Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ripped with high carbs?

Dedicated Noob

Question Ripped with high carbs?

Hey Team MD, I am an intermediate weight lifter with aspirations of one day turning pro. That being said, I could sure use some dieting advice. See, I am having trouble losing these last 5-10 pounds from my lower abdomen. I have tried the low-to-no carb diet and found it to be brutally pointless. On this diet, I am flat looking, weak feeling, and sick to the point of nausea. THAT being said, I LOVE/NEED CARBS, BUT I LOVE/NEED A SICK-ASS RIPPED CORE! What should I do? Is it possible to not diet, eat carb heavy, and still get the desired result? Couldn't I just continue to train and eat heavy, growing so much that eventually the lil gut will look like nothing? PLEASE HELP, AS TEAM MD IS THE SHIT!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Crittenden View Post
    Hey Team MD, I am an intermediate weight lifter with aspirations of one day turning pro. That being said, I could sure use some dieting advice. See, I am having trouble losing these last 5-10 pounds from my lower abdomen. I have tried the low-to-no carb diet and found it to be brutally pointless. On this diet, I am flat looking, weak feeling, and sick to the point of nausea. THAT being said, I LOVE/NEED CARBS, BUT I LOVE/NEED A SICK-ASS RIPPED CORE! What should I do? Is it possible to not diet, eat carb heavy, and still get the desired result? Couldn't I just continue to train and eat heavy, growing so much that eventually the lil gut will look like nothing? PLEASE HELP, AS TEAM MD IS THE SHIT!

It's calories in vs calories out..

You need a certain amount of protein to preserve muscle mass.

Fat and Carbs are you're energy sources... If you need to be 200 calories below maintenance you have to take it away from these sources... I prefer like you to eat more carbs so I go low fat.. During my prep I chose to go under 40g of fat a day to have higher carbs..

Of course burning more calories allow you to eat more as well.

Dedicated Noob

Default thanks brother!

Quote Originally Posted by JordanWFitness View Post
    It's calories in vs calories out..

You need a certain amount of protein to preserve muscle mass.

Fat and Carbs are you're energy sources... If you need to be 200 calories below maintenance you have to take it away from these sources... I prefer like you to eat more carbs so I go low fat.. During my prep I chose to go under 40g of fat a day to have higher carbs..

Of course burning more calories allow you to eat more as well.
    Thanks for the advice man. You are looking shredded and arid!

Muscle Head

I give you simple advise run for 20 minutes rigorously you will lose. I have lost my abdomen fat.