Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 35 to 51 of 152

Thread: John Meadows Trains Calves & Chest with Evan Centopani

  1. #35
    Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ciy Hall
    Posts
    22,791
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSingerman View Post
    2015 Arnold champ. Watch.
    Words of Wisdom!

  2. #36
    Mass Monster majrminer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In pursuit
    Posts
    5,029
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    For the record - Evan for the win! MEAT COW STATUS by the end of December.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

  3. #37
    Barbarian -DNTS-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    538

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by industrialfreak1984 View Post
    Johns conditioning is always top notch! hardest and smartest working competitor in the game. definitely should have a pro card by now. Keep the videos coming Nate.
    1 - he is working A LOT! (but working a lot ie - spending more time when working does not mean to work hard) but he is OVERTHINKING the whole thing, too much too complicated things are involved in his training and nutrition

    2 - he is in very good condition BUT his shape is terrible, he needs to stop pounding these gallons of his intraworkouts. If he deserved pro card why a guy like Dave Palumbo havent got one? (he was twice bigger, the same if not better condition and same shape). Bodybuilding is not only condition but shape too. John is missing one part here

    3 - if he would get his pro card, could you imagine John competing against other pros??? I dont...He is not from the same league

    4 - he is NICE guy, for most ofthers - seems to be very knowledgable and advanced BUT pro cards is not given to the smartest and nicest guys. Sad but true.

    IMO - John needs to stop competing (he looks sicker every year, honestly, kinda poisoned, very sick look I dont know if its from overtraining or steroids or age but you have to agree he does not look right) and do what he does best - training people.

  4. #38
    Juggernaut modredtrenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    proud german
    Posts
    9,561
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -DNTS- View Post
    1 - he is working A LOT! (but working a lot ie - spending more time when working does not mean to work hard) but he is OVERTHINKING the whole thing, too much too complicated things are involved in his training and nutrition

    2 - he is in very good condition BUT his shape is terrible, he needs to stop pounding these gallons of his intraworkouts. If he deserved pro card why a guy like Dave Palumbo havent got one? (he was twice bigger, the same if not better condition and same shape). Bodybuilding is not only condition but shape too. John is missing one part here

    3 - if he would get his pro card, could you imagine John competing against other pros??? I dont...He is not from the same league

    4 - he is NICE guy, for most ofthers - seems to be very knowledgable and advanced BUT pro cards is not given to the smartest and nicest guys. Sad but true.

    IMO - John needs to stop competing (he looks sicker every year, honestly, kinda poisoned, very sick look I dont know if its from overtraining or steroids or age but you have to agree he does not look right) and do what he does best - training people.
    this!

  5. #39
    Juggernaut
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,590
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cbennis32 View Post
    There's definitely bias in this statement considering both your personal and professional relationship with him. I think it depends on who shows up. If dexter, rhoden, ramy or wolf show up, you're prediction probably won't come to fruition. There's not a dude I'd rather have win the arnold than evan, but if any of those dudes show up, evan's offseason improvements will have to be dramatic for him to win. I didn't even mention ced or compton either. Both have had basically an entire year to improve. Ced took it to evan last year at the arnold so with an entire year like evan to improve, he poses perhaps the biggest threat to evan winning. Evan will have to have improved enough to not only catch up to the physique ced brought last year but also beat ced's imorovements from this recent offseason. That being said, I do hope your prediction is right and evan can pull it off.
    Rhoden and Wolf are NOT competing. They have both said they are taking the year off. I doubt Ramy will compete and not sure if Dex will either. IMO it's between Evan, Cedric and Justin Compton. All three are looking huge.

  6. #40
    Mass Monster Billy Blackwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    shawn ray is the best poser ever and he never trembled , not when he was doin his training vids not on stage.

    That's pretty much the definition of a bro scientist right there. Someone that finds a trait or quality about one person and thinks that whatever random variable associated with that person is the reason for why they appear a certain way. Arnold trained for 2-3 hours and was smooth in all of his poses. WAIT, BUT ARNOLD DID DONKEY CALF RAISES WITH PEOPLE ON HIS BACK - MAYBE THAT COUNTERACTED THE OVERTRAINING, and allowed him to contact without shaking. Jeez, the associations people make...where the hell do you even spin the wheel of fortune for it to land on over training as your reasoning?

  7. #41
    Juggernaut modredtrenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    proud german
    Posts
    9,561
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blackwell View Post
    That's pretty much the definition of a bro scientist right there. Someone that finds a trait or quality about one person and thinks that whatever random variable associated with that person is the reason for why they appear a certain way. Arnold trained for 2-3 hours and was smooth in all of his poses. WAIT, BUT ARNOLD DID DONKEY CALF RAISES WITH PEOPLE ON HIS BACK - MAYBE THAT COUNTERACTED THE OVERTRAINING, and allowed him to contact without shaking. Jeez, the associations people make...where the hell do you even spin the wheel of fortune for it to land on over training as your reasoning?
    why you talk shit? another guy was saying john trembles because he is overtrained and is missing some vitamins or something - you dont talk shit about bro science to him , my answer was for a guy who said that meadows is trembling because he is tired. so whats wrong with my comment if i say that shawn ray never trembled while posing or training? do you think ray did not get tired from all these things? meadows looks unhealthy and trembles a lot , most likely there is a reason for this. its so funny that some guys claim that there is no such thing like overtraining but a little training and posing is enough to tremble like a drug addict..ridiculous.
    Last edited by modredtrenton; November 23rd, 2014 at 09:07 AM.

  8. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blackwell View Post
    That's pretty much the definition of a bro scientist right there. Someone that finds a trait or quality about one person and thinks that whatever random variable associated with that person is the reason for why they appear a certain way. Arnold trained for 2-3 hours and was smooth in all of his poses. WAIT, BUT ARNOLD DID DONKEY CALF RAISES WITH PEOPLE ON HIS BACK - MAYBE THAT COUNTERACTED THE OVERTRAINING, and allowed him to contact without shaking. Jeez, the associations people make...where the hell do you even spin the wheel of fortune for it to land on over training as your reasoning?
    No, modred is actually pretty right. Shawn Ray did not tremble, Levrone did not. Dorian still no. And other who don't overtrain and overstimulate too much their CNS.

    + Arnold did not overtrain. Being 2-3 hours in a gym don't mean you train with heavy weight like a maniac 2/3 hours in the gym. He was volume but light weight. Hope it helps. Arnold was one of the smartest BB of his era. He knew that if he could lead other people to believe he was training 6/8 hours / day. They would follow his path stupidly and overtrain. And not be a threat at all.

  9. #43
    Mass Monster Billy Blackwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    why you talk shit? another guy was saying john trembles because he is overtrained and is missing some vitamins or something - you dont talk shit about bro science to him , my answer was for a guy who said that meadows is trembling because he is tired. so whats wrong with my comment if i say that shawn ray never trembled while posing or training? do you think ray did not get tired from all these things? meadows looks unhealthy and trembles a lot , most likely there is a reason for this. its so funny that some guys claim that there is no such thing like overtraining but a little training and posing is enough to tremble like a drug addict..ridiculous.
    My post was to anyone that made such random claims based on a few coincidental variables. I'm wondering besides an association with a person who didn't train with a lot of volume and their ability not to shake when posing, WHERE this idea/association between over training and shaking when you pose comes from. Say stimulants, say the muscle is fatigued, any of those claims you could at least point to some sort of science to back it up besides a few bodybuilders who also do the same.

    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

  10. #44
    Mass Monster Billy Blackwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidcua View Post
    No, modred is actually pretty right. Shawn Ray did not tremble, Levrone did not. Dorian still no. And other who don't overtrain and overstimulate too much their CNS.

    + Arnold did not overtrain. Being 2-3 hours in a gym don't mean you train with heavy weight like a maniac 2/3 hours in the gym. He was volume but light weight. Hope it helps. Arnold was one of the smartest BB of his era. He knew that if he could lead other people to believe he was training 6/8 hours / day. They would follow his path stupidly and overtrain. And not be a threat at all.
    The same way you were not there for arnold's workouts, you are not there for john's. Every clip or picture I see of arnold lifting he is grimacing hardcore. He may have trained light but he OVERLOADED the fuck out of his muscles. And he did it for multiple hours. That's just an easy example to trump your weak argument so I expected some reason for why he didn't count.

    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

  11. #45
    Colemanesque Beti ona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    21,835
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Meadows structure is poor, is short and only could compete in 212 pounds. His look is strange, but not in a good sense.

  12. #46
    Juggernaut modredtrenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    proud german
    Posts
    9,561
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blackwell View Post
    My post was to anyone that made such random claims based on a few coincidental variables. I'm wondering besides an association with a person who didn't train with a lot of volume and their ability not to shake when posing, WHERE this idea/association between over training and shaking when you pose comes from. Say stimulants, say the muscle is fatigued, any of those claims you could at least point to some sort of science to back it up besides a few bodybuilders who also do the same.

    Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

    ok i see your point.

  13. #47
    Juggernaut modredtrenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    proud german
    Posts
    9,561
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    Meadows structure is poor, is short and only could compete in 212 pounds. His look is strange, but not in a good sense.
    meadows is a very,very good bodybuilder no doubt about it. his structure is something he cant do anything about. in my opinon he was his best ever the last time he competed , if he was not able to get his card in this shape he can do it never. his placing this year shows it, jhon should quit his hunt for the card now, sure there are spots he could get it if he is lucky but there is no point in waiting for being lucky.

    he should not kill himself by trying something that just was not meant for him. bostin loyd beat a guy for the overall at his last contest and exactly this guy took his card by taking second in the lightheavys this weekend... if destiny wants it you win, if not you are screwed.

  14. #48
    Colemanesque Beti ona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    21,835
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I do not know about his goals, maybe he no dreaming in get the pro card and compete just because like it, then that's fine.

  15. #49
    Juggernaut modredtrenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    proud german
    Posts
    9,561
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    I do not know about his goals, maybe he no dreaming in get the pro card and compete just because like it, then that's fine.
    hm competing for the fun of it? no - he has a business and a reputation. finally winning a pro card maybe would give him a push for his already good reputation but never get there and placing worse each year does nothing good for him.

  16. #50
    Colemanesque Beti ona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    21,835
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I do not think that he need the card to boost his business. You have success preparers who never set foot on stage.

    So hard to think that many competing because they like? One thing is clear, 99% of competitors never will win the pro card.

  17. #51
    Juggernaut modredtrenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    proud german
    Posts
    9,561
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    I do not think that he need the card to boost his business. You have success preparers who never set foot on stage.

    So hard to think that many competing because they like? One thing is clear, 99% of competitors never will win the pro card.
    if i was a prep coach and a super conditioned , big competitor i would get sick seeing all this mpd losers taking a card like it was candy , if i stay amateur no matter what i try. there dont always have to be rational reasons for wanting something.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •