Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Next MD Cover: Mr. Olympia Special!

Default Next MD Cover: Mr. Olympia Special!

This year’s Mr. Olympia contest is historic for several reasons. It marks the 50th anniversary of Joe Weider’s vision, where legends are made. And for the first time in many years, the Mr. Olympia will receive primetime television coverage on the NBC Sports Network. The shows will be broadcast as two separate 90-minute productions, airing about three weeks after the actual contest. Now more of the mainstream public will see the hard work and dedication that goes into building a body that is superhuman and is showcased in the most prestigious bodybuilding contest in the world.

Muscular Development has the most comprehensive coverage of the Mr. Olympia contest anywhere in the bodybuilding universe, in our special Mr. Olympia issue this month, and online at musculardevelopment.com for the best contest reporting, results and breaking news. This issue of MD has exclusive content that you’ll see only in Muscular Development.

The biggest show in bodybuilding has had its share of memorable moments in 50 years, and who better to reflect on its history than the great bodybuilding historian and journalist, MD’s Peter McGough? In an exclusive report, “The Untold Story – THE 2014 OLYMPIA: 10 YEARS AFTER.” Peter gives us a behind-the-scenes, never-before-published review of the machinations surrounding the reorganization of the 2004 Mr. Olympia, which changed the bodybuilding landscape forever. Find out how it all happened – how the Challenge Round was created, giving rise to one of the most unique and exciting conclusions to the Olympia in history, and why it was never repeated.

Team MD will be a force to be reckoned with this year in Las Vegas, and some of the most massive and well-conditioned physiques in bodybuilding are putting their heart and soul for the chance to prove they are the best in the world.

In “Team MD Olympia Training Camp,” Ron Harris has exclusive interviews, diets and training programs for Dennis Wolf, Dexter Jackson, Branch Warren, Victor Martinez, Steve Kuclo, Juan Morel, Jonathan De La Rosa, Johnnie Jackson, Jose Raymond, Guy Cisternino, and Aaron Clark. The Team MD athletes also reflect on the honor of competing in the 50th annual Mr. Olympia.

While almost every bodybuilder wants to win the Mr. Olympia contest, it’s the battle for second place between Kai Greene and Dennis Wolf that will likely emerge as the most heated of the weekend this year. In “The Battle Within the Battle” Kai Greene vs. Dennis Wolf,” Dan Solomon looks at the rivalry between Kai and Dennis, leading up to their showdown in Vegas. Will a much-improved Dennis Wolf edge out Kai Green for second place?

Phil Heath is an amazing bodybuilder, with larger-than-life genetics and conditioning that is spot-on. But after three Sandows and increased competition from guys like Dennis Wolf, Kai Greene, 2008 Mr. Olympia Dexter Jackson, and Big Ramy, can Phil Heath bring home another Sandow? Find out in “Has Heath Had His Phil? Will The Gift Go Forth for Four Sandows?,”an exclusive interview with his trainer, Hany Rambod.

Dennis Wolf may prove to be the “X-Factor” in this year’s Mr. Olympia. Ever since he won this year’s Arnold Classic, people have been talking about the improvements that Dennis has made to his physique. One area that Dennis has brought up is chest. Get his complete chest workout and training tips in “Dennis Wolf X-Factor Series – Part 4: Chest.”

All eyes will be on Big Ramy at this year’s Mr. Olympia. He could take the stage in Las Vegas as a bigger, more conditioned and more refined version of the gargantuan, 285-pound winner of this year’s New York Pro. Will Big Ramy be a game changer? In “Ramy: X-Factor or Ex-Factor?” Peter McGough looks at whether Big Ramy will redefine the bodybuilding manual or is what we saw at the New York Pro last May as good as it gets? As Dennis James puts it, “If an 85 percent Ramy can dominate a pro show, a 100 percent version will frighten the bejesus out of the Olympia lineup.”

The rest of the book is packed to the binder as usual – with all the latest and cutting-edge research and information on bodybuilding by the industry experts and insiders who make it all happen. See you at the Olympia!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Blechman, Publisher/Editor-in-Chief
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

"Muscular Development has the most comprehensive coverage of the Mr. Olympia contest anywhere in the bodybuilding universe",

What makes this true? How is MDs coverage any better or different than any other site?

Bodybuilding.com actually streams the two biggest shows, so how is MD better?
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Awesome issue!!

Nice job Steve!

Strength & Honor!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    MD has the best interviewers with Bob Chic,Shawn Ray and Ron Harris..then also up and coming David Baye..
    with Peter McGough giving great insight and input in all aspects of the contests in his writtings.
    MD has the best videos leading up to the contests,and pre and post contest.
    NPCnews also does a good job and RX but MD is still number 1.
    THIS!!!
    Dream big and work hard!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    "Muscular Development has the most comprehensive coverage of the Mr. Olympia contest anywhere in the bodybuilding universe",

What makes this true? How is MDs coverage any better or different than any other site?

Bodybuilding.com actually streams the two biggest shows, so how is MD better?
    Bodybuilding.com also has great interviews, play by plays, reviews, live stage shots, preview and wrapup videos....errrr wait....

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinBB View Post
    Bodybuilding.com also has great interviews, play by plays, reviews, live stage shots, preview and wrapup videos....errrr wait....

But they dont have a Jose Raymond lifestyle video coming up
    Dream big and work hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Del Toro View Post
    But they dont have a Jose Raymond lifestyle video coming up
    BOOM!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

I'll admit that I let my MD print magazine subscription lapse. With this incredible O issue, I'm going start it back up this weekend
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Banned

Awesome!!!!!

Aesthetic_Design

I love md it has a special place in my heart, have been following it well over a decade. But PLLEASE stop photoshopping the bodybuilders. I understand lighting/skin corrections. But please stop manipulating their shape. It takes away from all their hard work.

Can't wait for my kids to watch this on tv!!!! Ty MD

Banned

Nice! too bad I'm not subscribed anymore
    (I still have thousands of old muscle magazines though, MD, Flex, PM, etc)

​WOLF RULES ALL !!!