Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: John Meadows Trains Calves & Chest with Evan Centopani

Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by pemo928 View Post
    The internet is a strange place... This 42 year old man brought his best physique to date, which earned him 6th place in a national show after dieting for 6 weeks and competing against around 40 other competitors ( most of which are probably at least 10 years younger than him ) and these are the comments/opinions written.

Congrats Johns !
    here here. Well done John!

John looked amazing! From the pictures his only weak pose was front relaxed, so whats all that bs talk about him getting worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    First, I want to congratulate John on a great showing and bringing such a well-peaked physique to the stage. The combination of size, condition and overall muscularity that John displayed was arguably the best in the show. John competed several weeks ago at the Masters Nationals and I think it's clear that the physique he brought to Miami was significantly better.

As for comments regarding John's shape, it is true that his midsection has been his Achilles heal. Some know this and some don't but John had a surgery on his intestines years back that didn't do his midsection any favors. Although I forget the exact nature of/reason for the procedure I do know that it left John with limited control over his abdominal muscles. I know that John worked SO hard this prep to improve his abdominal control in order to make for better presentation...and in my estimation he was really successful! I watched the show in person and thought John did an great job of keeping his waist tight. In some poses (mainly the front shots), no matter what, the appearance of his midsection was still less than ideal. Is this something that John can continue to improve? Knowing John, if he wants to do that then he most likely will!

All in all, I think John did an incredible job. For a guy who has been competing since he was a teen, to bring an improved package to the stage at 42 years old it is nothing short of impressive.

You are seeing thing from the pure bodybuilder side, but what if looking from a human side? The older you are the more you are risking with your health when bringing bigger, rounder, leaner physique onstage especially uf you have had health issues in the past like John did. No matter how his blood sork looks like right now, it might be perfect RIGHT NOW, aas for the most part has long term effects. He seems to be great, nice guy has beautifull family, bussiness I do not understand why the fukc he is trying to beat dead horse and competes at the highest level with so many surgeries he had? It is not love for bodybuilding its more of an obsession

Quote Originally Posted by -DNTS- View Post
    You are seeing thing from the pure bodybuilder side, but what if looking from a human side? The older you are the more you are risking with your health when bringing bigger, rounder, leaner physique onstage especially uf you have had health issues in the past like John did. No matter how his blood sork looks like right now, it might be perfect RIGHT NOW, aas for the most part has long term effects. He seems to be great, nice guy has beautifull family, bussiness I do not understand why the fukc he is trying to beat dead horse and competes at the highest level with so many surgeries he had? It is not love for bodybuilding its more of an obsession
    Exactly, no one is trying to talk shit about the obviously, nice guy. Some are just concerned with the well being of others. Having seen a hand full of friend's lives cut short at that age, it is very hard not to speak out.

Quote Originally Posted by lou0178 View Post
    Exactly, no one is trying to talk shit about the obviously, nice guy. Some are just concerned with the well being of others. Having seen a hand full of friend's lives cut short at that age, it is very hard not to speak out.
    You sound bitter because John is living his dream...are you living yours?
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    You sound bitter because John is living his dream...are you living yours?
    Hey troll, fuck off with your assumptions! My dead friends were living their dream also. My one friend wrote a blog about wanting to live another 40 years with his new fiance. He had just received his "pro card" at 42. He didn't last 2 weeks after that. I stopped competing at 23 because I realized I didn't have the genetics, plus I already had a business that was making 200k a year, in 1996. I'm retired at 42 fuck face, tell Jesus I said hi!
    Last edited by lou0178; November 24th, 2014 at 08:02 AM.

Hey troll, fuck off with your assumptions! My dead friends where living their dream also. My one friend wrote a blog about wanting to live another 40 years with his new fiance. He had just received his "pro card" at 42. He didn't last 2 weeks after that. I stopped competing at 23 because I realized I didn't have the genetics, plus I already had a business that was making 200k a year, in 1996. I'm retired at 42 fuck face, tell Jesus I said hi!
    i wasnt talking about MONEY, or early retirement, or financial security for you or your family...I was talking about living your dream...What you are saying about Meadows clearly reflects that you have been focused more on "making a living" rather than "making a LIFE"...You might not consciously realize this, but your constant throwing of jabs at a guy like John is just a reflection of your own dissatisfcation...If I am wrong, then why dont you congratulate the guy and encourage him by saying that there is always the next contest to earn his pro card?
    JESUS THE CHRIST

i wasnt talking about MONEY, or early retirement, or financial security for you or your family...I was talking about living your dream...What you are saying about Meadows clearly reflects that you have been focused more on "making a living" rather than "making a LIFE"...You might not consciously realize this, but your constant throwing of jabs at a guy like John is just a reflection of your own dissatisfcation...If I am wrong, then why dont you congratulate the guy and encourage him by saying that there is always the next contest to earn his pro card?
    I don't think he will get it. Look at Palumbo now, he looks like death warmed over, after chasing his dream. He even resorted to trying a :"miracle healer". Nothing against Meadows, just sometimes that pitbull mentality will get you. I'm glad I realized at a young age. I didn't like all the homo stuff going on around the whole scene back then either. Wasn't for me.

I don't think he will get it. Look at Palumbo now, he looks like death warmed over, after chasing his dream. He even resorted to trying a :"miracle healer". Nothing against Meadows, just sometimes that pitbull mentality will get you. I'm glad I realized at a young age. I didn't like all the homo stuff going on around the whole scene back then either. Wasn't for me.
    I can agree with having an issue with the homo stuff, yes
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by -DNTS- View Post
    Considering bodybuilding from a "human side" is most important. I 100% agree with you that the potential risks/rewards of what we do should constantly be assessed and re-assessed and as all of us get older, the potential for problems is likely to increase (be it in bodybuulding or any other competitive endeavor) In John's case (or in the case of any other bodybuilder) it's difficult for any of us to say what that person should or shouldn't do. John is an adult and a pretty level headed one at that and he is going to make his own decisions.

I can agree with having an issue with the homo stuff, yes
    Not going to hit that lobbed softball today. You're a funny dude sometimes.

BelknapTim85.jpgbelknap.jpgmeadows.jpg4ccbbf4c96b2.jpg
    Tim Belknap (left 2) Meadows (right 2)

Meadows is amazingly huge and shredded. I don't know what more he can do. It would be impossible for him to get THAT much bigger or THAT much leaner next time. He reminds me of a very popular bodybuilder from the early 80's that was ahead of his time when it came to mass and being shredded, Tim Belknap. But for whatever reason he just didn't pile up the titles like other guys. Bodybuilding is Sooo subjective that once you get to a certain level there are some things beyond your control. And being the biggest and leanest doesn't always add up to being the winner.

tim belknap

Juggernaut

When you have a family then it's not just about living your dream. You have to consider others....it's not just about you. That said, I don't think we should be speculating just on how we think people look.

Quote Originally Posted by swaminator View Post
    BelknapTim85.jpgbelknap.jpgmeadows.jpg4ccbbf4c96b2.jpg
    Tim Belknap (left 2) Meadows (right 2)

Meadows is amazingly huge and shredded. I don't know what more he can do. It would be impossible for him to get THAT much bigger or THAT much leaner next time. He reminds me of a very popular bodybuilder from the early 80's that was ahead of his time when it came to mass and being shredded, Tim Belknap. But for whatever reason he just didn't pile up the titles like other guys. Bodybuilding is Sooo subjective that once you get to a certain level there are some things beyond your control. And being the biggest and leanest doesn't always add up to being the winner.

All the facebookers and instagramers looks good in locker room and gym pics, to be a pro you have to look better than everyone else whose looks good ONSTAGE

sorry about your friends, but should every bodybuilder quit because of them?
    How many musicians have died at an early age? Probably more than pro bodybuilders. Do you have this same concern for everyone in the music industry?

Pretty sad that two bantamweights - men weighing no more than 143 pounds - left Miami with pro cards and John did not. Don't even get me started on the dozens of Bikini girls and MPD guys. I guarantee you there were some Bikini girls that turned pro who hadn't even set foot in a gym for the first time a year ago.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast