would do well to hit the shot a little differently, by opening up his chest more and not letting his neck get sucked into his traps. But, I worry that the "being swallowed up by his own muscle" thing he's got going on is just the result of too much muscle meeting not enough frame.

at the very least, his lats have improved
    instagram: fit4payne_benthebuilder

Banned

I could care less who is going to win the Olympia, but that doesn't mean I don't already know Phil is going to win it. You guys are pissing and moaning about his waist? Kai has the worst fucking gut in bodybuilding right now. Wolf blah blah... Ramy blah.... cry me a fucking river. Phil is the best right now, he is no Ronne,but even Ronnie had a huge fucking gut. Watch the show enjoy it, and its THE OFFSEASON!! Phil will dial it in, he is getting pad to, its his job and if he doesn't he will get one freebie.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcharles View Post
    I could care less who is going to win the Olympia, but that doesn't mean I don't already know Phil is going to win it. You guys are pissing and moaning about his waist? Kai has the worst fucking gut in bodybuilding right now. Wolf blah blah... Ramy blah.... cry me a fucking river. Phil is the best right now, he is no Ronne,but even Ronnie had a huge fucking gut. Watch the show enjoy it, and its THE OFFSEASON!! Phil will dial it in, he is getting pad to, its his job and if he doesn't he will get one freebie.
    Someone put his angry pants on...
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Some look amazing during off season.
    Others look amazing when they diet down.
    Phil looks bigger/better on contest day.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast