Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New MD Cover: 212 Champion Flex Lewis

Default New MD Cover: 212 Champion Flex Lewis

Flex Lewis, three-time winner of the 212 Mr. Olympia, is at crossroads in his career. He has reached the pinnacle of achievement and muscular development in the 212-pound division, and is the best 212-pound bodybuilder in the world. Should Flex continue his reign as King of the 212s, or move on to bigger and better things in the open division? There is only one place for Flex to go- onward and upward.

Flex’s excellent conditioning is what will enable him to successfully transition into the open division. His condition is especially good from the back – Flex can compete with anyone from behind. He is young and still has time to grow to be fiercely competitive at a higher weight. Flex is tapped out of the 212s. His conditioning has maxed out at that weight, and the 212s won’t miss him. It’s time for Flex to move on and experience new challenges, including winning the Mr. Olympia contest. Competing in the opens would also mean more prestige and greater earning potential for Flex.

Flex Lewis would not be the first bodybuilder with the impeccable conditioning to be a force to be reckoned with at around the 220 mark. At about 220 pounds, Shawn Ray was called a “giant killer” and placed in the top five of the Mr. Olympia contest for 12 consecutive years, even though he weighted 40-50 pounds less than some of the other competitors. Lee Priest competed at around 205 with sick conditioning. And MD’s Dexter “The Blade” Jackson, competing at about 225 placed fifth at this year’s Mr. Olympia.

Peter McGough’s Flex feature this month looks at his career trajectory in “Flex Lewis: The BIG Dilemma! 212 or Not 212, That Is the Question.” Is Flex ready to make the jump into the opens? Flex says, “I do not want to come to the end of the road and be left with the thought, ‘Did I really give it my best shot? Could I have been better?’ I couldn’t live with that.” What do you guy’s think? Should Flex move up to the open or not?

The rest of the book is packed to the binder as usual – with all the latest cutting-edge research and information on bodybuilding by the industry experts and insiders who make it all happen. See you next month!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Blechman, Publisher/Editor-in-Chief
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

Awesome. Next 212er that needs a cover is Jose.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

great shot. looks super freaky.

The debate over whether or not Flex should jump to the open is ludicrous. Only he can answer that question. Whether or not he will be competitive, or lose money are essentially stupid debates. As an athlete, he will either want the challenge, or he will want to remain where it is safe and he is the favourite. I can sympathize with the desire to be better, and to maximize one's potential; I can't sympathize with the desire to make more money or claim eas(ier) victories. Essentially it's up to him; and if he chooses the open, I do not see how that can be a "bad" choice -- unless someone is all about making $$$ or claiming easy victory. Champions are, by their very nature, courageous people who want to test their limits.

One of the most interesting points of this sport is the speculation and different hypothesis. Think good, this it gives life and open discussions and multiple views, fun comes with it.

This case is very intriguing and have be spent years waiting to be solved, who knows what will make Flex?

That sucks no more posters

I'll speculate.

He could out of 212 pounds during a season, show than he can fight with the big men, maybe win a small tournament and being top 10 in MO. After, he could return to reign his class.

To me it's absurd that Flex can't seriously contend for the open Olympia.
    He is the best balanced pro today, in great condition. I think he is better then Heath ( 100% serious).
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Three things throw me off about flex: smooth mid section, awkward side chest and weak rear lat spread. That's just my opinion. Otherwise he is a phenomenal bber! Definitely best 212

Iron Addict

I was about to buy it but as I read through, the printing was WAY OFF! Many pages on the left hand side were cut off.

Banned

Latest MD is weak.
    Love the publication for over 25 years however, it appears that the magazine continues to shift towards online branding which does make sense on multiple levels. This issue has minimal athlete coverage and is the same price without elevating the content.

Again, love the magazine, however, please do not do what REPS ended up doing!

cheers

It's now thinner than other muscle mags. The thing used to be an encyclopedia every month.

Funny how MD almost never uses its own athletes on the cover. LOL; Ramy, Flex, Phil are all FLEX athletes. Free exposure for FLEX once again. Way to go!!
    So dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by popkorn275 View Post
    Funny how MD almost never uses its own athletes on the cover. LOL; Ramy, Flex, Phil are all FLEX athletes. Free exposure for FLEX once again. Way to go!!
    So dumb.
    they used wolf a few times, but most of the time its a flex athlete. flex has the top 3 open and top 2 212.

I seen that at the store, awesome pic of Flex
    MY KING OF KINGS

Love flex Lewis
    Came in off and still rocked it!
    10 months hardcore NO RESTRICTIONS offseason and straight to open

Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Nationals09 View Post
    Love flex Lewis
    Came in off and still rocked it!
    10 months hardcore NO RESTRICTIONS offseason and straight to open
    Have said it a few times on here, but give him a year or two to grow and I think he'd place top six in the open class. He should be more than capable of competing around 225-230lbs. Guys like Kai, Wolf, Rhoden and Dexter won't be around forever either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast