Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you think our Olympians will represent the sport on NBC?

Default How do you think our Olympians will represent the sport on NBC?

If the ratings dont do well you can be sure itl not air again for a very long time. Another factor is the way its received. Bodybuilding already starts with one foot out the door because of the initial appearance and obvious PED use/abuse. Can anything be done to counteract this? Itl never be mainstream, but can it become more popular?

Do you think NBC will conduct interviews and allow each bodybuilder to articulate themselves and the sport and project intelligence and hard work rather than just the typical perceived meathead image? How many of the Olympians, given the chance, will be actually able to do this?

One can only hope there wont be any elbow bumping, pushing, shoving, fist pumping or anything other than completely professional conduct on stage.

I believe the routines should be more carefully designed as well. Hopefully we dont have any bodybuilders, particularly our prime representative, running around the stage trying to "pump up" the crowd attempting to make bodybuilding seem high energy (which IMO would be received as an aggressive dumb meathead move). Lets face it, this is not football or basketball. I think well thought out, some classical and aesthetic, and thoroughly practice and perfected routines would surely at least portray professionalism and represent something other than the image we are trying to defeat in the public eye.

Or maybe im just dreaming......

Thoughts? Would be actually preferable on this thread to hear what Bob C and Shawn Ray (a real answer not a quick sarcastic sentence) and vets of the sport think about this.....
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

Whats with all the topic starting? Keep yourself busy Phil

Quote Originally Posted by niubodybuilder05 View Post
    Whats with all the topic starting? Keep yourself busy Phil
    busy non stop. client work since 2am, was at gym as it opened at 6am, smashed back for 2hrs. Eating now then more work.

Back to topic
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

My immediate reaction is to say that the image of intelligence and integrity would best serve the bodybuilders, the sport, the event etc. But as I think about it and acknowledge the popularity of shows like "Honey Boo Boo", "The Jerry Springer Show" and "Keeping Up with the Kardashians", I begin to wonder how much it even matters. Personally, I'm not in favor of creating drama just to grab attention. I would LIKE to think that some well articulated statements from the competitors, lively commentary and the dramatic appearance of the physiques would be enough to grab the attention of viewers.

If there is a clear explanation of the amount of work and dedication it takes and the focus is on the "24/7" part of the sport and some idiot announcer does start by asking about DRUGS there is a shot the public might take notice that it's WAY more than what is pecieved now and that it takes serious knowledge to get to that level! Evan nailed it that we are up against "reality"bullshit that sells. He left out duck dynasty!! LOL

OP doesn't take into account that all the footage will be edited since it won't be streamed live like @ bb.com.. those editing will pick whatever he/she deems interesting, relevant, or trending in this industry..

and that is..wait for it, wait for it.. MEN'S FAGSIQUE AND WOMEN'S BIKINI..

They'll probably show like 5 minutes worth of bb'ing lol..

OP thinks bb'ing will be mainstream or ever was at one point..lulz

I remember NBC SportsWorld opening footage was the '82 Olympia with Diana Ross' song "I want muscles" dubbed with voiceover and commentary..

Whoever is in charge of the editing will decide what's deemed fit for general public consumption.. and that's MPD and Bikini at the moment.

There's a reason why Generation Iron flopped at the theaters.. and most of you guys know why.
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

Spotter

Because it had zero mainstream marketing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

For tha win!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    OP doesn't take into account that all the footage will be edited since it won't be streamed live like @ bb.com.. those editing will pick whatever he/she deems interesting, relevant, or trending in this industry..

and that is..wait for it, wait for it.. MEN'S FAGSIQUE AND WOMEN'S BIKINI..

They'll probably show like 5 minutes worth of bb'ing lol..

OP thinks bb'ing will be mainstream or ever was at one point..lulz

I remember NBC SportsWorld opening footage was the '82 Olympia with Diana Ross' song "I want muscles" dubbed with voiceover and commentary..

Whoever is in charge of the editing will decide what's deemed fit for general public consumption.. and that's MPD and Bikini at the moment.

There's a reason why Generation Iron flopped at the theaters.. and most of you guys know why.
    There's our favorite angry old man.
    I stop me....no one else does.

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post

All the marketing in the world couldn't suddenly make bb interesting to the public. The actual contests are seen as a bunch of nearly naked, shaved, oiled up 'roid heads flexing.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    All the marketing in the world couldn't suddenly make bb interesting to the public. The actual contests are seen as a bunch of nearly naked, shaved, oiled up 'roid heads flexing.
    i was a fan of the movie, but this comment essentially covers it.
    instagram: fit4payne_benthebuilder

There has been years of work and effort from Robin Chang to get us back on network TV, and a chance to showcase to the world what we do and what our sport is all about. While we will never be a "mainstream" sport, we dont need to be to have this opportunity be a success. What we need is for everyone in OUR demographics to tune in...from BB to bikini and everyone in between...the amount of people involved in the "fitness industry" is huge.

I can tell you this...I'm not sure of how much of a role I'll have in the production but I will do everything I can to make this a featured event which is looked at as professional and well produced. What we projest to the viewing audience isnt just for this year, it's represents 50 years of tradition and a history of our sport.

OLYMPIA FANS....ARE YOU READYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY...??

Banned

I'm very curious to see who they have narrating or commenting.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this will be a very short and highly edited program that will air really late at night, and it wont be live either...I highly doubt anyone but us meatheads will even know it even happened
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    strongly dissagree.No movie or music can be succsesful wothout any marketing/advertizing.In this crappy world we live in today the marketing is the most important thing.One direction is the worldst most sucseful band even though they cant even sing they have a great marketing machine behind them,this shows than even if you sell shiit,with good marketing everything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but this will be a very short and highly edited program that will air really late at night, and it wont be live either...I highly doubt anyone but us meatheads will even know it even happened
    you are correct,nobody will care but us

Get Arnold involved as part of the marketing. Show bodybuilding as something else than just steroids and muscle, give competitors stories, little glimpse of their journey. I don't mean tha Phil arrogant asswhole, Kai the underdog people's champ they tried doing in generation iron. Just my .02.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast