Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Unique Situation

Nobody

Default Unique Situation

Weight: 270 Body Fat: 38%
    Height: 5’9”

Short Term Goal: 250lbs Body Fat: 30% (6 months)
    Long Term Goal: 200lbs Body Fat: Low 20's

Hello everyone…I am hoping I can get some advice, direction, and suggestion’s for my situation.

I need to lose weight, in Feb I was 305lbs. I have been watching what I eat (and I don’t mean from the plate to my mouth) cut out all of the crap and eating a lot healthier and cleaner. I try to keep it between 2000 and 2300 calories a day. Thanks Evan (Centopani) for posting the nutritional video’s, those have helped a lot, although I still can't do the liver!

Anyway, I started going to the gym using the treadmill and lifting. In the past 2 months I have hit a wall in my weight loss. I have been at the 268 – 272lbs and body fat at the same level. I have been doing light lifting, using time under tension and lots of reps with low to medium weights. Then after working out I try to do 30 to 40 minutes on the treadmill. I do this 4 times a week.

Now this is where it gets unique, everything I have read says to just do more cardio or lots of different lift involving the legs to help boost metabolism and lose additional weight. I am missing my left leg above the knee (lost it when I was 8) and there is only so much cardio and lower body work I can do, or rather trust my artificial leg to be able to handle. I am unable to run on the treadmill, but I can get up to 2.0 miles per hour on the treadmill with an incline of 3 or 4 degree’s. Anything more than that and I have to really pay attention to the left leg and what it is doing and where it is at. Nothing worse than having to pick yourself up off of the ground after being flung off of the treadmill, not to mention that it hurts!

Other than swimming, which I can do. Bike riding can be an adventure at times, are there other cardio type exercises that I can do or should I start trying to pack on the muscle as opposed to time under tension type of exercises.

Thanks for the time,
    Kevin

First off congrats on what your achievements thus far. In reality I see no reason for you to run for cardio if you can swim or walk as a substitute. As for a diet, many have tried keto and have seen great results. I'm far from a guru but I'm sure some of the guys on this board will be more than happy to help you. Good luck.

yeah you have heart bud thats some solid work done. have u looked into using something along the lines of clenbuterol? Its worth a peak

Quote Originally Posted by BLUELABEL View Post
    yeah you have heart bud thats some solid work done. have u looked into using something along the lines of clenbuterol? Its worth a peak
    LMAO He's 40% bodyfat and you're recommending Clen? That's just wreckless.

Muscle Head

Default Unique Situ

Not to be an ass, but there is absolutely nothing unique about your situation. Join the club, and let this be a lesson to all those young single people looking into HPSP. At least your gf has a flexible enough career