Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: John Meadows Trains Calves & Chest with Evan Centopani

Default John Meadows Trains Calves & Chest with Evan Centopani

Good luck John

Johns conditioning is always top notch! hardest and smartest working competitor in the game. definitely should have a pro card by now. Keep the videos coming Nate.

Quote Originally Posted by industrialfreak1984 View Post
    Johns conditioning is always top notch! hardest and smartest working competitor in the game. definitely should have a pro card by now. Keep the videos coming Nate.
    Well if you consider hardest working competitor, people who greatly overtrain, and shot their CNS. Then he is your man. Just look at the way his muscle tremble when he is training or posing. That's usually a pretty great sign of overtraining, and a CNS that does not recuperate.
    (Or sometimes stimulant abuse, it can be even chronic use of heavy dose of caffeine, not even banned substances)

Other than that. Have nothing bad to say about him. He seems like a great guy to be around.
    Last edited by davidcua; November 21st, 2014 at 11:55 AM.

Do u have anything to back up that rediculous claim?? Johns training is always top notch and well thought out!

Quote Originally Posted by mabodybuilder View Post
    Do u have anything to back up that rediculous claim?? Johns training is always top notch and well thought out!
    agreed. John is one of the nicest and smartest guys you can train with. Watching the way he trains in person is nothing but motivating. Best of luck to him!

Quote Originally Posted by mabodybuilder View Post
    Aside from common sense and observation. No

In every video of him, you see him trembling when he does his repetition, even at the beginning of a set. The same goes for his posing he tremble a LOT.
    Usually it's a pretty OBVIOUS sign of overtraining (CNS wise).

It could be from a lack of some vitamins and minerals that contracts. But since his eating habits knowledge is indeed very good, advance and sensible. i think it does not come from that
    And when you see his past videos, the origin of his trembling seems to come from his training. (Overtraining).

A lot of other competitors (and i don't mean John Meadows) these days overtrain, or overuse stimulants and it's show in their physiq, and when they pose ou contract their muscle. Some try to compensate their training by the use of heavier dose of PEDs. I think that's stupid. (Not the use of PED's, but their use to compensate chronic overtraining, and a soso recuperation)

Training should just be the "enough" stimulus to enhance growth. Not the Too much stimulus to shot your CNS

Quote Originally Posted by Bully God View Post
    agreed. John is one of the nicest and smartest guys you can train with. Watching the way he trains in person is nothing but motivating. Best of luck to him!
    I did not say anything bad about his personality! He really seems like a great guy, wish him the best too ! And I enjoy his videos when he talk about nutrition. Indeed very knowledgeable. (Prefer Evan Centopani nutrition wise, or even training wise. A lot smarter training wise about overtraining/ training IMO)

Look at the trembling at 8 mins…. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z20MIg8X6zA

And you can go in every videos he seems to tremble a LOT. And he himself say that he had a LOT of injuries, even training light. Well when you overtrain you are much more prone to injuries. cause you body does not fully recuperate. But hey say whatever you want to say. I don't bash the guy! I like him. just hope he will consider that for him. And improve, he deserves it seems like a great guy again.

Hes a freak!

Awesome!!! Two of the most genuine guys out there.

John and Evan are two of my favorite people to follow. It would be badass to see John get that pro card.

That segment about not choosing bodybuilding as a career for financial stability could not ring more true.

I got into competing at 19 and continued with school even though I hated every minute of it. I had the idea of "if I could just get a mag contract or supp contract I could keep it and I'll be set". I soon learned from some vets and pros at my gym that those contracts weren't shit. Very few made any real money with them. To top that off the few that did didn't keep those contracts very long. Now that I'm older and wiser in life (at the age of 26 lol) and wiser in the sport I'm watching those same contracts dwindle down to even less than they were 6-8 years ago... and now social media has become everything. It doesn't matter what you do in the sport of bodybuilding or even if you get magazine exposure, etc. If you want to make $ around this industry then the following you create and your ability to market and sell is all that matters.

I now own a couple Nutrishop's with plans to open a couple more and this is my main gig. I have a degree that is my backup plan in case the business doesn't work out as planned. However, I'm happy with the path I'm on and where I'm headed in business. I am working on all social media with plans on what to do with a following/business on that end. To be truly successful in this industry we need eggs in multiple baskets and damn near a team of people to make that happen. This is way harder than the 9-5 I could have with my degree but it's something I'm passionate about so a 50-60hr week is easier than that boring 40hr stable week. Believe me though...most of my workouts are affected by my business and hours I put in. It's not as easy as just showing up, ringing up supps and transactions, then hitting the gym later.

I have every intention of pursuing bodybuilding as far as I can. It's the passion and the drive for my business. For some reason it's what has captivated me. That being said I do not plan to make any money in bodybuilding. IF it does come, then awesome, but it's not part of the plan. The plan is to work on my business to make the $ to body build. I could probably even find more stability and money working outside of the supplement, fitness, etc industry but then I'm sacrificing doing something I enjoy for security, etc.

I guess to sum up my thoughts, it was refreshing and motivating to hear that coming from Evan and John. If you want to make $ in and around this industry you have to be very marketable and entrepreneurial. Nobody is going to hand you anything, you have to create it yourself...and what you do on the stage actually has very little to do with this. If you aren't willing to do that then find a secure job that gives you the ability to pursue the dream of bodybuilding.

One can body build and enjoy it but relying on it for financial stability and a career is not a wise move. Even Mr.O today has his own hustles to make $. It wasn't just given to him. The prize money in shows isn't worth it even if you make it to that level. You have to be creative and entrepreneurial to get yours which will often be more work than that stable 9-5 you can get with a degree.

Many of you know this...but for those of you that don't I hope it clicks for you.

Good vid!
    Nutrishop Woodland Hills and Thousand Oaks CA Store Owner, NPC Bodybuilder and USPA Powerlifter Brandon Gerdes.

Good luck john and keep the videos coming

Damn does Evan look HUGE ! Great video !

Quote Originally Posted by pemo928 View Post
    Damn does Evan look HUGE ! Great video !
    Idk, his glutes were looking a bit smaller than usual.

Quote Originally Posted by davidcua View Post
    Aside from common sense and observation. No

In every video of him, you see him trembling when he does his repetition, even at the beginning of a set. The same goes for his posing he tremble a LOT.
    Usually it's a pretty OBVIOUS sign of overtraining (CNS wise).

It could be from a lack of some vitamins and minerals that contracts. But since his eating habits knowledge is indeed very good, advance and sensible. i think it does not come from that
    And when you see his past videos, the origin of his trembling seems to come from his training. (Overtraining).

A lot of other competitors (and i don't mean John Meadows) these days overtrain, or overuse stimulants and it's show in their physiq, and when they pose ou contract their muscle. Some try to compensate their training by the use of heavier dose of PEDs. I think that's stupid. (Not the use of PED's, but their use to compensate chronic overtraining, and a soso recuperation)

Training should just be the "enough" stimulus to enhance growth. Not the Too much stimulus to shot your CNS
    He was posing at the end of his workout. He was tired. Of course he's going to tremble a bit. I'd love to see a post workout video of you posing and not shaking.

Not to mention, John doesn't do cardio. I am willing to bet that his CNS is less taxed than many other BBer's. But there's no objective way in which to point this out one way or another.

I guess what I am trying to say is, if you have no evidence to support your claim then you don't have a leg to stand on.

John Meadows was in the first callout, I think
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast