Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ZMA

Default ZMA

I know that ZMA was popular 10 years ago. I've taken some supplements (and still do) but I was never able to get ZMA because I lived in a foreign country that did not have it available.

I might make a large buy b/c I'm visiting the US. Yes, I've read reviews and feedback, and have read some studied (that all seem to be conducted by the companies that sell it with a doctor).

How many of you members here regularly taking ZMA? Your opinion of it?

it's a no brainer. Costs about $17 per month (not as good deals in Canada...) In US, much cheaper...

Thought it was a waste of money.

ZMA is awesome. Highly recommend. One of the few supplements I use regularly.

Most of us take stuff like Vit. C, b complex but we don't have deficiencies, more of a safe guard.
    If the studies are true, guys who train are deficient in magnesium and the body needs supplementation.
    Pretty sure most high end coaches recommend the stuff. You do sleep better with it as magnesium relaxes the CNS. It's more for cns use in my case, but the cns is the big boss of all, so take care of it!

Quote Originally Posted by ritch View Post
    Most of us take stuff like Vit. C, b complex but we don't have deficiencies, more of a safe guard.
    If the studies are true, guys who train are deficient in magnesium and the body needs supplementation.
    Pretty sure most high end coaches recommend the stuff. You do sleep better with it as magnesium relaxes the CNS. It's more for cns use in my case, but the cns is the big boss of all, so take care of it!
    Good points, ritch.

I take a multi + mineral vitamin, but it's in the early morning with breakfast. (This obviously includes magensium and the Bs). I used to take a mineral by Twin Lab before bed and I slept better (and had colorful vivid dreams). I currently take a super-complex before bed every night which includes B6 of course.

I think taking Magnesium and/or something like ZMA might be helpful for me, because I a middle-aged, and lifting with intensity very regulary.

After 40, the body changes! Recovery a little slower and I even stressed a joint 2 months ago that keeps me from doing BB Upright Rows and BB reverse curls.

I suppose ZMA is water soluble b/c the the vits and mins are.

Quote Originally Posted by sargent View Post
    Good points, ritch.

I take a multi + mineral vitamin, but it's in the early morning with breakfast. (This obviously includes magensium and the Bs). I used to take a mineral by Twin Lab before bed and I slept better (and had colorful vivid dreams). I currently take a super-complex before bed every night which includes B6 of course.

I think taking Magnesium and/or something like ZMA might be helpful for me, because I a middle-aged, and lifting with intensity very regulary.

After 40, the body changes! Recovery a little slower and I even stressed a joint 2 months ago that keeps me from doing BB Upright Rows and BB reverse curls.

I suppose ZMA is water soluble b/c the the vits and mins are.
    yes but it's often said to avoid calcium when taking zma, other say the opposite, lol! I'd say without.
    Ya need ZMA and not the cheap elemental form found in most multi's and reason number one while multi's are crap. A bit of everything, but not enough of much really.
    I believe in timing your stuff as well. And the vit E in multies??? That is best taken in gel caps, it's not in gel caps in the multi....

It won't help you with recovery for joints and stuff though, get cissus or joint force (very good shit) by epharm.

yes but it's often said to avoid calcium when taking zma, other say the opposite, lol! I'd say without.
    Ya need ZMA and not the cheap elemental form found in most multi's and reason number one while multi's are crap. A bit of everything, but not enough of much really.
    I believe in timing your stuff as well. And the vit E in multies??? That is best taken in gel caps, it's not in gel caps in the multi....
    I have D3 in gel. Is Vit E that important?

It won't help you with recovery for joints and stuff though, get cissus or joint force (very good shit) by epharm.

Thanks for the "cissus" and "joint force" recommendation. You are doing so because are believe it works well, eh?

I even tried some Indocine (NSA) for the elboy joint, but I want to stay away from that, even though it's based on "use as needed." Hard on the body.

Edit in:

I think I am getting enough Vit E with foods:

Can you get vitamin E naturally from foods?

Most people get enough vitamin E from food. Good sources of vitamin E include:

• Vegetable oils
    • Green leafy vegetables, like spinach
    • Fortified cereals and other foods
    • Eggs
    • Nuts

http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-su...uide-vitamin-e

Quote Originally Posted by sargent View Post
    I have D3 in gel. Is Vit E that important?

Thanks for the "cissus" and "joint force" recommendation. You are doing so because are believe it works well, eh?

I even tried some Indocine (NSA) for the elboy joint, but I want to stay away from that, even though it's based on "use as needed." Hard on the body.

Edit in:

I think I am getting enough Vit E with foods:
    [/LIST]
    http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-su...uide-vitamin-e
    your diet covers it the vit. E, was just more or less pointing out the poor form of it from multi's....

I use cissus ed, I spray my forearm with joint force one hour before the gym. DO NOT spray that stuff near your throat, had dry skin for 5 days.
    To attempt to heal a given body part, you may need 1 bottle of joint force per week. The best price I found is about $25 in Canada of all places, lol! cdnsupplements.com in US, nutraplanet.com for about the same price.

I'm often one bad move from a neck jam and in 2 days of using it twice a day, it did what 5 days of ibuprophen does but I hate to take ibuprophen..... Plus they say it has stuff to fix injuries, not so sure, but it's really worth a try.

your diet covers it the vit. E, was just more or less pointing out the poor form of it from multi's....
    OK.

I use cissus ed, I spray my forearm with joint force one hour before the gym. DO NOT spray that stuff near your throat, had dry skin for 5 days.
    To attempt to heal a given body part, you may need 1 bottle of joint force per week. The best price I found is about $25 in Canada of all places, lol! cdnsupplements.com in US, nutraplanet.com for about the same price.

I'm often one bad move from a neck jam and in 2 days of using it twice a day, it did what 5 days of ibuprophen does but I hate to take ibuprophen..... Plus they say it has stuff to fix injuries, not so sure, but it's really worth a try.
    Thanks for the info. Yeah, I've been checking prices for Joint Force. I'll go with that. I hope this elbow situation is temporary.

Cheers.

Thats good to know about that joint force supplement, ritch... Thanks for the heads up

Some general info and benefits of Magnesium and Zinc (some of you BBers already know this).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A36ljisYsQ

It's cheap, but the benefits are not yet proven. Studies showing it does, others showing it has 0 results.