Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: John Meadows Trains Calves & Chest with Evan Centopani

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Good luck John

Johns conditioning is always top notch! hardest and smartest working competitor in the game. definitely should have a pro card by now. Keep the videos coming Nate.

Quote Originally Posted by industrialfreak1984 View Post
    Johns conditioning is always top notch! hardest and smartest working competitor in the game. definitely should have a pro card by now. Keep the videos coming Nate.
    Well if you consider hardest working competitor, people who greatly overtrain, and shot their CNS. Then he is your man. Just look at the way his muscle tremble when he is training or posing. That's usually a pretty great sign of overtraining, and a CNS that does not recuperate.
    (Or sometimes stimulant abuse, it can be even chronic use of heavy dose of caffeine, not even banned substances)

Other than that. Have nothing bad to say about him. He seems like a great guy to be around.
    Last edited by davidcua; November 21st, 2014 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidcua View Post
    Well if you consider hardest working competitor, people who greatly overtrain, and shot their CNS. Then he is your man. Just look at the way his muscle tremble when he is training or posing. That's usually a pretty great sign of overtraining, and a CNS that does not recuperate.
    (Or sometimes stimulant abuse, it can be even chronic use of heavy dose of caffeine, not even banned substances)

Other than that. Have nothing bad to say about him. He seems like a great guy to be around.
    Solid broscience, bro.
    A standard is set when performance is taken to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by industrialfreak1984 View Post
    1 - he is working A LOT! (but working a lot ie - spending more time when working does not mean to work hard) but he is OVERTHINKING the whole thing, too much too complicated things are involved in his training and nutrition

2 - he is in very good condition BUT his shape is terrible, he needs to stop pounding these gallons of his intraworkouts. If he deserved pro card why a guy like Dave Palumbo havent got one? (he was twice bigger, the same if not better condition and same shape). Bodybuilding is not only condition but shape too. John is missing one part here

3 - if he would get his pro card, could you imagine John competing against other pros??? I dont...He is not from the same league

4 - he is NICE guy, for most ofthers - seems to be very knowledgable and advanced BUT pro cards is not given to the smartest and nicest guys. Sad but true.

IMO - John needs to stop competing (he looks sicker every year, honestly, kinda poisoned, very sick look I dont know if its from overtraining or steroids or age but you have to agree he does not look right) and do what he does best - training people.

Quote Originally Posted by -DNTS- View Post
    1 - he is working A LOT! (but working a lot ie - spending more time when working does not mean to work hard) but he is OVERTHINKING the whole thing, too much too complicated things are involved in his training and nutrition

2 - he is in very good condition BUT his shape is terrible, he needs to stop pounding these gallons of his intraworkouts. If he deserved pro card why a guy like Dave Palumbo havent got one? (he was twice bigger, the same if not better condition and same shape). Bodybuilding is not only condition but shape too. John is missing one part here

3 - if he would get his pro card, could you imagine John competing against other pros??? I dont...He is not from the same league

4 - he is NICE guy, for most ofthers - seems to be very knowledgable and advanced BUT pro cards is not given to the smartest and nicest guys. Sad but true.

IMO - John needs to stop competing (he looks sicker every year, honestly, kinda poisoned, very sick look I dont know if its from overtraining or steroids or age but you have to agree he does not look right) and do what he does best - training people.
    this!

Quote Originally Posted by -DNTS- View Post

What in the all hell does this have to do with his shape?

Quote Originally Posted by D-NUTZ View Post
    What in the all hell does this have to do with his shape?
    Let me explain this for you...

There are bodybuilders with small waist, over the years in bodybuilding from all the stuff - aas, hgh, slin, food some of them got distended belly BUT since they got tinny waist naturally and they can control them to some degree while they are onstage they do not look so bad for example Ronnie Coleman. But there are guys whose got wide waist naturally and over the years they got distention they look terrible onstage, example - John Maedows, Jay Cutler etc

And I can make you sure !!! Pounding down 1.5 gallon liquid 150g of carbs in a matter of hour-two when gh, slin are at their peak, most of the blood is in the muscles over and over, training session after training session affects waistline for sure!
    Pics:
    John in 2014 (distended version) vs John in 2007 (flat version). The waist is the same - wide, but these past years Johns belly got distended too.
    2566-john-meadows-3_final.jpg QW5Q7146_TFMKLYXEAZ.jpg

Do u have anything to back up that rediculous claim?? Johns training is always top notch and well thought out!

Quote Originally Posted by mabodybuilder View Post
    Do u have anything to back up that rediculous claim?? Johns training is always top notch and well thought out!
    agreed. John is one of the nicest and smartest guys you can train with. Watching the way he trains in person is nothing but motivating. Best of luck to him!

Quote Originally Posted by Bully God View Post
    agreed. John is one of the nicest and smartest guys you can train with. Watching the way he trains in person is nothing but motivating. Best of luck to him!
    I did not say anything bad about his personality! He really seems like a great guy, wish him the best too ! And I enjoy his videos when he talk about nutrition. Indeed very knowledgeable. (Prefer Evan Centopani nutrition wise, or even training wise. A lot smarter training wise about overtraining/ training IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by mabodybuilder View Post
    Aside from common sense and observation. No

In every video of him, you see him trembling when he does his repetition, even at the beginning of a set. The same goes for his posing he tremble a LOT.
    Usually it's a pretty OBVIOUS sign of overtraining (CNS wise).

It could be from a lack of some vitamins and minerals that contracts. But since his eating habits knowledge is indeed very good, advance and sensible. i think it does not come from that
    And when you see his past videos, the origin of his trembling seems to come from his training. (Overtraining).

A lot of other competitors (and i don't mean John Meadows) these days overtrain, or overuse stimulants and it's show in their physiq, and when they pose ou contract their muscle. Some try to compensate their training by the use of heavier dose of PEDs. I think that's stupid. (Not the use of PED's, but their use to compensate chronic overtraining, and a soso recuperation)

Training should just be the "enough" stimulus to enhance growth. Not the Too much stimulus to shot your CNS

In every video of him, you see him trembling when he does his repetition, even at the beginning of a set. The same goes for his posing he tremble a LOT.

It could be from a lack of some vitamins and minerals that contracts. But since his eating habits knowledge is indeed very good, advance and sensible. i think it does not come from that
    And when you see his past videos, the origin of his trembling seems to come from his training. (Overtraining).

A lot of other competitors (and i don't mean John Meadows) these days overtrain, or overuse stimulants and it's show in their physiq, and when they pose ou contract their muscle. Some try to compensate their training by the use of heavier dose of PEDs. I think that's stupid. (Not the use of PED's, but their use to compensate chronic overtraining, and a soso recuperation)

Training should just be the "enough" stimulus to enhance growth. Not the Too much stimulus to shot your CNS
    He was posing at the end of his workout. He was tired. Of course he's going to tremble a bit. I'd love to see a post workout video of you posing and not shaking.

Not to mention, John doesn't do cardio. I am willing to bet that his CNS is less taxed than many other BBer's. But there's no objective way in which to point this out one way or another.

I guess what I am trying to say is, if you have no evidence to support your claim then you don't have a leg to stand on.

Bro science post by the Internet doctor of the week. Thank you for the invaluable information....

Quote Originally Posted by FLIP View Post
    Bro science post by the Internet doctor of the week. Thank you for the invaluable information....
    Nope, not a doctor (internet one), or a "bro scientist". Just some random dude with common sense. De nada pal ^^

Quote Originally Posted by FLIP View Post
    Yes, thanks so much. Never mind that 'overtraining' is a grave medical condition which requires almost inhuman levels of exertion to achieve. Oh, and newsflash -- John Meadows has a pretty good grip on recovery.

God, what a twat. Wonder if it occurs to him that shaking could be a sign of extreme effort?

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast