Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: OLYMPIA POINTS SYSTEM

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Default OLYMPIA POINTS SYSTEM

I was not a fan for the point system when it was started, but have eventually come around to it. You get more guys competinig throughout the year which, for promotors is a good thing.

Now, every bbers goal is to qualify for the O and do well there. But, by having to compete so much throughout the year, makes it harder to be 100% at the O.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    I was not a fan for the point system when it was started, but have eventually come around to it. You get more guys competinig throughout the year which, for promotors is a good thing.

Now, every bbers goal is to qualify for the O and do well there. But, by having to compete so much throughout the year, makes it harder to be 100% at the O.
    phil dint compete and he still wasn't 100% neither was Kai

Quote Originally Posted by jab4240 View Post
    phil dint compete and he still wasn't 100% neither was Kai
    shit happens
    instagram: fit4payne_benthebuilder

I agree. The point system is good. All the IFBB has to think of now is getting the sport to the next level (not mainstream acceptance but more entertainment value). After all, the pro BBers are doing what they have to (read: more drugs) to accelerate the pageant component; now its time to see some action elsewhere in the industry. The Kai vs Phil fiasco was the most entertaining shit I've seen since King Kamali declared war on just about everyone.

i dont need the entertainment side though... seeing two full grown men oiled up bitching about who is too close in a line up is amateur sh1t...
    its a bodybuilding show, i dont give two fcks about WWE style conflicts between bodybuilders and 'rivalry'.
    That just makes me miss the 90's era more when the line up was silenced by one quiet englishman who rocked up and dominated, no drama...

if you want to see fake feuds and arguments, try and resurrect the WBF and have Vince McMahon running the show

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post
    i dont need the entertainment side though... seeing two full grown men oiled up bitching about who is too close in a line up is amateur sh1t...
    its a bodybuilding show, i dont give two fcks about WWE style conflicts between bodybuilders and 'rivalry'.
    That just makes me miss the 90's era more when the line up was silenced by one quiet englishman who rocked up and dominated, no drama...

if you want to see fake feuds and arguments, try and resurrect the WBF and have Vince McMahon running the show
    100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Bulk View Post

Youre implying that this was a made up/ scripted senario...it wasnt. It's called life, and sport...and sometimes competitors are passionate about what they do and who is in their way of their goal. So be it.