Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Olympia 2015 Qualification List

Default Mr. Olympia 2015 Qualification List

Muscle Head

Sixth place does not qualify anymore?

does David Henry not qualify for the 212 since he is a former 212 Olympia? or is it only like that in the open class?...
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!

I wouldnt qualify anyone except the winners...get the superstars out there on the circuit, thats who the fans come out for and pay to see.

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    I wouldnt qualify anyone except the winners...get the superstars out there on the circuit, thats who the fans come out for and pay to see.
    And what about the Athletes, Bob? Placing 2nd at the O isn't good enough for re-qualification in your eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by Guvnor View Post
    And what about the Athletes, Bob? Placing 2nd at the O isn't good enough for re-qualification in your eyes?
    I actually like that idea to be honest...I'd love to see the top 5 guys compete more often, and hey, just another perk of being mr olympia, ur the only one to re qualify ....could work
    Committed To Conquer

Quote Originally Posted by Skwat View Post
    I actually like that idea to be honest...I'd love to see the top 5 guys compete more often, and hey, just another perk of being mr olympia, ur the only one to re qualify ....could work
    But if they compete more fecuencia, they no will bring worst package the day of the Olympia?

Quote Originally Posted by Guvnor View Post

No...it's not. What other sport allows the top superstars to get a pass for the year? Tiger Woods wins the Masters...do you think Golf would give him a vacation until nest years masters?

Im all for the winner getting the distinction...everyone else...sorry, go compete.

We want a bigger base? Bigger fan numbers, bigger prize money, more coverage? Great, then all must do their part to bring up the sport, as a whole.

Imaging the numbers if a superstar has to re-q at the Europa? The Tampa? Weve had a few examples...and every time its a homerun...Branch at the Dallas, Kai in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    But if they compete more fecuencia, they no will bring worst package the day of the Olympia?
    Disagree...I think by competing more often, the "off season" weight is reduced and the frequency of prepping would lead to a better % of coming in ON. Its the infrequency that makes it more difficult, not to mention the stress of it all coming down to 1 day.

People want to know why the guys looked better back in the day? Perhaps the reason that they competed more often...were in better shape to begin with, and was used to dialing it in

No...it's not. What other sport allows the top superstars to get a pass for the year? Tiger Woods wins the Masters...do you think Golf would give him a vacation until next years masters?
    Actually yes. All golf masters winners are qualified for life for this event.

Quote Originally Posted by 2012 View Post
    Actually yes. All golf masters winners are qualified for life for this event.
    Yes, I realize that...Im trying to draw a comparison to BB and the sense that golfers dont disappear from the playing field for a year...theyre out there golfing, competing, drawing attention, increasing fan base, etc.

The guys who's second at the masters has to requalify, doesnt he?

Absolutely! And they are making millions and millions and millions by doing so and do not ruin their health. Smart people...

Quote Originally Posted by 2012 View Post
    Absolutely! And they are making millions and millions and millions by doing so and do not ruin their health. Smart people...
    Trust me bro...If I had to go back....

BANG!!!!!!!!
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Yes, I realize that...Im trying to draw a comparison to BB and the sense that golfers dont disappear from the playing field for a year...theyre out there golfing, competing, drawing attention, increasing fan base, etc.

The guys who's second at the masters has to requalify, doesnt he?
    Better one would be if the NY Rangers didnt win the cup but got to the finals would they be able to just get to the finals again after not playing a whole season.

I WANT THE ANSWER TO BE YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL but its not.

Bullshit...How'd that work out for Phil this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    not good,i'm saying in general.. especially as the guys get up in age and bodybuilders want to do it into near 40's..
    fans can see the top guys guest posing during the year, its just as good.
    Silly Rabbit we all know barely any pros show up to guest poses in shape, so watching an offseason fat bber isnt entertainment imo lol.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast