Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Evan Centopani puts John Meadows through a Leg Workout

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FordhamBeast View Post
    Kenny Wallach.. seen him at my gym..pretty known posing coach.. if im not mistaking he helps Delarosa and Marco Rivera here at Star Fitness in the bronx. Some female competitors aswell.

Great Vid.. Evan got some redemtion after Meadows put him thru torture and had him spill his guts.. lol..
    Thanks!
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

John looked great posing. His physique oozes hardwork.
    He keeps getting better every year, despite being a little more... aged.
    #oldmancranking
    I don't knock on doors motherfucker I knock doors over. -Flex Wheeler

John looks good, honestly - too good and too drained for an old man.... If John have not got a pro card in this type of condition - IMO he will never ever get a pro card, he outconditioned the guys onstage big time, but was beat by structure. How can be better next time? 1%? 2%? He cant be any better than he was now (condition wise), so he has so change his structure (impossible) or come in bigger (not wise healthwise at his age and coming bigger would ruin his physique even mor) or he must to compete against weaker oponent (but whats the point competing not with the best of bests, if cant beat the best guys you cannot be the best guy). John, if you arr rrading this - stop that competition thing and do what you love and are known for - training people.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by -DNTS- View Post
    John looks good, honestly - too good and too drained for an old man.... If John have not got a pro card in this type of condition - IMO he will never ever get a pro card, he outconditioned the guys onstage big time, but was beat by structure. How can be better next time? 1%? 2%? He cant be any better than he was now (condition wise), so he has so change his structure (impossible) or come in bigger (not wise healthwise at his age and coming bigger would ruin his physique even mor) or he must to compete against weaker oponent (but whats the point competing not with the best of bests, if cant beat the best guys you cannot be the best guy). John, if you arr rrading this - stop that competition thing and do what you love and are known for - training people.

Yes because you know what you're talking about. Smh People these days.
    I don't knock on doors motherfucker I knock doors over. -Flex Wheeler

Beautiful, elegant, profound.

Sent from my Penis using YourMom'sButtholeatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    Nice tip
    Usually do them the old fashioned way, one hand holding on to something, on toes, body tilted back, looking up, non lock. Will try your method tomorrow though.
    Thanks.. if u need a pic for more details I'll take one tomorrow. Honestly doing it this way made the sissy squats murder my quads. I've done them different ways too, one of the methods u mentioned and I never felt it like I did on the Smith machine. Give it a shot and let me know your thoughts!
    Youre an amateur. In every sense. -Chick to TonyK

When it comes to training, John is up for anything and the guy knows how to PUSH!

Two best people in the sport killin it. What more can you ask for? Great Vid!

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    When it comes to training, John is up for anything and the guy knows how to PUSH!
    Evan.. which gym do u like better? Powerhouse or Elite!?! So jelly u trained at elite..

Maybe he just loves to challenge himself to improve every time he competes, knowing full well he is up against guys with God-given structure and shape? I seriously doubt John harbors any illusions about competing in the Arnold or the O. A pro card would be an achievement in and of itself.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

How old is John anyway?
    A forum without humor is like a gym without Iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Squat Junkie View Post
    How old is John anyway?
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Bully God View Post
    Evan.. which gym do u like better? Powerhouse or Elite!?! So jelly u trained at elite..
    They're both very different. Powerhouse Gym New Haven where I train regularly is more of a bodybulding style gym whereas Elite is obviously geared toward powerlifting. Typically, I'm not nuts about powerlifting gyms but Elite was AWESOME...I'd train there anyday. As for liking one better than the other, of course I'm partial to New Haven as I've been training there regularly for about 10 years and it IS a really great gym. New Haven gets my vote but as I said, I loved Elite and I'd train there anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    They're both very different. Powerhouse Gym New Haven where I train regularly is more of a bodybulding style gym whereas Elite is obviously geared toward powerlifting. Typically, I'm not nuts about powerlifting gyms but Elite was AWESOME...I'd train there anyday. As for liking one better than the other, of course I'm partial to New Haven as I've been training there regularly for about 10 years and it IS a really great gym. New Haven gets my vote but as I said, I loved Elite and I'd train there anytime.
    Nice! I've heard so many stories about how great elite is.. can't wait for more vids from u guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Thank you!
    A forum without humor is like a gym without Iron.

no heavy squats or 2000lbs leg presses? these guys are not hardcore
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    no heavy squats or 2000lbs leg presses? these guys are not hardcore
    I was surprised he even went up to 315 on squats at the end of quads, his quads had to feel like mush by that point and he was only 2 weeks out from his show.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast