Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Matarazzo: 1965-2014 - The Fans Favorite Passes

Default Mike Matarazzo: 1965-2014 - The Fans Favorite Passes

Thanks for the article Peter. Must be tough.

Banned

Rip,one of my all-time favorite.very sad to hear this news.

very sad.

Nobody

Very well written. I always loved reading about Mike when I first started lifting in high school. He was always one of my fav. I hate to see that he passed at such a young age.

RIP

Today I bow before Mike Matarazzo who died today. Was too young to ever see him in person compete, even i was old enough, I wouldn't have had the money in my current situation. I read just about every damn article, pictures, videos you name it. It was as if i already knew him. Overall aside from kevin levrone, Mike would have to be my favorite all time pro. Never won a pro show but his charisma, and the love he had for his fans were # 1 . Nobody matched his generosity. Best of all, his posing for the 1999 Mr. Olympia in my eyes was the best posing I ever saw. RIP brother in iron you died taking the price to be what you were and that's what warriors have to do to be the best they can be.
    That's what she said -Michael Scott-

Arrghh... another giant from my FLEX magazine reading moves on..... still holding on to Achim Albrecht, Jean-Pierre Fux, Yates, Eddie Robinson, Paul Dillett... sheeesh

one more for big mike

RIP
    www.leighcarmichael.com

He was the first Pro I had ever seen. It was 1999. I was 16 and mike was in the prime of his career taking top 10 at the Olympia that year. I remember hardly believing what I was seeing when he was guest posing. Looked like he walked right out of a comic book.

He was also very cool and down to earth the other times I met him over the years as he would guest pose here regularly under weider nutrition. He was a true fan of the sport himself.

I remember one year here at the southern USA's he sat at the judges table pretty much through the whole show. Then when the DJ started play'n some elevator music during the pose down, Mike stood up and screamed, "ah c'mon, play some fuck'n rock N roll!"
    Use nsp15 for 15% off all Ironmaglabs products...
    IronMagLabs Bodybuilding Nutrition

Touching article Peter....rest in peace to mike matarazzo....and condolences to his friends and loved one

Never met him, read a lot about him for the last thirteen years or so, his interviews. Have magazines with him in it, old flexes and his massive calves. some quick take a ways and personal things I like about him

-His calves were genetic, his dad has calves as big as him
    -He was raw, uncut,- typical northeastern type - said what was on his mind, didnt hold back, cussed a lot lol Love his accent
    -In an interview like 10-12 years ago around the triple bypass- he recommended do not eat fatty red meat a lot, he used to eat fatty red meat six times a week every meal for years and years, and said that thought that was a big factor in causing his heart issues!

Rip Mike
    Last edited by JohnSmeton; August 17th, 2014 at 10:21 PM.

its incredible he looked and sounded just finee in 2002..i dont know about 2003 correct me if im wrong guys but woww how your health can change in a blink of an eye for the better or for the worse

Quote Originally Posted by JohnSmeton View Post
    Never met him, read a lot about him for the last thirteen years or so, his interviews. Have magazines with him in it, old flexes and his massive calves. some quick take a ways and personal things I like about him

-His calves were genetic, his dad has calves as big as him
    -He was raw, uncut,- typical northeastern type - said what was on his mind, didnt hold back, cussed a lot lol Love his accent
    -In an interview like 10-12 years ago around the triple bypass- he recommended do not eat fatty red meat a lot, he used to eat fatty red meat six times a week every meal for years and years, and said that thought that was a big factor in causing his heart issues!

Rip Mike
    correction meant to write he eat red meat-steak i think six times a day! if I remember that article right, where he said that was probably a big contributing factor

Mass Monster GeorgeForemanRules's Avatar

Best arms since Sergio, and a way cooler person to boot.
    Diversity is a code word for White Genocide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast