Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How Good is Justin Compton? Future Mr. Olympia?

Default How Good is Justin Compton? Future Mr. Olympia?

He'll be great until he develops a gut hopefully he doesn't
    Last edited by dray24; October 2nd, 2014 at 01:43 PM.

Barbarian

i know this doesnt really answer the question on the thread,though while i was at the Olympia expo i went over to ask him to sign my MD that had him on the cover,he was chilled
    really friendly took the time to talk with me and ask me about whats it like in Europe and the effort which was nice.
    so thanks Justin

Good write up!

I was impressed by his double biceps from the rear.

Honestly, these were the types of conversations I was having about Dorian when at first came 2nd in the NOC then when he ultimately won it. He even gets in shape the same way as him. "When the scales say shredded." None of the coming in full and soft as shit route for him.
    D E S T R O Y

I hope he doesn't set foot on the Olympia stage for a couple of years.
    This guys potential is amazing (although I disagree with Peters assessment that only Heath, Ramy and Comptin can win the Olympia in the future... Cedric Macmillan MUST be in that debate)... and I would rather him challenge for the top spot than come in and bounce around with placements out of the top 6 (or close to it) for the next few years. Use other competitions to gauge success. I admire the way Dorian did it... don't compete in anything unless you are there to WIN and know that you can realistically do so. At such a young age he has time on his side like no other competitor. If you cannot crack the top 3 in the Olympia with your first 3 appearances, chances are you'll never win.... a Ronnie Coleman only comes along once in a century.
    Basically, I think he should compete in the Olympia when he's already won an Arnold and it's obvious he's the legitimate threat to the Sandow before stepping on the stage.

I think the judges get very used to seeing the same physiques on the stage... with so few dramatic changes ocurring physically year after year it tends to fall into the "same old same old" category. They look for the same weaknesses and improvements (see Dennis Wolf) and always compare what they have seen to what they are seeing. Our minds make comparisms to one another even before we see what's before us. Everyone always knew what Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler and Kevin Levrone were going to bring against Dorian. They never brought anything substantially different (just high quality) whereas Dorian (and Ronnie Coleman) always brought a different package. I think that is why they were such great champions, they continued to raise the bar.
    Phil Heath is NOT raising the bar and I think this will be his undoing, he's holding on by the skin of his teeth because of an excellent physique which is getting progressivelly worse... not because of improvements. We have recently seen his increase in mass lead to a smoother and fatter midscetion. This leads me to believe that he's maxed out... or pretty close to it. Comptin has a chance in the future to storm the stage with a new physique that will force comparism. So I think he should strategize and hold off until he has a new kind of WOW factor. This is an advantage in my opinion.
    Remember... Ronnie Coleman lost because his body started to go backwards - not improve. Jay was just around to take it. Then Jay lost because I think he got complacent... Victor kicked his ass but got screwed, then Dexter smoked him. Jay could only win that Sandow back by CHANGING the game. He had to lose to relearn how to win. Bring something the judges and fans don't expect to see. He deserved that comeback victory and did so with an incredible NEW physique. Remember how shocked we all were when he came out? It was reminiscent of Coleman in 2003. Force the judges to notice you.
    Everything Arnold did was designed to make the judges notice him.
    Samir Bannout forced the judges to notice him.
    Lee Haney did it in 84, but i don't think he had anyone who was a legitimate threat to him - until....
    Dorian changed everything and made it impossible to predict anything. He also made it impossible for the judges not to compare him to the Champion. Which must of scared the shit out of Haney. 2nd place in your first Mr. Olympia??!?!?! That's INSANE!!!!
    Ronnie re-wrote the book... 4 times!!!! In 98, 99 and 2000... then when it looked as if his reighn was coming to an end.... 2003 happened. Lights out, game over!!!
    Jay was given a wake up call and nailed it.

Don't just compete. Force the judges to notice you.
    ... and scare the shit out the competition.

Behemoth

Ced is the ONLY true WHAT IF in the sport right now.

This guys potential is amazing (although I disagree with Peters assessment that only Heath, Ramy and Comptin can win the Olympia in the future... Cedric Macmillan MUST be in that debate)... and I would rather him challenge for the top spot than come in and bounce around with placements out of the top 6 (or close to it) for the next few years. Use other competitions to gauge success. I admire the way Dorian did it... don't compete in anything unless you are there to WIN and know that you can realistically do so. At such a young age he has time on his side like no other competitor. If you cannot crack the top 3 in the Olympia with your first 3 appearances, chances are you'll never win.... a Ronnie Coleman only comes along once in a century.
    Basically, I think he should compete in the Olympia when he's already won an Arnold and it's obvious he's the legitimate threat to the Sandow before stepping on the stage.

but The sport is very subjective... I think the judges get very used to seeing the same physiques on the stage... with so few dramatic changes ocurring physically year after year it tends to fall into the "same old same old" category. They look for the same weaknesses and improvements (see Dennis Wolf) and always compare what they have seen to what they are seeing. Our minds make comparisms to one another even before we see what's before us. Everyone always knew what Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler and Kevin Levrone were going to bring against Dorian. They never brought anything substantially different (just high quality) whereas Dorian (and Ronnie Coleman) always brought a different package. I think that is why they were such great champions, they continued to raise the bar.
    Phil Heath is NOT raising the bar and I think this will be his undoing, he's holding on by the skin of his teeth because of an excellent physique which is getting progressivelly worse... not because of improvements. We have recently seen his increase in mass lead to a smoother and fatter midscetion. This leads me to believe that he's maxed out... or pretty close to it. Comptin has a chance in the future to storm the stage with a new physique that will force comparism. So I think he should strategize and hold off until he has a new kind of WOW factor. This is an advantage in my opinion.
    Remember... Ronnie Coleman lost because his body started to go backwards - not improve. Jay was just around to take it. Then Jay lost because I think he got complacent... Victor kicked his ass but got screwed, then Dexter smoked him. Jay could only win that Sandow back by CHANGING the game. He had to lose to relearn how to win. Bring something the judges and fans don't expect to see. He deserved that comeback victory and did so with an incredible NEW physique. Remember how shocked we all were when he came out? It was reminiscent of Coleman in 2003. Force the judges to notice you.
    Lee Haney did it in 84, but i don't think he had anyone who was a legitimate threat to him - until....
    Dorian changed everything and made it impossible to predict anything. He also made it impossible for the judges not to compare him to the Champion. Which must of scared the shit out of Haney. 2nd place in your first Mr. Olympia??!?!?! That's INSANE!!!!
    Ronnie re-wrote the book... 4 times!!!! In 98, 99 and 2000... then when it looked as if his reighn was coming to an end.... 2003 happened. Lights out, game over!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scratch View Post

I think the judges get very used to seeing the same physiques on the stage... with so few dramatic changes ocurring physically year after year it tends to fall into the "same old same old" category. They look for the same weaknesses and improvements (see Dennis Wolf) and always compare what they have seen to what they are seeing. Our minds make comparisms to one another even before we see what's before us. Everyone always knew what Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler and Kevin Levrone were going to bring against Dorian. They never brought anything substantially different (just high quality) whereas Dorian (and Ronnie Coleman) always brought a different package. I think that is why they were such great champions, they continued to raise the bar.

Good logic all the way there, Scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Scratch View Post

but The sport is very subjective... I think the judges get very used to seeing the same physiques on the stage... with so few dramatic changes ocurring physically year after year it tends to fall into the "same old same old" category. They look for the same weaknesses and improvements (see Dennis Wolf) and always compare what they have seen to what they are seeing. Our minds make comparisms to one another even before we see what's before us. Everyone always knew what Shawn Ray, Flex Wheeler and Kevin Levrone were going to bring against Dorian. They never brought anything substantially different (just high quality) whereas Dorian (and Ronnie Coleman) always brought a different package. I think that is why they were such great champions, they continued to raise the bar.

I really like your way of thinking and I believe we are on the same page with things. Thats why I chose to sit the O out this year. I know there is alot of improvements that need to be made before I can challenge the champ, so with a legitimate offseason I would be able to make the improvements and plan to come after the Arnold title in 2015 to see where I stand. Realistically I would do the Olympia after that, but I will not make that decision until it comes time for the Arnold. I want to take it one step at a time and play it all by ear

I think Justin can be a future MR O without a doubt. You dont see phenomenon's like him very often. He reminds me of a young Jay Cutler. I think he brings a good balance of shape, symmetry, and mass. He is a very smart bodybuilder...he trains smart for longevity...not lifting all crazy like Branch of hopes of trying to put on too much size too quickly. The wife and I decided to go to the Arnold next year just to be able to see Justin compete there. I think he has a good shot of winning the overall. He will be for sure in the top 3. Justin is a good ambassador for the sport. He seems like an honest, down to earth guy...not a cocky meathead like some other pros that act like they are too good to talk to you. Overall I see a very bright future for Justin and wish him the best.

i think he has mr. o potential solely based on the fact that he has little to no haters. compliments are scares on these boards. hyperbolic critiques, and mud-slinging are the norm. this guy must have true potential
    instagram: fit4payne_benthebuilder

He's on his way. I went to the booth where Dmitry Klokov was and my eyes went left. Lo and behold it was Justin Compton getting ready to head out of that booth. I wanted a picture but I had a hard time asking the pros there for pics. It's something else seeing them in person. I'll never forget the Olympia. He's got the tools, seems like, to become Mr. O. I used to think his calves seemed a bit small due to everything else being so thick. Ramy like. But, again. In person, it's a different story.

he's like a more structurally complete dennis wolf

i forgot height is the ONLY factor to be considered in judging structure.

elf breaks it down pretty well in one of the other recent threads

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast