Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Justin Compton's Alaskan Chest, Delts & Triceps Workout

Default Justin Compton's Alaskan Chest, Delts & Triceps Workout

Justin do you think smith machine(incline) is better pushing movement for upper chest then just with barbell?
    DEDICATED FOR LIFE.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwire View Post
    Justin do you think smith machine(incline) is better pushing movement for upper chest then just with barbell?
    Both have their place but I personally don't do alot of barbell presses I feel more stimulation from the smith or hammer strength

Quote Originally Posted by justincompton View Post
    Both have their place but I personally don't do alot of barbell presses I feel more stimulation from the smith or hammer strength
    Cool, I personally feel my chest best using dumbbells
    DEDICATED FOR LIFE.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwire View Post
    Cool, I personally feel my chest best using dumbbells
    Dumbbells work too! But here is my philsophy sometimes. I need to use 150lbs to be effective for me. And I really feel like I lose 1-2 reps when I gotta carry them half way across the gym to a bench then the process of getting them from my knees(point A) to my chest(point B) getting started. I will either finish the workout with lighter dumbbells or if I have a training partner we will sit the dumbbells up on each others knees so don't waste energy getting ready for the set!

Dumbbells work too! But here is my philsophy sometimes. I need to use 150lbs to be effective for me. And I really feel like I lose 1-2 reps when I gotta carry them half way across the gym to a bench then the process of getting them from my knees(point A) to my chest(point B) getting started. I will either finish the workout with lighter dumbbells or if I have a training partner we will sit the dumbbells up on each others knees so don't waste energy getting ready for the set!
    Very good point!
    DEDICATED FOR LIFE.

That's your cardio justin! I wish I had this problem

Quote Originally Posted by pmaks88 View Post
    That's your cardio justin! I wish I had this problem
    Yeah I know right? I'm not trying to do a farmers walk then a log press just to do alittle chest work lol

Do you do anything in particular to make sure your shoulders don't overpower your chest? Both are huge on you, but it seems a lot of top amateurs and pros seem to hit a point where their shoulders overtake their chest and make it seem weaker by comparison.
    I min/max my physique

Yeah I know right? I'm not trying to do a farmers walk then a log press just to do alittle chest work lol
    That's why you roll them over and have someone pick them up and put them on your knee!

But yeah doing that, or even just trying to bring them from the ground to your knees does waste a lot. I usually sit there with the dumbbells in my knees for a good minute to recover and fully give the set everything

Quote Originally Posted by El_Spiko View Post
    Do you do anything in particular to make sure your shoulders don't overpower your chest? Both are huge on you, but it seems a lot of top amateurs and pros seem to hit a point where their shoulders overtake their chest and make it seem weaker by comparison.
    I try to make sure I keep my shoulder blades back in all the movements with my chest up this really seems to help me

he's gonna be tough to beat at the Arnold Classic.