Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: John Meadows Trains Calves & Chest with Evan Centopani

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Pretty sad that two bantamweights - men weighing no more than 143 pounds - left Miami with pro cards and John did not. Don't even get me started on the dozens of Bikini girls and MPD guys. I guarantee you there were some Bikini girls that turned pro who hadn't even set foot in a gym for the first time a year ago.
    come on Ron, why knock the bantams? They trained, dieted and looked pretty good this year... I would expect better from you with the first half of your comment.. now the bikini and MPD I agree with you on LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Bully God View Post
    come on Ron, why knock the bantams? They trained, dieted and looked pretty good this year... I would expect better from you with the first half of your comment.. now the bikini and MPD I agree with you on LOL
    Simply because it's frustrating to see a guy like John who carries so much thick, detailed muscle continue to remain an amateur when there are plenty of guys that turn pro who can't compare to him. The only bantams who ever made an impact in the nearly 30 years I have followed bb have been Flavio Bacchianini and Marvin Ward.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

But I agree, I should not knock the bantams, this was actually one of the deepest fields for BW I've seen at a national show in many years.
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Simply because it's frustrating to see a guy like John who carries so much thick, detailed muscle continue to remain an amateur when there are plenty of guys that turn pro who can't compare to him. The only bantams who ever made an impact in the nearly 30 years I have followed bb have been Flavio Bacchianini and Marvin Ward.
    I get it.. I mean you have two guys winning their cards at 143lbs where as a guy that is 220lbs and had better conditioning didn't, but you still can't knock the smaller guys. That's why they compete for the overall and RARELY do the bantams ever win.. Marvin Ward and Shaun Clarida come to mind..

Too many cards these days, but i no see reward bantams is particularly wrong. They are not usually to be competitive in the professional scene, so I'm imagining that many are rejecting the card and continue as amateurs.

You should tell that to the Giant Killer Shaun Clarida and see how he feels.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

But I agree, I should not knock the bantams, this was actually one of the deepest fields for BW I've seen at a national show in many years.
    Hire JM as a manager??? Could that help? John Meadows, could in fact hire himself then! JM...

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    You should tell that to the Giant Killer Shaun Clarida and see how he feels.
    I know Shaun and I didn't mean to insult him. I get frustrated seeing people who I know in my hearts deserve a pro card get denied over and over and over again. I shouldn't have picked on the bantams, it's not their fault. Hey, it's not the fault of the Bikini chicks either that there are literally hundreds of them now with IFBB Pro cards.

Shaun is a friend and a client of mine actually. He is a beast..love that guy! He is coming here in December and we are going to get some killer footage....

JM

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaindog1 View Post
    Shaun is a friend and a client of mine actually. He is a beast..love that guy! He is coming here in December and we are going to get some killer footage....

JM
    uh oh!!!!

They are not less deserving than John. And they rightfully within the rules get their pro cards. It's the same for the men's physiq and Bikini competitors.
    If you would grant every 6th place finisher of the class a pro card, A pro card would not mean anything, anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaindog1 View Post

JM
    Shaun is the man, he trains hard, better bring your A game JM
    instagram @naturalguy1
    instagram @universalusa

I met Shawn a couple years ago at the Arnold. Super super nice guy and we chatted like we knew each other for years. He has come a long long way since then!

IMG_0393.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Bully God View Post
    I get it.. I mean you have two guys winning their cards at 143lbs where as a guy that is 220lbs and had better conditioning didn't, but you still can't knock the smaller guys. That's why they compete for the overall and RARELY do the bantams ever win.. Marvin Ward and Shaun Clarida come to mind..
    Thing is, what do the bantams do in the IFBB? Wait 10 years until they add 80 lbs of muscle (or whatever is the difference between bantam/the next comparable bodyweight to compete at 212 and under). John might not do amazing at IFBB pro shows, but at least he can compare to a division that actually exists in the IFBB pro shows.

Quote Originally Posted by davidcua View Post
    They are not less deserving than John. And they rightfully within the rules get their pro cards. It's the same for the men's physiq and Bikini competitors.
    If you would grant every 6th place finisher of the class a pro card, A pro card would not mean anything, anymore.
    jeez, he already apologized. he didnt mean it the way it came out.

the bantamweight winner this year was life-long drug free, so he can now brag about being a natty IFBB Pro
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by davidcua View Post
    When you have women/girls who don't look any different or more like an athlete than random hot babes at the beach turning pro, what does a pro card mean today? Of course Bikini girls are hot and the top pro Bikini girls obviously look like they do some kind of training. But I see plenty on FB and IG who seriously don't even seem like they workout, they are just girls with naturally hot bodies.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast